Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Other Air Travel including Private & Non-Airline Aviation
Reload this Page >

Air Chicago Plans To Take On UA/AA/WN In Battle For Business Travelers

Air Chicago Plans To Take On UA/AA/WN In Battle For Business Travelers

Old May 6, 18, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by schley View Post
That maybe, but as of now we don't know.
The release says the company will operate under Part 135 to start. This is the same as what JetSuiteX runs under. Given the pricing model and the way the offering is structured it is really not going to be a Part 121 commercial airline.
Old May 6, 18, 10:18 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, SPG-Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
The release says the company will operate under Part 135 to start. This is the same as what JetSuiteX runs under. Given the pricing model and the way the offering is structured it is really not going to be a Part 121 commercial airline.
Wow now I know why you have so many posts, dig into the details......

I didn't say they were going commercial regional part 121. You can have operations under part 135 and have a schedule, which is what I said. They wont' have planes just sitting around waiting for someone to call, they will have a schedule published for their customers, not the public, their members.
I can see them having a Chicago to New York flight (airports TBD) everyday leaving at 5:30 am for example. The return would be at 6 pm as an example. Especially if they are only going to service a limited number of cities. Why have a 14 seat plane if you are catering to one client for an on demand flight? There are smaller aircraft that are far more financially advantageous.

So will they do on demand, I'm sure they will, however I think they would have a schedule and augment that with on demand times. They need critical mass of filling seats, so don't know why you believe they will have planes waiting around for 1 customer to say let's go in 6 hours to New York then back tomorrow and use the 14 business class seats for it.

Again I'm NOT saying they are going 121 I'm saying they are going to have a schedule for their members between city pairs they will start to service.
Old May 6, 18, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by schley View Post
they will have a schedule published for their customers, not the public, their members.
Which is what SurfAir does. That's considered a Commuter operator, not scheduled service.

Given that I suggested it would be Scheduled Charter or Commuter service, and now you seem to agree with that, I'm not really sure where the confusion is. Other than it being very different from what La Compagnie offers, the analogous option you raised previously.

I would bet against on-demand service at these prices.
Old May 6, 18, 11:49 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.7MM, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
As the discussion has moved far away for anything UA related and more into the nature of AirChicago's operation, will move the discussion to Other Air Travel including Private & Non-Airline Aviation forum.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old May 6, 18, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, SPG-Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Which is what SurfAir does. That's considered a Commuter operator, not scheduled service.

Given that I suggested it would be Scheduled Charter or Commuter service, and now you seem to agree with that, I'm not really sure where the confusion is. Other than it being very different from what La Compagnie offers, the analogous option you raised previously.

I would bet against on-demand service at these prices.
The confusion isn't with me, it apparently was with you and not sure why.

You can operate a part 135 with a schedule, outside of any on -demand. I am not saying anything different than I have previously, just clarifying what your confusion was. The official FAA definition of a commuter is a scheduled operation of at least “5 round trips per week on at least one route between two or more points according to the published flight schedule.” So perhaps that is your confusion I don't know buddy.

Again talking about La Compangnie I didn't say Air Chicago was like La Compagnie, I was referring to another poster who said they didn't see the market because it wasn't international. That is it.

I said there are companies like La Compagnie that have city to city service internationally. La Compagnie pricing model is different as it needs to be with transatlantic passenger travel.

Thus I'm glad you are agreeing with me and if you don't I'm sorry I can't be more clear than I already have been.
Old Jun 29, 18, 7:28 am
Original Poster

AirChicago says launch delayed until September

Said they will try to start flights as they think that will make it easier to recruit members - Memberships from $1,500 to $14,000 per year plus seats $499 to $899 per hour according to this. Also discussed JetSmarter changes and some other of these semi-private airlines.

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...er/#more-10555