Jet Card

Old Oct 24, 18, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Jet Card

I am thinking about purchasing a jet card from either delta private jet or sentient? Has anyone had any experience positive or negative they can share or any alternatives options. I am leaving jetsmarter.
Old Oct 24, 18, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Colepb8 View Post
I am thinking about purchasing a jet card from either delta private jet or sentient? Has anyone had any experience positive or negative they can share or any alternatives options. I am leaving jetsmarter.
Sentient starts at 25 hours and DPJ is now $150,000 so if you plan to fly/spend that much in the next 12-18 months both have good reputations. There are also cards that start at 10 hours. Some are refundable. It also depends where you plan to fly and when - They have peak days and peak day surcharges. Some allow you to change the size of your aircraft each trip and others don't. Some have one-way rates while others have charter pricing. My main exposure via friends has been NetJets, Flexjet and Sentient and all were good. I also know a couple people who have their planes managed by DPJ and they seem happy. A lot has to do with your own needs.
Old Oct 26, 18, 10:04 am

I had a Delta card from 2014-2017 that I have not since renewed as their rates are much higher than shopping a few regular charter companies. I don't see the benefit of jet cards anymore.
Old Oct 26, 18, 1:22 pm

Curious about this as well, can anyone recommend a list of questions to ask charter companies to see if they are reputable so I dont have to go through the expense of a jet card, also how do you know what is considered a good or fair price?
Old Nov 30, 18, 12:53 pm

Read the fine print of the contract they send you.

A lot of jet card companies are buying blocks of time through brokers and are acting as a middle man or middle men if goes from You --> Jet Card --> Broker --> Operator.

So you'll want to know who is actually flying your plane(s) for you and what their safety reputation is.

Other things to look into/ask:
How old are the aircraft that your card buys?
What happens if they provide you an aircraft that is not capable for your mission needs (i.e. you're going skiing but it doesn't have the room to carry your skis?).
What happens if the plane has a problem mid-trip?
What does their guarantee mean, if one is offered?

The main take away is that you want to make sure that the form agreement they send you protects YOU.

I reviewed the contract for a client who was looking for a low dollar jet card from a large jet card provider. He did not know that the card he was buying was for lift on planes that were over twenty years old and that nowhere in the final agreement did it explain what the guarantee that was splashed all over the provider's website meant.

I hope this helps but if you need any further help - feel free to message me on here. I'm a business aviation attorney and frequently represent people/companies in the purchase/sale/lease/finance of jets and fractional interests.

Search this Thread