Tried flyvictor.com?

Old Jul 18, 17, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Tried flyvictor.com?

I'm looking for a broker and flyvictor.com keeps coming up in my searches. Has anyone tried them? They have charters and empty legs.
Old Jul 24, 17, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
I have tried Victor...

Was looking into a Teterboro-Martha's Vineyard flight early this summer and it was nice to see the actual operator and tail number in their quotes..
(something brokers often keep this info close to the chest).

When it came time to book which was only two hours later.. (Jet was a CJ2 from flyingexclusive) they ended up not being available after taking my payment.. Bummer.

Plus side, was able to book the flight for less w/ my broker.
Old Jul 24, 17, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

A lot less?
Old Jul 24, 17, 7:44 pm

Programs: QF LTG
I have only had one half of an experience with them and it wasn't very good. They had a HAV-TEB empty leg showing about a week away on a Sunday. I enquired about it and got an email asking if I had any specific timing requests etc, I replied saying I preferred afternoon but I am flexible. They went radio silent and didn't reply to any follow up emails.
Old Jul 25, 17, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by flyertalkrocks View Post
A lot less?
Victor was 7,400 while broker was 6,100. So yes, a lot lower... especially considering the broker booked flight was on a 2013 Phenom 300 which is leaps and bounds better than an old Citation Jet 2.
Old Jul 25, 17, 8:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto View Post
I have only had one half of an experience with them and it wasn't very good. They had a HAV-TEB empty leg showing about a week away on a Sunday. I enquired about it and got an email asking if I had any specific timing requests etc, I replied saying I preferred afternoon but I am flexible. They went radio silent and didn't reply to any follow up emails.
I say it time and time again, if you're looking at flying private... skip the apps.

It's always better to have a real person w/ single point of contact you can call any time.

If we're spending a substantial amount of on a product with so many variables then why go with someone who passes you around to inexperienced customer service people?

When buying a high end car do you just order it on your phone? or do you go to the dealership, sit down and only buy it from someone who gives you a superior level of service and actually LISTENS to what you need.
Old Jul 25, 17, 9:27 am
Original Poster

How can I find one of these great brokers? Do I just get a quote from each one I can find in my area after Googling?
Old Jul 25, 17, 11:46 am

Programs: QF LTG
Where have you ever met a car dealer that actually listens? That's like claiming a stripper actually loves you.
Ryanardo_daVinci likes this.
Old Jul 26, 17, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyertalkrocks View Post
How can I find one of these great brokers? Do I just get a quote from each one I can find in my area after Googling?
Googling would be one option.. but a referral from a friend or colleague who has worked with a good broker is your best bet. Truth is, there are good and bad brokers at most of the big name ones you'd find online. I've found the best brokers are smaller shops who run their own small book of business.

If you'd like to share (privately) where you travel and what you're looking to do I could put you in touch with a few people. I'd prefer to keep my opinions objective on flyertalk rather than publicly promote anyone specifically.
Old Jul 30, 17, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WhyPrivate View Post
I've found the best brokers are smaller shops who run their own small book of business.
always ideal vs giant 'listings'
Old Mar 9, 18, 1:29 pm

Has anyone here actually flown one of their empty legs (sounds like PbodyPhoto didn't quite get there)? They certainly have a large supply on their app, but I'd like to know, without facing their hard sell, if they're for real and if the discount from chartering is really significant.
Old Mar 9, 18, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by millions View Post
Has anyone here actually flown one of their empty legs (sounds like PbodyPhoto didn't quite get there)? They certainly have a large supply on their app, but I'd like to know, without facing their hard sell, if they're for real and if the discount from chartering is really significant.
The technology of Victor is a fun toy when you're trying to figure out how much a trip from _____ to _____ costs.. but once you get past that, they're a typical broker.

You're going to pay the operator price plus a mark-up.

I used them for quotes and comparisons (see above in this thread) and the price was a higher than a broker without the up to the minute updates that I prefer when spending that kind of $ on a charter. I hear they're a lot better in Europe than here in the US where they just hire call-center types to deal with customers.

I have been offered a new membership program that has no mark up from the wholesale price and lets me book direct with the operator. A real broker does the annoying shopping for me and puts together a comprehensive list... i think this is the best product ive seen so far. The guys who started it gave me a test run and say it's launching soon so I agreed to not pass on the name until they give me the green light. It's making brokering obsolete and is very little $ to join.
Old Mar 9, 18, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by WhyPrivate View Post

I have been offered a new membership program that has no mark up from the wholesale price and lets me book direct with the operator. A real broker does the annoying shopping for me and puts together a comprehensive list... i think this is the best product ive seen so far. The guys who started it gave me a test run and say it's launching soon so I agreed to not pass on the name until they give me the green light. It's making brokering obsolete and is very little $ to join.
Sounds like Jettly - If so, they announced it about a month ago -maybe less - but it's public now - I think they call it a Managed Membership - their version of the jet card - or maybe somebody else?
Old Mar 11, 18, 6:41 am
Original Poster

WhyPrivate, is that Jettly? It sounds very interesting.
Old Mar 11, 18, 8:28 am

I have used them once. Booked my flight 24 hours out for a Lear 60, in the middle of the night the operator had an "issue" and had to cancel so they rebooked me on a 25 year old Hawker 1000 that had original interior...

Search this Thread