Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by gooseman13
Has anybody with founderscard actually signed up for the three month Jetsmarter trial? Want to make sure its legit before I dump my money into a Founderscard membership.
I'm already a Founderscard member, but haven't signed up yet. I'm waiting to try it out a little closer to when my schedule is less hectic (after the holidays).
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by gooseman13
Has anybody with founderscard actually signed up for the three month Jetsmarter trial? Want to make sure its legit before I dump my money into a Founderscard membership.
I just did. It's legit and once you click through, the 3 month trial is activated instantly.

As a side note: The Founderscard application/membership process took a couple of days, but they were really pleasant to work with. Having spoken with the JS member acquisition team several times before, the contrast couldn't have been more apparent. FC staff were very polished.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by OptionsCLE
I just did. It's legit and once you click through, the 3 month trial is activated instantly.

As a side note: The Founderscard application/membership process took a couple of days, but they were really pleasant to work with. Having spoken with the JS member acquisition team several times before, the contrast couldn't have been more apparent. FC staff were very polished.
So what's the story with the 3-month membership? Can you book shuttles? If so, what do they cost? And how many seats do you get on the empty legs?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by millions
So what's the story with the 3-month membership? Can you book shuttles? If so, what do they cost? And how many seats do you get on the empty legs?
I think you get 1 seat on deals (empties) only. Shuttles you'd buy at normal pricing; no access to them as part of this deal. It's I guess a low cost way to get access (1 seat only mind you) on an empty, for 3 months.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:31 pm

FBO security

Hello everyone, I am interested in joining JS and have been in contact with JS and it's sales team. I have flown PJs frequently and often for personal and business. After reading the forum comments; my question is from a members standpoint, can you walk me through the time you get to the FBO to the plane. I have two young children and my wife's concern is the security checkpoint (since there will be strangers sharing the flight). The reason I ask on the forum, I have asked two different salesperson and received two different answers. Is it TSA providing the service? Are you walking through metal detectors? Is your carry on going through X-ray machine? Are there bomb sniffing dogs. Are you seeing different security protocol at various hubs? As we all know, are concern is our health and safety. But traveling with my family, I'd like some additional light shined on this. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
For empty legs, there is typically no screening at all.

For smaller shuttle flights like the King Air 350 used on the west coast, there is also no screening at all.

Transcon flights departing from HPN have a brief screening by a contracted security person and a dog, but the TSA itself is not performing any screening.

Public charters like what JetSmarter arranges have been around for years, and to my knowledge there has not been a single incident related to a passenger trying to do harm to other passengers, although my knowledge is not exhaustive. Plus, I personally don't believe that the TSA is effective at screening passengers for commercial flights anyway. It's definitely not something I'm worried about when I'm flying private.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Huh? I find it hard to believe that you've really "flown PJ's frequently and often" and don't know about security, or rather lack thereof, for private flights at FBOs.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by SFO777
Huh? I find it hard to believe that you've really "flown PJ's frequently and often" and don't know about security, or rather lack thereof, for private flights at FBOs.
My assumption is that they know that there is no security when they fly private, but they also know everyone else on board so they're not worried about it. I think it's reasonable to ask if JS implements additional security measures when they put strangers together ... and on some flights there is indeed additional screening.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:49 pm

The majority of flying that I have done was and has been on family friends personal planes. Where we pull up to the plane and take off. And by frequently/often I mean 10-15 times a year.

I am on here to gain knowledge for the safety of my family traveling with me. THAT'S ALL. Thank you.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Sykes
My assumption is that they know that there is no security when they fly private, but they also know everyone else on board so they're not worried about it. I think it's reasonable to ask if JS implements additional security measures when they put strangers together ... and on some flights there is indeed additional screening.
I guess that's a reasonable assumption from that perspective.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by Ajtnp11
Hello everyone, I am interested in joining JS and have been in contact with JS and it's sales team. I have flown PJs frequently and often for personal and business. After reading the forum comments; my question is from a members standpoint, can you walk me through the time you get to the FBO to the plane. I have two young children and my wife's concern is the security checkpoint (since there will be strangers sharing the flight). The reason I ask on the forum, I have asked two different salesperson and received two different answers. Is it TSA providing the service? Are you walking through metal detectors? Is your carry on going through X-ray machine? Are there bomb sniffing dogs. Are you seeing different security protocol at various hubs? As we all know, are concern is our health and safety. But traveling with my family, I'd like some additional light shined on this. Thanks in advance.
YMMV but I don't think yours and your wifes genuine concerns on security should be addressed, or can even be adequately addressed on a forum. How you'd get the light shone on it you're looking for seems spurious. The best place to get clarity on such matters, I would think, would be with the flight operator and FBO concerned.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat, UA Club, Marriott/SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Ajtnp11
The majority of flying that I have done was and has been on family friends personal planes. Where we pull up to the plane and take off. And by frequently/often I mean 10-15 times a year.

I am on here to gain knowledge for the safety of my family traveling with me. THAT'S ALL. Thank you.
I'm still a bit skeptical of your whole story, but will not assign outright malice. Perhaps you do have a very rich friend and all of your transfers have been directly to the jet. But then is business the same?

Talking to JS salespeople as well, I can see how you might not have clear answers to your questions! I've also not flown JS, but have kicked the tires and flown some other similar services.

Have you ever been through a private FBO? From parking lot to plane? It's going to be similar, listen to what the actual members are saying. Have you seen metal detectors/security in a private US FBO? There is virtually no formal security (this in fact is a perk). I feel like someone so experienced flying private would understand the infrastructure just a little better, in all but the most strict circumstances. But, again perhaps your an edge case.

Otherwise curious, if you're flying on a private jet once a month, what you're using the service for? transcons/shuttles? You're going to need an account for each family member unless you're just grabbing empties. From a pure business perspective I see the service as very useful for the single road warrior, maybe a couple with great flexibility and an adventurous streak. I've never seen JS as something a full family with multiple might fly. Any other member in a similar situation?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 4:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sfo2bos
. From a pure business perspective I see the service as very useful for the single road warrior, maybe a couple with great flexibility and an adventurous streak. I've never seen JS as something a full family with multiple might fly. Any other member in a similar situation?
I've heard of multiple families with memberships. And, correct me if I'm wrong, theres been a few reports on this forum with people who have had families on their shuttles.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:03 pm

Empty Leg Heli Transfer Option

Anyone notice there's no more toggle option for heli transfers on empty legs in and out of NYC area airports?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
I've met persons on shuttles that have their families as members. Initial members were allowed a spouse to be included in their membership as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.