Philly to Nassau

Old Jul 24, 18, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Philly to Nassau

looking for advice on chartering light jet to Nassau from philly area (was thinking Wilmington makes most sense). Looked at jettly but debating if itís better to just reach out to local operator. It would be for 4 days so 3 overnights and I was hoping to keep the total price around 20k. Think that is doable?

welcome any and all feedback
Old Jul 25, 18, 12:24 am

ILG probably makes most sense (depending on where in Philly area).

Most operators will charge a minimum of 2 hrs/day, which is going to increase your cost. Probably looking at closer to 25k. Can do cheaper I'm sure, just make sure you've done your homework on the safety/reliability front.
Old Jul 25, 18, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Yeah that's an issue that I keep having. Most of my private flights are for family vacations so we typically stay 3/4 days with Nassau being most frequent. I was hoping to try and negotiate the daily minimums or have them waived but it's mixed success. Since most of my travel involves overnights I was trying to decide if it makes more sense to get a jet card through sentient. Higher hourly rate but not charge for overnights and you can get the daily minimums waived. Anyone have any experience with that?

The other thing I've noticed with Caribbean travel is to make sure the operator has fly over privileges so they don't have to stop immediately upon entering US and can clear customs at final destination. I got burned with this previously and had to stop in Wilmington, NC and by the time we landed, cleared customs, and got back up the flight was longer than it would have been flying commercial.
Old Jul 25, 18, 6:44 pm

For 3-4 day roundtrips of reasonable length, I think you're going to end up paying more with a jet card - you can run the math and see for your use case though.

Unless you have a history/volume with the operator, guessing you'll have a hard time getting minimums waived - they're usually negotiated with the aircraft owners.

Agree, overflight permits are definitely a must.

Search this Thread