Wheels Up benefit for Inspirato members

Old Apr 5, 17, 10:23 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Wheels Up benefit for Inspirato members

I posted the below info in the Inspirato forum, but thought it would be useful here as well, given that nature of this subforum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post28132058

As I alluded to before in the Inspirato forum, it is now official: As an Inspirato Member, we now have access to Wheels Up benefits (previously when the partnership was announced, only Wheels Up members received access to Inspirato). The benefits for Inspirato members are as follows:

1. Wheels Up Shuttles: can book seats on scheduled shuttle routes. No limit on the number of times you can book shuttles. (all without purchasing a Wheels Up membership). Shuttle routes consist of NY-DC, NY-Boston, NY-Nantucket, NY-Florida, NY-Stowe, Silicon Valley-Truckee, Boston-Nantucket. And then they constantly add shuttles for various events. Currently, they have NY-Augusta for the Masters, Atlanta-Augusta, LA Phoenix for the Final Four, etc and that changes throughout the year. Samples prices are NY-Nantucket for $550 per seat on the King Air. NY-Boston for $799 per seat on the King Air.

2. Private Charter: Inspirato members can book one round-trip flight or up to two legs at current Wheels Up Member rates . These are on the fleet of King Air 350i and Citation Excel/XLS. Hourly rates, I believe, are $4250/hour on the King Air and $7250 on the Citation. (all without purchasing a Wheels Up Membership). So basically you get to sample the Wheels Up program once without paying the membership fee. You also have access to their flight desk, which gets preferential rates, on longer charters/other aircraft.

3. If you join Wheels Up: Inspirato members who join Wheels Up receive a complimentary flight hour.

All in all, a great addition to the partner benefits as an Inspirato member. I can definitely foresee using the shuttles. I only wish we also had access to their Hot Flights (basically empty legs) which are $295 for the entire plane.

Any further questions, feel free to PM me. And stay tuned - we'll be headed back to Cabo in a few weeks staying in one if the Inspirato residences which we previously stayed in and for which I posted trip reports here. I'll update that trip report once we return.
Old Apr 5, 17, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

any type of inspirato member, or certain type?

wheels up can also book some inspirato without joining

interesting not more discussion of wheels up here
curious re DC-NY-XX shuttle schedules
Old Apr 5, 17, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
any type of inspirato member, or certain type?

wheels up can also book some inspirato without joining

interesting not more discussion of wheels up here
curious re DC-NY-XX shuttle schedules
Correct - WheelsUp members received benefits to Inspirato when they first announced the partnership back in November. Inspirato members didn't receive any benefits until now.

Believe it is for all members of Inspirato, regardless of membership level. I did not read about any restrictions based on membership level.

The shuttles are on certain days of the week, depending on which city pair. Not every day. For example, NY-Nantucket is Thursday or Friday departure to Nantucket. Return is only on Sundays.
Old Apr 5, 17, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Thanks Ray,

This is great news, as the wheels up membership is VERY expensive in my opinion. Though i'd like to sample the aircraft.

Sure, the King Air 350 is nice and new... but 4250/hr with 2 hour minimums mean less than 2 hour trips on this airplane are much more than if using a broker and sourcing a light or even midsize jet.
Old Apr 5, 17, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WhyPrivate View Post
Thanks Ray,

This is great news, as the wheels up membership is VERY expensive in my opinion. Though i'd like to sample the aircraft.

Sure, the King Air 350 is nice and new... but 4250/hr with 2 hour minimums mean less than 2 hour trips on this airplane are much more than if using a broker and sourcing a light or even midsize jet.
The King Air is actually a great plane - surprising for a prop. Inside you really don't feel the difference vs. a light jet.

I believe the minimum is only 1 hour. That's what they told me a little while ago when I met with them. And their FAQ on their site state "...We do not require or charge a daily minimum, though we do have a one-hour minimum per flight segment. "

I'd love to chat more based on your research. I've tried to get quotes from brokers for short hop segments (i.e. Teterboro to Cleveland, for example) and it is usually slightly more expensive than what Wheels Up would charge for the segment in a King Air.
Old Apr 5, 17, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
1 hour minimum is perfectly reasonable. I wasn't aware of that. Happy to chat more, just new to the forum so don't know how to navigate it fully. Message me if you'd like.

Agreed on the King Air.. there are several different versions out there and some are much nicer than others.. depends on the owner upkeep. The wheels up planes are new so i'm sure they're as close to 10/10 as a King Air can be. You're paying for that though.

With regards to the King Air vs. Jet argument.. I have no issue, but have many people who I fly with (including family members) who won't fly in ANY prop. Unsubstantiated fear, but a fear none the less.
Old Apr 5, 17, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

curious re lowest hourly rates.. (always priced as double / round trip?)

i recall oberoi hotels' king air in india ran $1K/hr with cheap overnights etc
Old Apr 7, 17, 9:27 am
Suspended

Kagehitokiri - 1k sounds too low. Though I've never flown in India. Even smaller piston planes often cost more than that.

Some companies like sentient www.sentientjet.com or luxury http://www.luxuryaircraftsolutions.comonly charge for occupied time.

A broker will offer a round trip cost option where you have the ideal plane, but you're paying for it to get home... and hopefully a one-way option where you're getting a discount on the plane going to where it's already going, and you don't have to pay for it to get home.
Old Apr 7, 17, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there are current charters in US for less than $1k an hour, presumably not round trip
edit - im not referring to the planes being discussed here, referring to extremely tiny

oberoi published it years ago. not round trip, published minimums and waiting/overnight fees.

seem to recall jets start same as wheels up at $4K (round trip) ?

Originally Posted by WhyPrivate View Post
jetlinx seems to be advertising lower for 25 hours a year (a change?)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 7, 17 at 11:38 pm
Old Apr 7, 17, 12:53 pm
Suspended

I don't know of any turboprop aircraft (king air/pilatus etc.) that are 1k/hr. Can you please share who might be offering that impossible rate?
Old Aug 18, 18, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Just a quick update to the Wheels Up perks for Inspirato members:

First off, Inspirato Key & Family members who join Wheels Up by paying the $17,500 initiation for Individual/Family membership now receive $7,500 in flight credits upon joining. The previous benefit was a free King Air hour ($4,495 currently).

The other change is that there is an added benefit for new Inspirato Executive members who join or upgrade to Executive after 8/1/2018. New Executive Members will receive a complimentary 6-month Wheels Up Individual/Family Membership. You have 1 year (from date of Executive membership) to activate the 6-month trial. Executive Members that purchase a Wheels Up Fund Program ($50k, $100k, $200k or $400k) during their complimentary term will receive a 6-month membership extension. At the end of the complimentary term, Executive Members have the option to become a regular Wheels Up member by paying Wheels Up annual dues ($8,500 as of now) within 30 days. So, if you decide to join within the 6 or 12 month trial, you can join for just the $8,500 annual dues without paying the $17,500 initiation fee. This is more in line with the Inspirato perk for Wheels Up members, where Wheels Up members get a complimentary 1-year Inspirato Key membership, and then they just pay the annual dues without the initiation fee if they decide to stick with it after the 1-year trial.

Here's the link to the Inspirato membership comparison chart which details the Wheels Up perk for Executive members: https://cms.inspirato.com/media/9408...-wheels-up.pdf

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Last edited by nddomer04; Aug 18, 18 at 4:43 pm

Search this Thread