What is your safety checklist?

Old Jul 15, 18, 4:28 am
Original Poster

What is your safety checklist?

I'm trying to come up with a safety checklist I can apply to an operator in order to decide whether or not I should feel comfortable flying with them. Here are the criteria I've thought of and am trying to decide whether or not to incorporate:

- ARGUS and Wyvern ratings (I believe the operator can be rated this way and I read something about how other aspects such as the crew can be rated as well?)
- owned or managed or brokered aircraft
- age of aircraft
- size of aircraft
- operator reputation (difficult to quantify)
- operator length of time in business

Any thoughts on if or how any of this should be incorporated in a safety checklist?

Any non-safety checklist items to consider? Cancellation and change policy? Amenities?
Old Jul 15, 18, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalkrocks View Post
I'm trying to come up with a safety checklist I can apply to an operator in order to decide whether or not I should feel comfortable flying with them. Here are the criteria I've thought of and am trying to decide whether or not to incorporate:

- ARGUS and Wyvern ratings (I believe the operator can be rated this way and I read something about how other aspects such as the crew can be rated as well?)
- age of aircraft
- size of aircraft

Any thoughts on if or how any of this should be incorporated in a safety checklist?

Any non-safety checklist items to consider? Cancellation and change policy? Amenities?

This article from Forbes has quite a bit of information - It covers a lot of different points including insurance, maintenance, what happens if there are issues during the trip -

Aircraft Maintenance:
  • Who maintains the aircraft? If it is not maintained by a factory service center, how often are the maintenance technicians sent for training specific to that make/model aircraft?
  • How does the operator handle maintenance situations that might arise during a trip you have booked?
International Operations:
  • If you are planning an international flight, what experience does the operator have flying to and within the countries you wish to visit?
  • What specific safety and security measures does the operator implement when conducting operations in that region?
  • Will the charter operator assist with immigration and customs logistics, such as visas and customs forms?
Customer Service:
  • Do the pilots, flight attendants and other employees receive customer service training? How are they and how are they measured?
  • What is the operatorís customer satisfaction rating? What documentation does the operator have to support that?
  • How soon prior to the scheduled flight will the aircraft be at the airport, ready for departure? Iíve found with jet card companies, they sometimes have agreements that the aircraft are there at least an hour before. Some jet card companies require the operators they use to position the aircraft at your airport the night before for early morning departures or if there are weather issues expected.
  • To whom should you complain regarding flight irregularities, safety, or customer service letdowns? Is there someone available 24/7 in case you have any of these concerns?
Aviation Insurance:
  • What company issues the aviation insurance policy? What are the charter operatorís insurance coverage and limits?
  • Will the charter operator name you as an additional insured person?
  • Will the charter operator provide you with a waiver of subrogation and a certificate of insurance confirming the coverage and aircraft that will be used for the flight?

More at the link below

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggol.../#772b6c7d18d7
Old Jul 18, 18, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by flyertalkrocks View Post

- age of aircraft
- size of aircraft

Insurance is something worth comparing side by side.

Search this Thread