Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
I've been on the fence about joining for a while (short version: I was ready to pull the trigger when Delta Private Jets signed on as an empty leg provider - but didn't like the vibe I got from a sales rep) and was targeted for the million mile 90 day Simple promotion. I must say, I've been exceedingly happy so far. I've been on a handful of empty leg flights using a variety of aircraft and one Gulfstream shuttle. I don't see myself getting much use out of the shuttles since since none operate from my immediate area, but I could see them being very handy for those who live in a major city. The "sharing" experience on the shuttle was a little odd - it's strange being paired face-to-face with somebody you don't know for a few hours, and I'm not the type to chat on planes.

I know some existing members aren't thrilled about this promo, but I believe this is a smart move by JetSmarter that will ultimately convert trial users into paying members. This is a service that most people must try to determine if it's right for them, and offering it to those with top tier airline status seems like the perfect group to target. They're reaching out to people who are generally able to afford their services plus have enough points and miles to get themselves home from JetDeal flights.

At this point, I'm really not sure what to do when the trial expires. Like another poster pointed out, the $5k Simple membership seems to suit my needs very well and is an incredible value - but I'd hate to be locked into a year-long contract if the operators or terms changed. Along those lines, do any members know if Jet Linx is gone as an empty leg provider? I haven't seen one of their flights pop up in a very long time. Delta Private Jets seems to be gone as well?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TVCMH
I've been on the fence about joining for a while (short version: I was ready to pull the trigger when Delta Private Jets signed on as an empty leg provider - but didn't like the vibe I got from a sales rep) and was targeted for the million mile 90 day Simple promotion. I must say, I've been exceedingly happy so far. I've been on a handful of empty leg flights using a variety of aircraft and one Gulfstream shuttle. I don't see myself getting much use out of the shuttles since since none operate from my immediate area, but I could see them being very handy for those who live in a major city. The "sharing" experience on the shuttle was a little odd - it's strange being paired face-to-face with somebody you don't know for a few hours, and I'm not the type to chat on planes.

I know some existing members aren't thrilled about this promo, but I believe this is a smart move by JetSmarter that will ultimately convert trial users into paying members. This is a service that most people must try to determine if it's right for them, and offering it to those with top tier airline status seems like the perfect group to target. They're reaching out to people who are generally able to afford their services plus have enough points and miles to get themselves home from JetDeal flights.

At this point, I'm really not sure what to do when the trial expires. Like another poster pointed out, the $5k Simple membership seems to suit my needs very well and is an incredible value - but I'd hate to be locked into a year-long contract if the operators or terms changed. Along those lines, do any members know if Jet Linx is gone as an empty leg provider? I haven't seen one of their flights pop up in a very long time. Delta Private Jets seems to be gone as well?
Jet Linx is no longer providing empty legs for JetSmarter
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Jet Linx is no longer providing empty legs for JetSmarter
Any news for GlobeAir and Air Hamburg ? Europeans jet deals provider ? We only have blink flights for the moment..
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by freq.flyer
Any news for GlobeAir and Air Hamburg ? Europeans jet deals provider ? We only have blink flights for the moment..
Anyone wonder why JetLinx, Air Hamburg and Globeair aren't performing flights fro JS anymore......!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by haszaj
Anyone wonder why JetLinx, Air Hamburg and Globeair aren't performing flights fro JS anymore......!
And Delta Private Jets. Don't forget them too. All dropped JS/were dropped.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:25 am

They are probably cutting all major expenses, including expensive air hamburg / DPJ / JetLynx empties + Shuttles flights.

I'm using a lot the London to Paris shuttle, almost always full and now they've reduced this shuttle from 3 return flights a week to 2.. (When I became a member, only SMART members had access to shuttles flights, now everyone can book one. Makes a huge difference) - 33% less availability and more demand on this route. Same for the London to Ibiza/Nice shuttle

+ The London to Moscow shuttle is now once every two weeks instead of once every week (= 50% less availability for members)

+ The London to Dubai shuttle is gone (It was an amazing one)

+ The London to Istanbul shuttle is gone as well

+ All turkey shuttles are down

+ Paris to Milan & Geneva shuttles are only on request now (min 1400$ to initiate a shuttle)

I'm really not happy with the way that things are going in Europe with JetSmarter, they've added tons of news free members for summer and now they're cutting all of their fees.. I don't understand the logic in this. Membership benefits should go from low to high and not the opposite.

Meanwhile a friend of mine got an email to activate his membership with nice facts about Jetsmarter

Is it Peace of mind you need?
If so here are some of the facts about who we are:

• Founded 2012
• 10,000 members worldwide
• 300 Employees worldwide
• Business value of $1.8 Billion
• 92% Renewal rate
• 4 Offices Worldwide
I really wonder if they're worth 1.8 Billions as they say + 92% of renewal rate seems huge to me, specially with all the new restrictions with the Smart membership.

Last edited by freq.flyer; Jun 29, 2017 at 6:46 am
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by dval44
And Delta Private Jets. Don't forget them too. All dropped JS/were dropped.
DPJ being used in Europe right now I believe.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by cakiwi
Delta Private Jets operates in Europe? You sure about that?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:15 am

"Hey XXXXXX! Hope all has been well. I just tried calling to discuss the possibility of renewing your membership at the original rate of $9,000. If interested, I am able to offer this for you if you can commit by tomorrow, June 30th. At your convenient, please give me a call to further discuss. I look forward to hearing back from you!"

I think they are hurting
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It seems like there are lots of public indications that this is a company that is so desperate for cash that it is willing to under-deliver to its customers before under-delivering again. Not a good cycle.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cakiwi
Originally Posted by dval44
Delta Private Jets operates in Europe? You sure about that?
All DPJ jets are U.S. registered -- They can operate to or from the EU, but not within the EU.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 2:08 pm
Suspended

JetSmarter says they are opening offices in NY and LA

http://www.financial-news.co.uk/4203...0170629110500/

Barsky entered a not guilty plea

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/06/2...y-enters-plea/
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Helicopter Transfers are Suspended!

I booked a flight from HPN and the helicopter transfer wasn't available in the app. I sent them a message asking about it and got this response:

"****, the helicopter transfer will be temporarily out of the app while we finish the contacts with a group of different operators that can meet the demand for all our helicopter transfer in and out of New York since the demand has increased considerably. Please note that the we are currently working to have the situation fixed as soon as possible and it will be available on the app soon. Please note that there will be ground transportation provided for a $50 ground transportation fee from the Volvo of Manhattan-619 W 54th St New York, NY 10019 to White Plains. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you!"

My other half has a confirmed helicopter transfer booked for the same day and messaged them to ask about the helicopter transfer and got the same pasted message. He asked for clarification if his heli transfer is cancelled. He received this response:

"Correct, all helicopter operations have been suspended. We have ground transportation from Volvo of Manhattan-619 W 54th St New York, NY 10019 to HPN for a fee of $50. Would you like to be added to the manifest?"
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by backdoc
I booked a flight from HPN and the helicopter transfer wasn't available in the app. I sent them a message asking about it and got this response:

"****, the helicopter transfer will be temporarily out of the app while we finish the contacts with a group of different operators that can meet the demand for all our helicopter transfer in and out of New York since the demand has increased considerably. Please note that the we are currently working to have the situation fixed as soon as possible and it will be available on the app soon. Please note that there will be ground transportation provided for a $50 ground transportation fee from the Volvo of Manhattan-619 W 54th St New York, NY 10019 to White Plains. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you!"

My other half has a confirmed helicopter transfer booked for the same day and messaged them to ask about the helicopter transfer and got the same pasted message. He asked for clarification if his heli transfer is cancelled. He received this response:

"Correct, all helicopter operations have been suspended. We have ground transportation from Volvo of Manhattan-619 W 54th St New York, NY 10019 to HPN for a fee of $50. Would you like to be added to the manifest?"

What type of vehicle is doing the transfer?

Maybe they can start offering bus service from the Port Authority -

If you fly F on AA out of JFK the expedited security isn't that bad.

Too bad they don't move the NYC flights to TEB, LGA or even JFK. Unless you live in Westchester or Fairfield County, I don't think driving to/from Manhattan to sit in a full private jet for 6 hours is better than flying AA in F, or DL/UA/B6 in their versions of business class.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:32 pm

The never-ending spin from this company and the accompanying dearth of thruthfulness and transparency is so GD tiresome. To hear Sergey tell it in his "from the flight deck" emails, it's all sunshine and rainbows, and an infinite trail of expansion and world domination. Never any mention of route cutbacks, or increased fees, or partner terminations. As someone who belongs to actual clubs where we get updates on what's really going on with membership, finances, etc., the difference is striking. I don't believe a thing that comes out of his mouth, or computer, or PR department.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.