Search

Surf Air is adding 10 new routes in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Surf Air is adding 10 new routes in Europe

Pretty big announcement from Surf Air regarding their European flights --

They are supposed to be adding 10 new flights - last year when they started LCY-ZRH they offered top tier frequent fliers free flights - I hope they do it again - I could definitely use some of these routes.

Zurich – Luxembourg

Zurich – Milan

Zurich – Munich

Zurich – Brussels

Zurich – Vienna

Milan – Geneva

Milan – Nice

Milan – Zurich

Milan – Basel

Brussels – London

No info on schedules - supposedly coming next week - also on what type of aircraft, etc.

Source:
https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...ork/#more-9408
Old Mar 24, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Thanks for posting - just talked to my rep at Surfair about that and he confirmed. There is also a new membership type in addition to the 2100€/2500CHF monthly unlimited: You pay 280€/340CHF per month and have the choice to book any flight for 400€/470CHF oneway. Also asked about aircraft type, etc. and will post as soon as I have an answer.

Quite an interesting development I think - especially given the recent layoff of staff in Europe and the contract with Flairjet expiring..
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:28 am

My rep got back to me and they will be using Wijet and Globeair (and the Flairjet Phenom) for their routes. That means Citation Mustang light jets - Interesting move.. what do you guys think about it?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nilsrtw
My rep got back to me and they will be using Wijet and Globeair (and the Flairjet Phenom) for their routes. That means Citation Mustang light jets - Interesting move.. what do you guys think about it?
Do the Mustangs even have toilets -- besides an emergency potty? or even that? Not a problem for short flights, but if you get into an ATC situation or weather, then maybe an issue. Also makes sense to use operators instead of add to their own fleet - more flexibility i suppose - that's what JetClass has been doing -

I wondering if they will use any of the PC-12s?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:19 pm

Only an emergency potty on the Mustang - and it gets pretty cozy with more than 2 pax. Although Wijet is in the process of replacing their Mustangs with Hondajets (with lavs and wifi), lets see how that will turn out..
I think Jetclass is pretty much just taking what's available and cheap on the market - it seems like Surfair will have long term contracts (maybe even fully assigned aircraft?) with mentioned operators.

I don't think they will use the PC12 in the near future. It just got EASA certified last year and there are not many (any?) operators in Europe yet. Buying doesn't seem to be the long term strategy either since they just surrendered their Part 135 in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.