Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
If you're thinking about signing up today though, the Signature membership is the one you want. That gives you more serious discounts, as well as free (nearly free) empty legs.

Honestly I wish they'd just focus on the empty leg deals and the folks already doing shared charter operations; I'd easily pay $5K a year for 3-4 empty leg operators and a discount on ad-hoc purchases of JetSuiteX, AdvancedAir, and maybe SurfAir. They seem pretty focused on this 'crowdfunding' idea though -- and from what I can tell, with three decimal points of precision: 0.000% of the crowdfunded flights actually fly.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: American Airlines, JetSmarter
Originally Posted by dordal
If you're thinking about signing up today though, the Signature membership is the one you want. That gives you more serious discounts, as well as free (nearly free) empty legs.

Honestly I wish they'd just focus on the empty leg deals and the folks already doing shared charter operations; I'd easily pay $5K a year for 3-4 empty leg operators and a discount on ad-hoc purchases of JetSuiteX, AdvancedAir, and maybe SurfAir. They seem pretty focused on this 'crowdfunding' idea though -- and from what I can tell, with three decimal points of precision: 0.000% of the crowdfunded flights actually fly.
you nailed it. i'm sure someone from corporate is reading this and if they're smart they'll take these comments and suggestions seriously.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:23 pm

CNBC Investigates JetSmarter.

Looks like Must See TV!!!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by millions
CNBC Investigates JetSmarter.

Looks like Must See TV!!!
Just saw that too, shall be interesting. I bet the execs are really dreading and worried about what CNBC says.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:59 pm

CNBC SPECIAL REPORT on JetSmarter Insanity

Tomorrow. Anyone know what time?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:49 am
Suspended

Link to CNBC report

The news:

No safety checks on the diverted flight where the guy went bezerk

JetSmarter had told investors by 2020 they would have $2 billion in revenues and 100,000 members. Currently says 8,000

They might be under investigation by the FBI but JetSmarter denies this

Flights were used by mules to transport cash and drugs

JetSmarter's response was that their new business model is "upgrading" the profile of their passengers

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/jets...twitter%7Cmain
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Nicoolio
The news:

No safety checks on the diverted flight where the guy went bezerk

JetSmarter had told investors by 2020 they would have $2 billion in revenues and 100,000 members. Currently says 8,000

They might be under investigation by the FBI but JetSmarter denies this

Flights were used by mules to transport cash and drugs

JetSmarter's response was that their new business model is "upgrading" the profile of their passengers

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/jets...twitter%7Cmain
Beyond the hard news, you now have a major outlet throwing around words like “Ponzi scheme” and “bait and switch” which is catastrophic for a company that relies so heavily on image
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by dval44

Beyond the hard news, you now have a major outlet throwing around words like “Ponzi scheme” and “bait and switch” which is catastrophic for a company that relies so heavily on image
Yup, the hammer is coming down soon. Man that article went into depth, wait until the tonight's TV show...
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by mwood20
Yup, the hammer is coming down soon. Man that article went into depth, wait until the tonight's TV show...
The video is included in the link. Not too much more in it.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by millions
The video is included in the link. Not too much more in it.
Oh my bad I just read the whole article.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:38 pm

Oh look, a timely press release about some meaningless garbage issued in an attempt to drive massive negative coverage down search result pages and Twitter feeds.

At least there is one thing you can always count on with this company.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
The line about security in that makes me laugh. I never had any security/bag checks/etc. I could have walked on with god knows what....
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
The line about security in that makes me laugh. I never had any security/bag checks/etc. I could have walked on with god knows what....
I'm not sure exactly which line you are talking back, but they definitely did light security at certain locations. At HPN, they would always take the bags to a separate area and have a K9 sniff around.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
I'm not sure exactly which line you are talking back, but they definitely did light security at certain locations. At HPN, they would always take the bags to a separate area and have a K9 sniff around.
There was a section on security and safety concerns, about passengers bringing drugs and cash onboard. JetSmarter's reply was discussed outlining how stringent their security is including background checks on most people before they fly. My (admittedly limited) experience taking empty legs, did not include any visible security at all. Flying out of MSP I was welcomed, waited while the plane was readied, and they checked my drivers license against the manifest, and i got on board. No one checked/screened me or my bag.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:47 pm
Suspended

There was a section on security and safety concerns, about passengers bringing drugs and cash onboard. JetSmarter's reply was discussed outlining how stringent their security is including background checks on most people before they fly. My (admittedly limited) experience taking empty legs, did not include any visible security at all. Flying out of MSP I was welcomed, waited while the plane was readied, and they checked my drivers license against the manifest, and i got on board. No one checked/screened me or my bag.
This is from the Private Jet Card Comparisons article that summarized the CNBC piece

A pilot who formerly flew for one of the operators JetSmarter used (JetSmarter is a broker and doesn’t actually operate its flights) tells Private Jet Card Comparisons lack of on the ground screening as detailed on the company’s website was commonplace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.