Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Other Air Travel including Private & Non-Airline Aviation
Reload this Page >

One time, one way flight, SF->NYC, how much?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Exploring options to move our older dog (to old for air cargo, to big for the cabin) from the SF bay are to NYC. Not knowing anything about the various private options, and reading random bits here and there it's hard to get a clear picture of options and price ranges. Can anyone suggest a realistic range or starting point?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:19 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Best you can do for a private transcon flight is $~25K or so. If you buy a Jetsmarter membership you could probably do it for about $10K ( $5K for membership and then $2.5K each for a seat for you and your dog. However things are very up-in-the-air with Jetsmarter right now, so I'd fully research that option before pulling the trigger.

You could also look at a service like YippeeAir, which will send somebody with your pet on a private or commercial carrier. Could do the Jetsmarter option that way and avoid the membership fee.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by shettich
Exploring options to move our older dog (to old for air cargo, to big for the cabin) from the SF bay are to NYC. Not knowing anything about the various private options, and reading random bits here and there it's hard to get a clear picture of options and price ranges. Can anyone suggest a realistic range or starting point?
Have you looked into making your dog (even if large) a service animal? I believe this can be accomplished with a letter from your doctor saying it "eases your anxiety"

If you do this, the dog should be able to remain in the cabin with you on a commercial flight.

Should this not be an option, you're looking at about 25k even if you're flexible with dates, and that would be on something that may require a stop (which wouldn't be terrible for an older dog on a long trip).

hope that helps a bit, good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.