Sentient Jet information thread

Old Aug 19, 17, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

I couldn't find any existing threads featuring Sentient Jet. They claim to be the leader in jet card sales with 6,000 members which would be differently than pay as you go membership programs like JetSmarter or Wheels Up which has deposit programs as well as pay as you go. The big news is that they are coming out with a card that guarantees WiFi.

Sentient is getting into the private jet shuttle market with a one-off flight from the Breeders' Cup to the horse auctions in Lexington, KY.

Last edited by l'etoile; Aug 28, 17 at 4:18 pm
Old Aug 24, 17, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

that is not shuttle market. id compare to, as one example, residential communities having charters of either airline jet or gulfstream/etc where they book seats.
Old Aug 24, 17, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
that is not shuttle market. id compare to, as one example, residential communities having charters of either airline jet or gulfstream/etc where they book seats.
Wheels Up did something similar to college football games and rightly or wrongly called them shuttles.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300324773.html

When I think of shuttles, I think of the BOS-LGA-DCA shuttles - I think of high frequency service, but that hasn't stopped JetSmarter with their weekly 'shuttles' although that meets the Webster's definition.
Old Aug 25, 17, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

wheels up is doing a lot of them.

even if sentient is using it as a test, they havent expanded yet.
Old Oct 18, 17, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Sentient is introducing a WiFi guaranteed jet card. The jet card is for specific Super-Mid aircraft types.

"The SJ25+ Jet Card is priced at $224,275 for 25 hours, which is particularly notable as Sentientís two current Super-Mid cards, Preferred and Select, are priced at $249,275 and $227,050."

Aircraft will include the Challenger 300, Citation X, Citation Sovereign, Falcon 50EX, Falcon 2000, and Gulfstream 200.

Source: Private Jet Card Comparisons

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...ard/#more-7835
Old Apr 30, 18, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Sentient Jet launched a new website - but two interesting other announcements. They are forecasting $300 million in jet card sales this year. If you figure average card is $150,000 - maybe it's more? That would mean about 2,000 jet cards sold during the year.

It also says that they had their best quarter in more than 10 years which would indicate that before the recession sales were even higher - I thought that was interesting.

In the announcement, Sentient (other Directional companies include Flexjet and Skyjet) said the website launch follows several technological milestones for the company, including the launch of a new mobile application in 2016. On the business side, the company said it is forecasting nearly $300 million in jet card sales in 2018 and just recorded its most successful quarter in terms of both sales and flying volume in over 10 years.

Link https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...et-card-sales/
Source: Private Jet Card Comparisons
Old May 2, 18, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$300m = 20K > 60K hours

have they set a new record yet, vs prior to financial crisis

Search this Thread