Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Fixed-base Operator

"A fixed-base operator (FBO) is a commercial business granted the right by an airport to operate on the airport and provide aeronautical services such as fueling, hangaring, tie-down and parking, aircraft rental, aircraft maintenance, flight instruction etc."

Originally Posted by Junior9380
Thanks for the tips!! 😊 I actually booked my first flight to Atlanta on the 12th and will be going on the challenger. Super pumped.

Question: What is the FBO? (Again sorry for the novice questions lol)
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:42 pm

What kind of douche thinks its ok to stand on the wing of another person's aircraft?

Originally Posted by Townshend
Jetsmarter's attitude (and mine too really) is to charter a private jet then if one is not available if flying commercial is such a hassle.

FWIW on XO, Delta, and the shuttles the staff and other pax have been friendly. I have no complaints.

Interesting idea on the Amex and might be worth a shot but I doubt they'll eat a $12k+ charge and if JS is belly up where would the money come from? I'm on track for 50 flights this year. If I get close to that I'll be pretty happy.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:45 pm

What kind of douche thinks its ok to stand on the wing of another person's aircraft?

This is exactly what will be the downfall of the whole program. People who think its OK to put their feet on the seats of someone else's furniture. Shocking.

I'm sure you'd lose it if someone stood on the hood for your Toyota Celica... just sayin'.

Jetsmarter's attitude (and mine too really) is to charter a private jet then if one is not available if flying commercial is such a hassle.

FWIW on XO, Delta, and the shuttles the staff and other pax have been friendly. I have no complaints.

Interesting idea on the Amex and might be worth a shot but I doubt they'll eat a $12k+ charge and if JS is belly up where would the money come from? I'm on track for 50 flights this year. If I get close to that I'll be pretty happy.

Last edited by backdoc; Jun 29, 2016 at 9:50 pm
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:38 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Does anyone here have any inside word on the Jetsmarter NYLON service?

Last edited by expatOWflyer; Jun 30, 2016 at 1:42 am Reason: Found my information in the thread
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Amex Plat, CSP. FAA Rotorcraft PPL
Originally Posted by ensnare
Thanks for that info. Good to know! I agree members should be using this as much as possible.
Not that I disagree, but this is why unlimited flight models end up not working out for the operators.

I have one empty leg, TEB-Aspen on a Citation X where no one else showed up. Easter Saturday, was awesome. One SF-NY on a Citation X, was even more awesome to climb that high. 4 challenger flights, 1 falcon, 2 learjet, 3 Gulfstream NY-MIA since March. Need to submit some trip reports but so far very very happy with the value I get.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by backdoc
"A fixed-base operator (FBO) is a commercial business granted the right by an airport to operate on the airport and provide aeronautical services such as fueling, hangaring, tie-down and parking, aircraft rental, aircraft maintenance, flight instruction etc."
Got it! Thanks! 🙌
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Simulacra
I see what you mean....

Lol oh that's pretty bad. If I was the operator or owner, and could see my tail number, I would get out of that deal asap. How disrespectful.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by roaderman
Lol oh that's pretty bad. If I was the operator or owner, and could see my tail number, I would get out of that deal asap. How disrespectful.
You're always going to get one a-hole out there. If I were jetsmarter i would terminate his membership. The fact that he's doing that makes it seem to others that it's okay to do that. I'm sure there has to be something in the contract about abusing/damaging the jet.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:14 pm

FWIW, that picture was posted a year and a half ago, we have no idea whose plane it was, or whether he was given permission to be up there. But you know, don't let me get in the way of your pitchforks.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by millions
FWIW, that picture was posted a year and a half ago, we have no idea whose plane it was, or whether he was given permission to be up there. But you know, don't let me get in the way of your pitchforks.
Haha good point
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Thanks for the tips!! 😊 I actually booked my first flight to Atlanta on the 12th and will be going on the challenger. Super pumped.

Question: What is the FBO? (Again sorry for the novice questions lol)
Awesome! You'll enjoy it, Challenger is my favorite plane.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:57 pm

Awesome! You'll enjoy it, Challenger is my favorite plane.
Awesome. I'm pumped! Thanks.

Quick question - Do you have a # for the FBO in Ft Lauderdale?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Quick question - Do you have a # for the FBO in Ft Lauderdale?
FBO info would be on your JS flight confirmation/invoice.
There is no point in calling the FBO until you have the tail number.
It's likely to be Signature and they can arrange transportation or anything else you need with just a few hours notice.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
There is now an upper tier membership:

https://jetsmarter.com/membership-tiers/
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:10 pm

Speechless. Seems clear from the new terms that they're planning on instituting payments for the transcontinental shuttles, too.

EDIT: I am told that the heli fees will not apply to existing members, at least through their current membership years.

Last edited by millions; Jul 2, 2016 at 11:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.