Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Centurion, JetSmarter
Originally Posted by mwood20
Every shuttle I have taken has always been on what was listed in the app.
Same with me with the exception of that one time where they listed a G-IV SP on the NY-London shuttle which was changed to a Global Express. Obviously didn't have a problem at all with that.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by SportsGlory
Same with me with the exception of that one time where they listed a G-IV SP on the NY-London shuttle which was changed to a Global Express. Obviously didn't have a problem at all with that.
charter flights rarely guarantee an aircraft type, rather an aircraft group. light, midsize, super midsize, and large is the terms normally associated. you get something from within the group.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Centurion, JetSmarter
Interesting news: just asked my membership guy and seems you can use Amex for membership purchases and renewals.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by SportsGlory
Interesting news: just asked my membership guy and seems you can use Amex for membership purchases and renewals.
How many? Any more details?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
SO just received an automated email response indicating the million mile promo is dead due to 'overwhelming demand'.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by invalyd
SO just received an automated email response indicating the million mile promo is dead due to 'overwhelming demand'.
Wonder what ignore means for people who submitted but haven’t heard back
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by jb831
Received e-mail confirmation today that I qualified for the three-month trial (I provided proof of my AA ExPlat status). You do have to speak with a sales rep before they actually "activate" your membership though, and if you try to book an appointment in their calendar, there are no free slots for two weeks. (So I'm guessing this was a successful membership boost for them!). The earliest available appointment when I checked about 90 minutes ago was Monday, June 19, and now it's Wednesday, June 21. Looks like a lot of people received their "approval" e-mails today!
Odd, I didn't receive an email at all, but did get a message in the app saying my membership was active. I messaged a rep through the app, and they said I was good to go so I made a booking. No phone call, no email.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by invalyd
I dont see anything like that in my inbox....im hoping this isnt the case. Im about 200 MQM short of re-qualifying for diamond with Delta...so I paid to upgrade my flight on monday for the quick extra miles inorder to hit it before the promo ends.

Last edited by xolinlevh; Jun 11, 2017 at 7:41 am
Old Jun 11, 2017, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I dont see anything like that in my inbox....im hoping this isnt the case. Im about 200 MQM short of re-qualifying for diamond with Delta...so I paid to upgrade my flight on monday for the quick extra miles inorder to hit it before the promo ends.
Its dead, if you look at the link for the offer on their website, they've pulled the page
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
You're out of luck, unfortunately
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:38 am

Update : No more JetDeals in Europe + I got the confirmation that they're putting on the app fakes shuttles seats booking (my friend was on the Nice to London shuttle, on the app it showed 6/6 seats taken; at the end they were 4 on a Phenom 100 - max 4seats).

That's why all europeans shuttles are now full; they're booking smaller jets because it's cheaper; so less shuttles seats available, no more JetDeals in europe and now tons of free new members..
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by freq.flyer
Update : No more JetDeals in Europe + I got the confirmation that they're putting on the app fakes shuttles seats booking (my friend was on the Nice to London shuttle, on the app it showed 6/6 seats taken; at the end they were 4 on a Phenom 100 - max 4seats).

That's why all europeans shuttles are now full; they're booking smaller jets because it's cheaper; so less shuttles seats available, no more JetDeals in europe and now tons of free new members..
A saw a few European jet deals yesterday
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Westin.
A saw a few European jet deals yesterday
Right, SFD ones, and they were all cancelled. No more Blink, Globeair, Air Hamburg deals..
Old Jun 11, 2017, 8:14 pm

Looks like Jetsmarter's newest empty leg provider in the U.S. just had a major emergency in New York. A TMC Hawker 400 experienced a dual engine failure while carrying actress Jennifer Lawrence from Louisville to Teterboro. Luckily, the plane was able to safely divert to Buffalo. TMC has an AR/GUS platinum rating, but keep in mind, as a broker, Jetsmarter is only as safe as the operators it chooses.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/jennifer-lawrence-private-plane-forced-make-emergency-landing/story?id=47968911

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...510Z/KSDF/KTEB
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
fwiw, TMC is pretty well-respected in the industry, and isn't new on JetSmarter. If I recall correctly, they were actually the very first provider that JetSmarter worked with.

It'll be interesting to learn what happened. The Hawker 400XP has a history of dual engine flame-outs at altitude due to internal engine icing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.