Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by mwood20
I've been watching that one from Boston lol. There's still 9 seats left. Btw since when is a G4 15 seats? Think the dynamic pricing will go down anytime soon? Haha
I was just about to post about the dynamic pricing. Looks like the flight from L.A. has dropped to $2,600 from $4,100. I mogghbe a taker at around $1,600. And I'd also be pretty pissed off if I bought in at $4,100 only to have them fill the seat across with me for whatever they can get.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
The funny thing about their dynamic pricing is that they're doing it backwards. They should be starting low and increasing rates... if they did that consistently, it would encourage people to book early, which would fill up the plane. As it is, you're encouraged to wait, by which time you may have decided to make other plans.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by millions

I was just about to post about the dynamic pricing. Looks like the flight from L.A. has dropped to $2,600 from $4,100. I mogghbe a taker at around $1,600. And I'd also be pretty pissed off if I bought in at $4,100 only to have them fill the seat across with me for whatever they can get.
Becoming like an airline
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:57 am

This.

I remeber the day they introduced the Sophisticated tier. The lady walked into the FBO sand said, “now we are doing priority boarding” and took the Sophisticated member to the plane.

Huge eye roll. Now you’re an airline that just flies 12-seat planes.

Originally Posted by luvtoflydal
Becoming like an airline
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by dordal
The funny thing about their dynamic pricing is that they're doing it backwards. They should be starting low and increasing rates... if they did that consistently, it would encourage people to book early, which would fill up the plane. As it is, you're encouraged to wait, by which time you may have decided to make other plans.
I couldn't agree more.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:06 am

The Boston one just dropped to $1500 a seat lol. I think they're still going to take a bath since its only two days away. Funny, you would think there would be serious demand on that route with the Pats in the superbowl (again). Although it really doesn't help that it doesn't leave from Boston, it's a 45 mins north.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:48 pm

The Boston one just dropped to $1500 a seat lol. I think they're still going to take a bath since its only two days away. Funny, you would think there would be serious demand on that route with the Pats in the superbowl (again). Although it really doesn't help that it doesn't leave from Boston, it's a 45 mins north.
Interesting pattern: Flight from Boston to St. Paul tomorrow has 8 empty seats and a precise price of $1,605. The return flight on Monday has only three empty seats and a price of $2,105. I wonder if there is an underlying rounded price of $1,500 & $2,000 with a $105 charge for food & beverage or something else.

Does anyone know if there are many JS members in Boston area? The other routes to/from the SB are either sold out or have fewer seats available. Despite the Patriots playing, Boston demand is relatively light.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:09 am

Flying private with JetSmarter. Is it worth it? Any recommendations?

My friend recommended me to get a JetSmarter membership for my international and domestic travel. I'm a regular traveler, but I don't know whether the service will be worth it? Is it actually that luxurious? Are there any other services to look for? What do you recommend?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
It's fantastic if you regularly travel the scheduled short-haul routes that they serve (e.g. SF-LA, NY-FL, etc.). You get a seat on a jet for free, and there's a considerable number of flights, esp on NY-FL.

It's semi-fantastic if you regularly travel the longer-haul routes (e.g. LA-NYC, NYC-LON); you'll pay a per-seat price that's roughly equivalent to a discount F ticket, but experience generally better, more comfortable service, just with a more limited schedule. (Of course, you're paying the $15K/year to get that, so you have to take that into account).

It's terrible if you don't travel any of their shuttle routes. Nominally you can charter your own planes through them, but from what I've heard you can get better deals through traditional brokers.. and you don't have to pay the $15K membership fee.

They used to have a healthy empty leg program, which was great for last-minute travel. That's nearly dead at this point... XOJet and TMC are the only remaining US operators, and both only list a fraction of their actual empty leg flights (e.g. if you compare what's listed in the app to what's you can see flying on FlightAware.com ). I'm not 100% clear on why, but I think they had too many problems with JS customers, unfortunately.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
I've been watching that one from Boston lol. There's still 9 seats left. Btw since when is a G4 15 seats? Think the dynamic pricing will go down anytime soon? Haha
GIVs range from 12-16 seats.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by sivirfox
My friend recommended me to get a JetSmarter membership for my international and domestic travel. I'm a regular traveler, but I don't know whether the service will be worth it? Is it actually that luxurious? Are there any other services to look for? What do you recommend?
Do you fly alone on specific routes? If so, it might be worth it.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dordal
It's fantastic if you regularly travel the scheduled short-haul routes that they serve (e.g. SF-LA, NY-FL, etc.). You get a seat on a jet for free, and there's a considerable number of flights, esp on NY-FL.

It's semi-fantastic if you regularly travel the longer-haul routes (e.g. LA-NYC, NYC-LON); you'll pay a per-seat price that's roughly equivalent to a discount F ticket, but experience generally better, more comfortable service, just with a more limited schedule. (Of course, you're paying the $15K/year to get that, so you have to take that into account).

It's terrible if you don't travel any of their shuttle routes. Nominally you can charter your own planes through them, but from what I've heard you can get better deals through traditional brokers.. and you don't have to pay the $15K membership fee.

They used to have a healthy empty leg program, which was great for last-minute travel. That's nearly dead at this point... XOJet and TMC are the only remaining US operators, and both only list a fraction of their actual empty leg flights (e.g. if you compare what's listed in the app to what's you can see flying on FlightAware.com ). I'm not 100% clear on why, but I think they had too many problems with JS customers, unfortunately.
This is a wonderful analysis of Jetsmarter. It's really just a shuttle service for the 15k/year. I think if you can utilize the shuttles, you're a winner. If not, stick to 1st class and charter through a trusted broker who isn't going to rip you off.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:51 pm
Suspended

I remember when I joined a couple of years ago, JS said all of its shuttles either had wifi or would soon be getting it. Another lie, of course. They've made no effort to get wifi on the Advanced Air King Air 350s they use on the West Coast Shuttles.

These shuttles are just an awful experience 4 times out 5, when they are full. Since they're obviously the great majority of hours logged on these planes, I suspect they'd be able to convince Advanced to change the seating configuration to eliminate the knee-to-knee-with-a-stranger aspect as below. With that change and addition of working wi-fi, the experience would be a hundred times more pleasurable.

I agree that this seating configuration would be better for JS commuters, but think about the charter customer? If i'm booking a King Air for my group I would never take this configuration.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by WhyPrivate
I agree that this seating configuration would be better for JS commuters, but think about the charter customer? If i'm booking a King Air for my group I would never take this configuration.
Those Advanced Air King Air 350s flying between SF-LA-Vegas-Scottsdale, and seasonally Tahoe are working almost, if not 100% for JetSmarter. If/when the JetSmarter gravy train ends, they can change the seating configuration back, but for now there are few if any other charters to worry about. JS is the golden goose.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
I next transcon is JetBlue Mint... I didn't renew. I'm tired of the BS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.