Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:34 pm

I just got this message:
"I’m giving you a private flight for two to The Abaco Club in the Bahamas with all-inclusive amenities when you join as a Sophisticated member. I only have two slots left, so let’s get you locked in.

The trip includes a roundtrip private flight from Fort Lauderdale direct to Abaco, luxury cabana accommodations, complimentary leisure activities, fine dining, and more.
When's a good time to speak?

Talk soon,
Sam"

They clearly need money and are having trouble selling the Bahamas trip package since this is the third email I've received this month about it.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by imperialg
They clearly need money and are having trouble selling the Bahamas trip package since this is the third email I've received this month about it.
Yeah I really wonder how well those sell. I haven't seen one recently, but they also used to do the celeb flights as an incentive to join. Maybe its me, but a free trip to the Bahamas or a flight with a B-rate celeb doesn't make me any more or less likely to join.

Getting a little worried about money. $100M in December, so they should be good for a while, but maybe its tranched. I got the 10% off for early renewal message too; that and the 'prepay for your credits' clearly seems like they're looking to drum up cash.

(Although flipside; the prepay deal is pretty much the way all the jet card brokers work... e.g. prepay $50K and then burn off hours.)
@ensnare what is the 'change' they are referring to?

Last edited by dordal; Jun 1, 2017 at 10:18 pm
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I thought they would have brought in much more than $152M in venture capital.

https://www.crunchbase.com/organizat...marter#/entity

Uber has raised almost $9B, and they're sitting on $7B in cash.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
There's a new review on Glassdoor that was posted by a former employee two days ago:

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Em...VW15281303.htm

It's from a Shuttle Experience Manager who worked there for 3 years and complains that failed to pay on time (presumably recently based on the wording of the review).

Reviews from bitter ex-employees aren't exactly reliable, but it's definitely a bad sign if they're struggling to make payroll.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Based in ATL and thinking of doing the founders card deal. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by meunger11
I know I'm over a half-a-year late on the response here, but I signed up for it and hopped an empty leg from DAL-AUS over the weekend. It was amazing. From JS customer service, to the pilots, to the FBO staff at both airports, the experience was exemplary.

We took N118DL (800 HawkerXP) in the morning and enjoyed some free booze and a friendly flight with 3 other folks. The plane fit 5 people very comfortably.

From the time I booked the empty leg to the time it was confirmed was just under an hour. Total cost for me and the wifey? $144.00 USD We did end up booking a OW return flight on SW for $455.00. I consider $599.00 for a solid 12-hour day trip to Austin as a steal-of-a-deal based on how I value air travel, and how much we fly.

Unfortunately I never learned how to post pictures on FT, but maybe someday.
Do you get unlimited jet deals with the 3 month membership?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: A3*S, IHG Plat, Accor Plat, BWR Diamond
In Europe, they say Air Hamburg and GlobeAir deals are due to an IT issue but I don't trust them, already 3 weeks these issue...
Was planning to renew 2 months ago but now it is clearly not worth it anymore
They removed a tons of shuttle routes when on the other side they implement new "routes" as Cairo-Jeddah who nobody cares
I don't understand how they really think their model can work in the long term
Hopefully, SurfAir is starting normally this month with twice daily flights Geneva-London-Zurich-Cannes
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by larchens
In Europe, they say Air Hamburg and GlobeAir deals are due to an IT issue but I don't trust them, already 3 weeks these issue...
Was planning to renew 2 months ago but now it is clearly not worth it anymore
They removed a tons of shuttle routes when on the other side they implement new "routes" as Cairo-Jeddah who nobody cares
I don't understand how they really think their model can work in the long term
Hopefully, SurfAir is starting normally this month with twice daily flights Geneva-London-Zurich-Cannes
They told me the same for Air Hamburg, it's simply not true, they're still working with Air Hamburg on the London/Nice to Moscow shuttle. Air Hamburg Jet Deals are more expensive to jet smarter than blink empty legs. That's why they're not showing any air hamburg deals since more than a month. First it was the Legacy planes, now all air hamburg flights..

And for Globeair I asked them directly through their website and they told me that they've ended their collaboration with JetSmarter..
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: A3*S, IHG Plat, Accor Plat, BWR Diamond
so they simply lie
another reason not to renew
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by larchens
so they simply lie
another reason not to renew
Yes... And now they're offering 3 free months; with the simple membership for mileage millionaires. Means that Europeans shuttles and JetDeals are gonna be simply overcrowded this summer..

I'm definitely not gonna renew in November. It's really not fair for their paying members.

Last edited by freq.flyer; Jun 3, 2017 at 7:59 am
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by freq.flyer
Yes... And now they're offering 3 free months; with the simple membership for mileage millionaires. Means that Europeans shuttles and JetDeals are gonna be simply overcrowded this summer..
I'm definitely not gonna renew in November. It's really not fair for their paying members.
Just got that email. OK, now that's a deal I can live with.

Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Received the same email. I submitted my AA EXP card and received this automated reply:

"Thank you for your submission. Our team will review your eligibility for this offer in 2 to 3 business days.

JetSmarter Inc.
+1 888 9 VIP JET"

Originally Posted by SFO777
Just got that email. OK, now that's a deal I can live with.

Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by freq.flyer
And for Globeair I asked them directly through their website and they told me that they've ended their collaboration with JetSmarter..
Not a good sign. Given that empty leg payments are basically 'found money' for the operators, the fact they've stopped (along with DPJ and others) isn't good.

Did they say why?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
Received the same email. I submitted my AA EXP card and received this automated reply:

"Thank you for your submission. Our team will review your eligibility for this offer in 2 to 3 business days.

JetSmarter Inc.
+1 888 9 VIP JET"
Got the same, sent my 1.5Mil amex balance. Stoked
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:16 am

Hitting the blogs now, this is going to get ugly lol
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....et-membership/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.