Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Other Air Travel including Private & Non-Airline Aviation
Reload this Page >

Delta Private Jets launches empty leg membership program

Delta Private Jets launches empty leg membership program

Old May 9, 2018, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the annual fees count for MQDs toward DL status levels, it could be a quick but expensive way to get a bunch of MQDs without flying.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

delta jet card gets DL diamond etc if spending $50K/yr on DL commercial flights

was predictable that "6,300 empty legs last year" would not reflect owner participation
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:04 pm

Can anybody share current Experience on the Empty leg program ? Are there often cancellations after the booking, Service etc. ? Thank you!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:42 am

I joined last year as timing worked out and the exact flight I was looking for happened to be available as an empty leg. I joined, booked the flight and did not have any issues....but my year has now come and gone and that was my only flight I took...in reality I still saved as the flight would have been 13k flight so to pay 8,500 for the membership was worth it for the one flight but the remainder of the year all the other flights were more short repositioning legs so nothing worthwhile. They do keep all the flights public for you to view on their website. My recommendation is to keep an eye when you want to travel and if they have something solid, join at that point.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:03 pm

This may have been covered in another post, but I called today and asked if any Amex Platinum benefits were available JUST for their empty leg program. She said you get 15% off the signup and 15% off renewals. That works out to $1,275.00 off the first year and $900.00 renewal years. I was more than surprised.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Anyone know if they're running the Black Friday/Cyber Monday promo again this year?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Townshend
Anyone know if they're running the Black Friday/Cyber Monday promo again this year?
Yes, first year membership is discounted to $5000, Friday through Monday.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by canuck58
Yes, first year membership is discounted to $5000, Friday through Monday.
Is there a link to this? I knew they had it last year but didn't see anything this year. Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Townshend
Is there a link to this? I knew they had it last year but didn't see anything this year. Thanks!
Discounted rate is shown to me on the contract via the normal signup page. Two year term, $5k year one, $6k year two. A bit tempting but seems there isn’t a consensus here on value/usability.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by msm2
I joined last year as timing worked out and the exact flight I was looking for happened to be available as an empty leg. I joined, booked the flight and did not have any issues....but my year has now come and gone and that was my only flight I took...in reality I still saved as the flight would have been 13k flight so to pay 8,500 for the membership was worth it for the one flight but the remainder of the year all the other flights were more short repositioning legs so nothing worthwhile. They do keep all the flights public for you to view on their website. My recommendation is to keep an eye when you want to travel and if they have something solid, join at that point.
I tried to look for a historical view of flights that were available as a way to see what the general availability might be from airports I am near, but I couldn't find it. I might be tempted if I had a feel for how availability of empty legs has looked over the past year,

ETA: Found the 90 day history. There is a link at the bottom of the page once you log in.

Last edited by xooz; Dec 1, 2019 at 1:16 pm
Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:13 pm

Now having looked at the 90 day history and current options for tomorrow, it takes some getting used to. The "AmpliFly" feature makes sense once you get the hang of it. You see 15 flights from a city, but they are just options. For example, Monday they are ferrying a plane from STL-ECP, but they offer open legs to 10-15 intermediate stops in case someone wants to sign up for an intermediate location. That is a nice feature but clouds the review of how useful the option is from a particular area.

Gave me something to think about tho....
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:53 pm

I just logged in and it mostly looks like podunk airports. Not really any good for people living in metro areas on either coast.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:24 pm

I've been monitoring this for a few months. My takeaway is that it *is* a good value if you can use it a couple times, given that you get the entire plane .

However, the main drawback appears to be that because you get the whole plane, one or two heavy users (or several light users..impossible to know), snatch up the "good" flights (I.e. from populated cities) right away.

So it's been my observation that any flights out of NYC, MIA, SFO, etc. get booked.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:02 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
I bought a membership in November 2019. I still haven't been able to book a flight from the Los Angeles area. I've had my phone in my hand a few times when a notification pops up about a flight and click on it immediately it's already taken.

This is more like a lottery and sucks!

Save your money and don't buy it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.