Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:30 am

I won't be renewing my SIMPLE membership (it no longer exists) unless I am able to have the current SMART membership (free shuttles under 3 hours etc).

JS is clearly moving towards a "private aviation" airline model which has been tried many times (and failed). Unless they are VERY competitive with their pricing, I just can't see people paying $7k a year for the "privilege" of paying J/F prices... especially if they have to squeeze into a tiny jet like a Pilatus or something similar.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:49 pm

Does anyone have details on the new "JetSmarter Membership" that will be the only membership going forward? They said most empty legs wont' be free with that membership? Hm?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
I believe empty legs still will be free. I'm just not sure how much longer the empty leg program will be around...
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by dordal
I believe empty legs still will be free. I'm just not sure how much longer the empty leg program will be around...
The CEO doesn’t inspire empty leg confidence in this exchange:

Does that mean that JetShuttles under three hours will still be free with this newer, lower membership as they had been?

Petrossov: No, nothing (will be) free except some empty leg seats here and there. So no shuttles free.

Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by dval44

The CEO doesn’t inspire empty leg confidence in this exchange:

Does that mean that JetShuttles under three hours will still be free with this newer, lower membership as they had been?

Petrossov: No, nothing (will be) free except some empty leg seats here and there. So no shuttles free.

Without the TMC Hawker 800XP inventory of empty legs, do we now just have XO on the Citation X and Challenger 300 and the TMC 400XP for paid empties? Or are they adding new operators?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:25 pm

I'm up for renewal again on the smart membership grandfathered in rate. They want me to switch over to the one token system for trans cons but that might be a deal breaker for me, I really don't like that model.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Just saw this --

- Free shuttles going away for new members
- No more SMART memberships
- Now $4,950 annual + $3,000 initiation - sounds like the old SIMPLE membership however, pay for all shuttles
- Dynamic pricing - but higher than what current SMART members pay for flights
- Current website pricing not reflective of new pricing for this new membership level
- Unsure what's happening with Sophisticated membership - not a very clear answer

PJCC: Looking at New York to Miami on your website, it shows as free for Shuttle flights. Does that mean that JetShuttles under three hours will still be free with this newer, lower membership as they had been?

"Petrossov: No, nothing (will be) free except some empty leg seats here and there. So no shuttles free."

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...ers/#more-9414
I don't think this is accurate.

Sergey Petrosov: We are lowering the fee of entry for new members to democratize the access point even more. Annual membership is now $4,950 plus a $3,000 initiation fee. These new members will pay more per seat than (existing) SMART members do now. The plan is to open up access to more people that fly even a few times per year versus more frequent fliers that are joining today with SMART membership for $15,000. Existing SMART members are not affected by this and keep their old membership with better pricing and perks.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by mwood20

Sergey Petrosov: We are lowering the fee of entry for new members to democratize the access point even more. Annual membership is now $4,950 plus a $3,000 initiation fee. These new members will pay more per seat than (existing) SMART members do now. The plan is to open up access to more people that fly even a few times per year versus more frequent fliers that are joining today with SMART membership for $15,000. Existing SMART members are not affected by this and keep their old membership with better pricing and perks.
You don't think which part is accurate? It seems true that JS is no longer offering "Smart" memberships, and have just gone to a catch-all "JetSmarter" membership, while still offering the higher-end "Sophisticated" membership. Did you receive the email from Sergey a while back (March 23)? In it, he wrote, "As a founding member, this will not affect your membership in any way - you can either keep your membership as it stands, or transition to the new plan at renewal. The choice is yours." So, did your membership rep offer you the choice of moving to the new membership (presumably at $4,950), or explain the differences to you?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by millions
You don't think which part is accurate? It seems true that JS is no longer offering "Smart" memberships, and have just gone to a catch-all "JetSmarter" membership, while still offering the higher-end "Sophisticated" membership. Did you receive the email from Sergey a while back (March 23)? In it, he wrote, "As a founding member, this will not affect your membership in any way - you can either keep your membership as it stands, or transition to the new plan at renewal. The choice is yours." So, did your membership rep offer you the choice of moving to the new membership (presumably at $4,950), or explain the differences to you?
You have a SMART right, when is your renewal? They offered me the grandfathered in SMART membership rate but just the change to the one token + dynamic pricing on trans cons. For some reason, I didn't get that email from Sergey.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:43 pm

There have been lots of changes in the past year: a) VIP Shuttles, b) crowdsourced flights, c) dynamic pricing differences, d) service providers & availability of empty legs, e) JetSuiteX, and f) some route additions/deletions/shuttle-frequency changes. Now, a different membership model.

I'm not sure how to interpret these. Presumably, they have been made because they are good for the company and make it more likely that members will initiate more shuttles and shared charters - which should be good for nearly everyone. Overall, are these changes good for typical members? How will these changes impact the types of members who join, renew, and fail-to-renew?

Last edited by luvtoflydal; Apr 4, 2018 at 6:44 pm Reason: punctuation
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by luvtoflydal
How will these changes impact the types of members who join, renew, and fail-to-renew?
I'm New York based and have a very flexible schedule. I am only a member for empty legs so there is no way I will renew based on the much more limited availability lately. I hate Florida, LA, and Chicago so no point having a membership just for shuttles
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Jetsmarter brings little value

Originally Posted by mwood20

Not sure why anyone would use Jetsmarter, they are simply a broker with higher than average fees, plus the membership dues.
My favorite aircrfaft to charter is a Falcon 900EX, and i always use my trusted broker over some smartphone app to get from A-B.

I almost went for the Wheels up/Wheels Down program, but they have a limited fleet with just the King Air 350 and the Excel, In the busy summerd and winter months, my charter broker always has good deals, I find it's the best way to utilize the busy charter market to your favor,
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Falcon900
Not sure why anyone would use Jetsmarter, they are simply a broker with higher than average fees, plus the membership dues.
My favorite aircrfaft to charter is a Falcon 900EX, and i always use my trusted broker over some smartphone app to get from A-B.

I almost went for the Wheels up/Wheels Down program, but they have a limited fleet with just the King Air 350 and the Excel, In the busy summerd and winter months, my charter broker always has good deals, I find it's the best way to utilize the busy charter market to your favor,
Just out of curiosity, can you share any examples of past charters you've considered good deals? I find myself considering charters more and more but have trouble benchmarking what a good deal is vs. a bad one. There are just so many additional variables (plane type / # of seats, speed, flight distance, etc.) and much less public information, compared to buying commercial tickets.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Spotting a Good Deal w/ Charters

Originally Posted by troyb
Just out of curiosity, can you share any examples of past charters you've considered good deals? I find myself considering charters more and more but have trouble benchmarking what a good deal is vs. a bad one. There are just so many additional variables (plane type / # of seats, speed, flight distance, etc.) and much less public information, compared to buying commercial tickets.
*Easiest way for me to spot a good charter deal is by simply looking at flight time and aircraft class/catagory coupled with price. This can be done with either a one-way or a roundtrip flight.

For example, i once chartered a Bombardier 'Global Express' for $13,000 from Miami Opa-Locka to Teterboro, NJ
It was a last minute deal my broker found for me (same day trip when i was stuck at the airport) If you are familair with Bombardier, the Global is a 13 pax machine, and throughly appointed withall the amenities.

Flight time on that trip roughly 2 1/2 hrs if the crew is on top of things, and the aircraft catagory is Ultra Long Range. So, i ponied up a swift $13,000 with tax included! Comes to 5,200 an hour for once of the largest PJ's around

Fly empty legs with a broker, and you will sleep well at night!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Falcon900

Fly empty legs with a broker, and you will sleep well at night!
How's your experience with empty legs? -- The people i know who 'buy' them tell me the cancel about half the time so you need to have flexibility.
Falcon900 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.