Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:46 am

Things afoot

they are issuing releases because there are larger things afoot due to their less than honest business dealings. This is their only way to deal with what is coming down the pike since we all know they are not in a mindset to apologize and “come clean” just not their culture
Hoping Karna does it’s thing to these people
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:01 am

Probably still has some form of ownership stake.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by Jshater
they are issuing releases because there are larger things afoot due to their less than honest business dealings. This is their only way to deal with what is coming down the pike since we all know they are not in a mindset to apologize and “come clean” just not their culture
Hoping Karna does it’s thing to these people
That's their standard practice--whenever they get bad press, they issue a press release then do interviews with friendly publications to try to drown out the bad news. This is the 3rd or 4th time I've observed this routine.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by waspypants
Probably still has some form of ownership stake.
Would be shocking if his shares vested in 5 days he worked for them, though I wouldn't be surprised...
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dval44
Would be shocking if his shares vested in 5 days he worked for them, though I wouldn't be surprised...
Is JetSmarter any good for actual charter flights? Not looking to share. Do I need to join or will they quote me like a regular broker would?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:20 am

They will take your money and promise you anything
whu woukd anyone even consider using them after reading the posts ?
Unless this was played by a JS plant
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:20 pm

No. People on this site indicate JS charter quotes are 20% higher than market (broker or direct with operator).
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by Mike Azzarello
No. People on this site indicate JS charter quotes are 20% higher than market (broker or direct with operator).
except when they aren't. I'm a JS member and not a very happy one at that but I did need a charter in Europe and JS beat every other quote I got elsewhere.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:45 am

I have spoken with someone who sent them a lawyers letter threatening a lawsuit/arbitration claim. JS did nothing until the claim was filed and then quickly refunded their membership fee with a confidentiality agreement. It appears that is the simplest way to get relief.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:52 pm

Possible action after getting duped?

Thanks for your comments Had a simple membership for 5k where I was able to enjoy flights to bos and IAD from teb often. Even to Chicago and Atlanta. Now those all cost thousands of dollars.

What practical action can I take to get refunded or compensated per the above?

Thanks for your help in advance. .!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto

except when they aren't. I'm a JS member and not a very happy one at that but I did need a charter in Europe and JS beat every other quote I got elsewhere.

1. You can search charters without becoming a member. The instant quotes are quite convenient.

2. Most charters are 20% higher than charters from a broker

3. The instant quotes on XOJet supermids seem to be exactly what XO charges directly. They also seem to offer those at good value close-in (depending on the city pair, of course).

4. Sometimes you can find a good deal for sure, but the pain is not knowing or trusting, and having to double check their work.

Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG/MAR Plat; National Emerald Exec
Im in the same boat as you. Any luck?

Originally Posted by Eywi777
Thanks for your comments Had a simple membership for 5k where I was able to enjoy flights to bos and IAD from teb often. Even to Chicago and Atlanta. Now those all cost thousands of dollars.

What practical action can I take to get refunded or compensated per the above?

Thanks for your help in advance. .!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:53 pm

Is it just me or did shuttles take a nosedive recently?

I’m on the most recent membership, and showing far fewer shuttles. The ones that do show appear way more expensive than usual. Examples:

Moscow <—-> London, 0 shuttles through end of schedule

Chicago —> NYC, only 2 for the entire month of Sept.

Aspen <—> Colorado, all $1k now, used to be ~$450

I could be wrong but most seats appear to be about double what they were last time I checked, and frequencies seem to be way down on most routes. Am I crazy?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:43 am

They are creating far fewer company shuttles and instead relying on members to pay to create their own shuttles to establish inventory. In addition they are slowing beginning to creep up prices to make more money. Again, it is a constantly evolving model for them so who knows what it’s gking to look like next week?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:56 pm

Reply and No Surprise

Why the surprise? They have no intention of honoring their deal
I have tests and emails that spell out the terms of my renewal for 2018. They laugh in my face when I ask for a refund
they won’t have the last laugh wait and see

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.