Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Sykes
Each shuttle has a per-seat cost. If you have tokens available, you have the option to use them to discount the first seat (your seat) on any shuttle. To get the discount, you use a single token when reserving most flights under 3 hours, and two for most flights over 3 hours (which means that SMART members with two tokens can book short-haul shuttles roundtrip, but can only one-way for long-haul shuttles).

For older members, these tokens discount 100% of the shuttle cost for most shuttles (excluding some "holiday shuttles" as well as NYC<->London and London<->Dubai), but for some newer members they discount all the cost on short flights, but the member pays something like $800 for the shuttles over 3 hours.

The tokens return to your account at the scheduled departure time for the flight you reserve, at which point you can make your next reservation. As such, you can take as many free (or reduced cost) shuttle flights as you want but you can only reserve a limited number at any given time (one or two for SMART members). The more popular shuttles sell out weeks in advance, so in many cases you're effectively limited by those reservations.
Thanks for explaining! How many tokens (I assume this means seats) comes with the current "smart" membership? I'm basically looking to justify 4 trips a month up and down the east coast for employees.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by Qlcing
Thanks for explaining! How many tokens (I assume this means seats) comes with the current "smart" membership? I'm basically looking to justify 4 trips a month up and down the east coast for employees.
You can only use tokens for the primary member (so one seat per flight). Additional tokens enable you to make multiple reservations at once (for different flights), not take multiple people. If you want to take additional people on shuttles you have to pay the cash price for an additional seat (and I think that the primary member must also be on the flight, but I haven't tested it).

Simple members get 1 (and they only discount short flights)
Smart members get 2
Sophisticated members get 4

Transcon shuttles require two tokens per one-way reservation, so on those Smart members may only book one-way at a time.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:19 am

Wow...

It appears that JetSmarter's President and Vice Chairman (and former CFO) was arrested last week on suspicion of embezzlement possibly related to his management of a fund that predates his work at JetSmarter:

https://corporatejetinvestor.com/art...l-reasons-045/

JetSmarter announced his resignation "for personal reasons" today.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by SFO_Flyer
Was wondering if during the 3 month trial you can book multiple 1-seat jetdeals or is it just one, 1-seat jetdeal during the whole trial period. I suspect its the latter. Any experiences with this deal would be appreciated.
Not sure anyone answered your question, but yes you can book multiple 1 suite jetdeals. I signed up for Founderscard just for this and was immediately able to turn that into Jetsmarter trial membership, and booked a flight for later that day. I thought it was an excellent deal, although I only ended up on two flights in the three month period.

Haven't used anything else from Founderscard but if you need a referral I should be able to do that.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:20 pm

It appears that JetSmarter's President and Vice Chairman (and former CFO) was arrested last week on suspicion of embezzlement possibly related to his management of a fund that predates his work at JetSmarter:

https://corporatejetinvestor.com/art...l-reasons-045/

JetSmarter announced his resignation "for personal reasons" today.

Once a crook always a crook. JS is toast.

interesting timing between the following article and Gennady Barsky arrest.

http://airstreamjets.com/is-jetsmart...scheme-part-1/
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:40 pm

Very interesting read. Thanks for the share.

Originally Posted by combakkid

Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:52 pm

The flight benefits decrease and the non-jet related, increased-cost services seem to be increasing. This is from a recent email:

INTRODUCING JETSMARTER HOMES – OUR LUXURY ACCOMMODATIONS SERVICE
You know us for our innovative private flight services and unparalleled membership privileges. In our next app update, we’re expanding to include HOMES — our convenient, tap-to-book service for luxury accommodations around the world, available for as little as $495 per week.

This new addition to our on-demand service offerings makes JetSmarter your new end-to-end travel solution and brings us one step closer to becoming the world’s ultimate lifestyle community.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by imperialg
The flight benefits decrease and the non-jet related, increased-cost services seem to be increasing. This is from a recent email:

INTRODUCING JETSMARTER HOMES – OUR LUXURY ACCOMMODATIONS SERVICE
You know us for our innovative private flight services and unparalleled membership privileges. In our next app update, we’re expanding to include HOMES — our convenient, tap-to-book service for luxury accommodations around the world, available for as little as $495 per week.

This new addition to our on-demand service offerings makes JetSmarter your new end-to-end travel solution and brings us one step closer to becoming the world’s ultimate lifestyle community.
Which flight benefits decreased?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by combakkid

Has he been convicted? Or are you the judge on the case or have info the rest of the public don't? I don't condone crime of any sort, including libel. Perhaps he'll be convicted, perhaps he won't. Innocent until proven guilty should be the guiding principle. Let him have his day in court before you go judging him. Cmon.... Seriously.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: UA Gold, TK Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by cakiwi
Which flight benefits decreased?
Less European deals, no more legacy's (+100 seats / week), they're not listing all XLS+ flights and shuttles are overcrowded.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by DLH441
Less European deals, no more legacy's (+100 seats / week), they're not listing all XLS+ flights and shuttles are overcrowded.

Exactly -- Plus the other things mentioned in this thread. No free heli transfers in Chicago and NY, free catering on flights originating from the NYC area is gone, new members have to pay for longer shuttle flights, etc.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: UA Gold, TK Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by imperialg
Exactly -- Plus the other things mentioned in this thread. No free heli transfers in Chicago and NY, free catering on flights originating from the NYC area is gone, new members have to pay for longer shuttle flights, etc.
And even worst as they started to charge snacks (50$), soft drinks and alcohol ! (100$ - flat rate !!)
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:58 am

Some members are selling their seats ?

I just saw some random instagram members who are obiviously Jetsmarter members and who are selling their flights deals on their account / facebook page - Between 150 and 400€ per seat ! Is that allowed by Jetsmarter ?

I saw the account of "pjseat" on IG who's listing daily some european flights deals leaving from Geneva.

Based on a shared flights deals, I think that members shouldn't be allowed to sell some seats on the jets to make money.

So less availbility for members and more for complete strangers of Jetsmarter..

Last edited by rob777; Sep 24, 2017 at 12:54 pm
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:27 am

Angry

Update - The account mysteriously disappeared, probaly a reader of this thread..
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:55 pm

Ok, so here's the thing. I looked into the Barsky issue. He is charged with five counts of grand theft by embezzlement. This was a multi-state operation as he will be extradited to California. I know everyone is innocent until proven guilty, etc., but usually you don't get five charges and face extradition for a clerical error.

Here's the biggest issue for me. From my experience with the the company, it does not strike me as surprising. He fits the flashy, style over substance mould of what I've come to know as a JS member.

Simply reviewing his personal website (http://gennadybarsky.com/) is enough to convince me within 5 minutes that I would never want him working for my company. He describes himself as a, "brilliant lesson in quality time management." Huh? And they hired him for president? Then it's followed by two bizarre run-on sentence that describe him "generously" putting his heart into "structuring vital financial transactions." But JS decided he should not only work for them, but lead their entire organization. Where did he go to school? Harvard? Stanford? On Quora he describes himself as a "renowned real estate mogul."

I met a guy on a JS flight to Miami who asked me to book hotel rooms for him so he could have "girls" over without him being on the reservation. JS has received no funding from smart money (Kleiner Perkins, Benchmark, Sequoia, etc.). All the videos and promos show them drinking champaign with fancy watches and boats. Sales are slimy AF.

Everyone gets their day in court, but this is all smelling way to rotten for me to hang around. As much as I loved some of the experiences, and love the idea, I don't think it can last. Just my two cents.

Last edited by dval44; Feb 24, 2017 at 7:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.