Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by cakiwi
If you or others think Sophisticated is not good value, you may not perceive enough value in the 3-year in advance offer that some have been granted. Or maybe you and others will.
Yes, which is why I asked the OP what value he assigned to the yearly membership. You know, before you interjected your thoughts on that question only he could answer?

Last edited by millions; May 16, 2017 at 10:31 am
Old May 16, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, DL Amex Reserve, AMEX Plat, + GE & Clear
Originally Posted by Hossy
If anyone here thinking of joining as a new member in the next couple weeks, PM me.
Originally Posted by SFO777
Why?
Originally Posted by mwood20
Probably just the referral credit
Not quite - I am considering a SMART membership myself right now. Although (as previously mentioned) there are some decent deals for a 3-year option up front (for SMART, its ~$29k for 3 years), I am skeptical that JS will last the 3 years in the same capacity it exists now. That being said, I am willing to do a 1-year membership to utilize it in the short term, however if I am joining as a NEW member with any other new members together, then we can both get a discounted SMART membership for the year, for a few thousand off each membership. So it's a mutual discount realized immediately that equally benefits each new member - and that is why I mentioned it here.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:03 pm

The London to Dubai return shuttle seems closed, impossible to find an available flight.. Same for London to Istanbul shuttle, seems that the last flight (full) is scheduled in 5 days.

Is it normal ? Why don't we get a notice when they close a route ? I wanted to book a shuttle to Dubai and I just discovered that it's impossible..
Old May 21, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by freq.flyer
The London to Dubai return shuttle seems closed, impossible to find an available flight.. Same for London to Istanbul shuttle, seems that the last flight (full) is scheduled in 5 days.

Is it normal ? Why don't we get a notice when they close a route ? I wanted to book a shuttle to Dubai and I just discovered that it's impossible..
London Dubai route is gone, at least for now. Their communication on this was non-existent. Pretty bad - I'm assuming they knew it was coming up, so to let people know would have been good. Perhaps it's coming back. Sometimes they have to change out operators and there's a lag in time pushing up to the app. Fingers crossed.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by cakiwi
London Dubai route is gone, at least for now. Their communication on this was non-existent. Pretty bad - I'm assuming they knew it was coming up, so to let people know would have been good. Perhaps it's coming back. Sometimes they have to change out operators and there's a lag in time pushing up to the app. Fingers crossed.
Let's hope that they'll make new deals with new operators then ! Don't know if I should book a regular emirates flight or just wait for a shuttle.. Have to be in Dubai by mid-june..
Old May 23, 2017, 9:09 am

No hamptons shuttles this summer.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:21 pm

Angry

No more London - Istanbul - London shuttle as well; and the London to Moscow shuttle seems reduced (one every two weeks instead of one to two shuttles every week)..

No more Air Hamburg empty leg deals as well (More than 170 seats per week, that's something !!).. Seems like they're shutting down many perks of the membership
Old May 24, 2017, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by ensnare
No hamptons shuttles this summer.
Where did you hear this? I spoke with my rep last week and he said that they were told internally that hamptons heli's will be available memorial day to labor day this year.
Old May 24, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by Maverick84
Where did you hear this? I spoke with my rep last week and he said that they were told internally that hamptons heli's will be available memorial day to labor day this year.
why aren't they on the app then? memorial day is in ... just a few days.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by ATLSam
Are members able to pay monthly? Im willing to pay 450/month for a few months of simple membership to see if it's worth it, being based in Atlanta. Also, are tokens transferrable? As if, the account was in my name, but I use a token to get my mother on a flight.
I did this, sort of. Also in ATL. I'm sure we have a similar thought process on how often are we going to go to MIA (which is really west palm beach,) and NYC, (which is really white plains).

I initially did a membership at 9k, before they introduced the tiers. Put it on a zero interest card, so that essentially made it a monthly payment. easy.

I downgraded to a simple membership when renewal came up. Just took my first shuttle a month into the new membership.
ATL to white plains... they cancelled the heli transfer due to "supply and demand issues" (read BS).
riding from white plains to manhattan really defeats the purpose of any of this. Unless you just want the glitz of flying private... for me, it's the convenience.

Had flight credits from before, so used that for a transfer on the return leg, which I was happy to see had 13 seats available when I landed the first leg and my one token was able to be used again.

I was able to get some business done on the trip, so I guess overall I'm satisfied, but not happy. If that makes sense. For $5000, so far I've taken one short notice, perfectly timed trip to and from NYC and made good business from it, with 10.5 months to go. I think I've recouped 800-1000 value from this one trip.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:56 am

London - Dubai route closed

The London to Dubai shuttle is officially closed, they've removed the route from the app and as always, zero communication on this. We just have to figure out by ourself that this route is closed.
Old May 25, 2017, 12:13 pm

The London to Dubai shuttle is officially closed, they've removed the route from the app and as always, zero communication on this. We just have to figure out by ourself that this route is closed.
What's annoying is, at what point does everyone realize that this poor communication isn't simply an oversight, but it's a concentrated effort.

In this instance, for example, they know that probably 95% of their customers would never be on that route, so why tell them they're losing something they never would've used? Why introduce that negative? The flip side is, they're all too eager to dangle that carrot in front of new buyers and promise the world (literally). "Hey look at our awesome routes to these big cities that you'll probably never go to, but have heard of. We're expanding ALLLL the time. Join us."
Buyer gets enticed, joins, bait and switch. This has been their tactic since day one. With the excuse being "well, in order to keep the business afloat, we're going to take away some things we sold you initially. You understand, right?"
^That's almost word for word, btw.

My plan is to milk it for all it's worth until eventually they crash and burn, which they will. What happens if oil spikes all of a sudden and heads toward $100 a barrel... this business is done overnight.
Old May 28, 2017, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by Apache137
What's annoying is, at what point does everyone realize that this poor communication isn't simply an oversight, but it's a concentrated effort.

In this instance, for example, they know that probably 95% of their customers would never be on that route, so why tell them they're losing something they never would've used? Why introduce that negative? The flip side is, they're all too eager to dangle that carrot in front of new buyers and promise the world (literally). "Hey look at our awesome routes to these big cities that you'll probably never go to, but have heard of. We're expanding ALLLL the time. Join us."
Buyer gets enticed, joins, bait and switch. This has been their tactic since day one. With the excuse being "well, in order to keep the business afloat, we're going to take away some things we sold you initially. You understand, right?"
^That's almost word for word, btw.

My plan is to milk it for all it's worth until eventually they crash and burn, which they will. What happens if oil spikes all of a sudden and heads toward $100 a barrel... this business is done overnight.
You're 100% right.. Hope that they'll make a new fundraising and start some news partnerships with operators specially in Europe !

This month I've booked 2 deals in the US and 6 in Europe, 6 of the 8 requested flights deals were cancelled.. And always with a very short notice (Ex : the flight leaves at 1pm, they'll let you know only at 7-8-9 am if the flight is confirmed - really hard to plan anything with those deals). Before it was easier, confirmed 24h before departure, no weird excuses to delay the confirmation.
Old May 29, 2017, 11:49 am

Update : Seems that they've removed all Globeair empty flights in Europe + no more London to Istanbul shuttle..
Old May 29, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
You're 100% right.. Hope that they'll make a new fundraising and start some news partnerships with operators specially in Europe !

This month I've booked 2 deals in the US and 6 in Europe, 6 of the 8 requested flights deals were cancelled.. And always with a very short notice (Ex : the flight leaves at 1pm, they'll let you know only at 7-8-9 am if the flight is confirmed - really hard to plan anything with those deals). Before it was easier, confirmed 24h before departure, no weird excuses to delay the confirmation.
This has been happening recently? At least in the US, flight confirmations have been coming much earlier than they were before... at least 12-18 hours out, when before it was 5. Not good that they've moved that back in Europe.

I sort of wonder what the providers think about JetSmarter. Enough of them have left the empty leg program (e.g. DPJ in the US, Air Hamburg in Europe) that it can't be a phenomenally amazing deal. And interestingly, most of their own shuttle providers don't provide empty legs from their other charter business, which strikes me as odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.