Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mwood20
They still have members?
Damnit you beat me to it!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:46 am

I saw this article earlier today...another lawsuit brewing. Crazy they're seeking $3.4M. Pretty bad odds they bought a sophisticated right before the devaluation.

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...t-3-4-million/
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by mwood20
I saw this article earlier today...another lawsuit brewing. Crazy they're seeking $3.4M. Pretty bad odds they bought a sophisticated right before the devaluation.

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...t-3-4-million/
It was linked to in the litigation thread. It’s also at least the seventh (not sixth) suit filed since August. One each in NY, CA, and WI, and two in Florida and New Jersey.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by millions

It was linked to in the litigation thread. It’s also at least the seventh (not sixth) suit filed since August. One each in NY, CA, and WI, and two in Florida and New Jersey.
I remember reading an article a couple years ago where the author predicted Jetsmarter would soon end in a mess of lawsuits.
But it seemed like they were on the right track and I almost bought the membership earlier this year.
Geez its really rard to believe how fast this company has gone from Castle to Outhouse. Didnt they get like a quarter billion in multiple rounds of funding? Where did that cash go?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Richierich92279
I remember reading an article a couple years ago where the author predicted Jetsmarter would soon end in a mess of lawsuits.
But it seemed like they were on the right track and I almost bought the membership earlier this year.
Geez its really rard to believe how fast this company has gone from Castle to Outhouse. Didnt they get like a quarter billion in multiple rounds of funding? Where did that cash go?
All those $50k trans cons we were using with the token system lol. We all knew it wasn't sustainable doing that, they were BURNING cash.
dval44 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:29 pm

Just to further scream into the meaningless void, the app is beyond useless now.

Even if you wanted to pay the ~$3k for a shuttle seat, which I would, you cannot reasonably browse options:

- the app shows tons of routes, but virtually none of them have a single shuttle being offered with the red underline

- of the few red-underlined shuttles that show, most of them are “crowdsourced” shuttles with 1 seat out of 9 filled. So virtually certain not to fly.

- the non-underlined numbers are 100% meaningless as they just show you the per-seat price, which is then multiplied by some minimum seat count that you can’t see until you click in

I suppose this thing is completely doomed. Even those who are members, who have lost their money on broken promises, cannot reasonably book seats without chartering out a plane for $30k.

Just waiting for the insolvency announcement at this point
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: American Airlines, JetSmarter
Today’s Gimmick #1

This Thanksgiving, we asked ourselves the question: Why limit giving to just one day?

Starting today through November 18th, we are gifting you $5,000 in Creation Credit. Your credits are live in your account now, so all you have to do is create flights.

Here’s how to create a Crowdfunded flight:
  1. Choose your route
  2. Pick your departure date — Create a flight between now until February 2019
  3. Tap Create Your Own Flight
  4. Select your desired seats — Choose between purchasing the minimum seat requirement and confirm the flight, or only pick the number of seats you need and crowdfund the rest
  5. Choose your airport and departure time — Pick the departure and arrival airports that are most convenient to you and the departure time that best fits your schedule
  6. Apply Creation Credit — Use up to 25% of your credit towards the cost of the first seat on a Crowdfunded flight
  7. Purchase flight — Save an average of $750 per flight with member pricing
Should you find an existing Crowdfunded flight that fits your schedule, you may utilize up to 10% of your Creation Credit towards the purchase of a seat.

Take advantage of this limited-time offer and create your flight today.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: American Airlines, JetSmarter
Today’s Gimmick #2

Individual

Limited to the first 200 new members
  • Save up to $250/hour, per seat on shared private flights over non-members
  • Priority flight availability over non-members
  • Book unlimited seats for a fraction of a typical charter
  • Create on-demand shared and private flights across the globe
  • Access to empty leg deals
  • 24/7 concierge service, and luxury partner benefits
Fly 10 hours per year, and the membership could pay for itself. Take advantage of our Black Friday deal today.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by arthckr
Apply Creation Credit — Use up to 25% of your credit towards the cost of the first seat on a Crowdfunded flight.
This would be amazing if it was actually true. 25% of $5000 is $1250. I just went to try and initiate a TEB-IAD shuttle which is listed as $995 to initiate. The app says I can only use $248 of my credit towards that flight. They need to learn how to accurately explain the use of the credits.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:33 pm

They mean 25% of the cost to initiate not 25% of what they’re giving you. While there is no question they are thieves and crooks in this case they are correct.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by EricSM
They mean 25% of the cost to initiate not 25% of what they’re giving you. While there is no question they are thieves and crooks in this case they are correct.
No, they are not correct. As the OP notes, their grammar is off. What they wrote is:

Use up to 25% of your credit towards the cost of the first seat on a Crowdfunded flight.
This crude syntax states that one's use of credit is limited only by the amount in one's account, i.e, he may use only 25% of his accumulated credits per seat. What JetSmarter apparently meant was that one may use any or all of his credits, except that he is limited to using only up to 25% of the cost such seat.

So what they should have written is:

Use your credit towards up to 25% of the cost of the first seat on a Crowdfunded flight.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:47 pm

I am sure they worded it in the most confusing way they could think of to scam as many people as possible.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by EricSM
I am sure they worded it in the most confusing way they could think of to scam as many people as possible.
it isn't written in a confusing way at all. It is simply written incorrectly and deceptively.
dval44 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
Is JetEdge still partnered with JS? At a glance, I don't see any shuttles operated by JetEdge / Western Air Charter. Wonder what happened to the "branded" G-IVs?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:35 pm

I've been trying to get my money back since July and there has been no sucess. This is crazy. This was the years biggest bait and switch. I actually spoke with the head of customer service Ashleigh about this entire mess. She was nice but very direct and said she was unable to refund my money due to the membership agreement however, she was able to work out a fair deal for me. I called to speak with her two weeks ago and sad to say but she has quit she has left the company. I liked her, she was the only reliable trustworthy person in that place. Now, they are not giving me my money back or the deal. I'm done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.