Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
:)

I'd like to see them use a Challenger 850 for the NYC-LA Shuttle. It can carry 6 more people and the distance is well within its operational flight distance.

They probably signed a contract to use a group of G-IV's for a period of time when they first started up and the old ones without modern convienences were cheaper. They seem to be expanding their offerings quickly. They need to do something with this route because the old G-IV's are a bit "Southwest" when compared to the Challenger 850. If the seats keep selling out they'll up the size of the plane. With the New York-South Florida Shuttle they now have two planes/shuttle day. They are flying a LearJet 45 and a Challenger 850.

Steve

Originally Posted by slay0r
I know the planes aren't owned by them, but still. they could maybe try and use planes with WiFi.. It's 2016
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:50 pm

JetSmarter just started using a diff Charter Co for the coast to coast shuttles.

I'm on the HPN-VNY shuttle as I type this..... The new company is JetEdge.

The best change, so far, is that there is now WiFi on all the cross country shuttles. Whoop!

They have implemented luggage security checks for both carryon and those in the back.

The new company will not serve booze on these flights, Beer/Wine/Champagne is it.

This flight is "full" but there are only 2 people on the couch which is really 3 side facing seats that don't recline with armrests (Seats 6 and 8 on this plane)

This is the seating plan for this aircraft N702GH

I'm in seat 12. Seats 9/10/11/12 are about 30% narrower than the other seats, but still comfortable.

The Flight Attendant is excellent, the food is better and is served on real dishes with silverware and stemware.

Steve
Originally Posted by slay0r
Ah I see, thanks for the clarification .. I am eager to try the GIV to LAX from NYC so I could expect to see this seating layout? I Wasn't aware they used the bench for the GIV.. Good to know it's only one person on there though.

Why is there no wifi? That is so silly to me.. JS Needs to get on that ASAP!!!

I want to try the challenger 850 NYC > South Florida , but i heard they seat 3 on the bench for that shuttle.

Would love to hear more about your experiences on the shuttles. Thanks!

Last edited by backdoc; Mar 6, 2016 at 8:27 pm
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
How does the food work with the couch?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:45 am

That's a good question.

I don't remember.

Steve

Originally Posted by oenophilist
How does the food work with the couch?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:28 am

Does anybody has experience about the validity of Promo codes?
I signed up for a 500$ Flight credit around two weeks ago, the credit was loaded on my profile, but unfortunately since this morning the credit is missing.

Another question: according to different sources as a non-member they will double the charges if you want to book a seat for a JetDeal, is this correct? The app shows an amount "Non-Member Adjustment" and as per my understanding what other guys posted on other platforms this amount will be roughly doubled if you want to book the seat?

Anyway very intersting setup from Jetsmarter, but want to try first before signing up a membership.

thank you!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
So I was looking on the app yesterday and the remainder of my credit was gone. I'm assuming they selected an expiration date and just didn't tell anyone.

You book through the app, and the "extra seat" price is what you would pay as a non-member. No doubling. The app was temporarily lacking booking functionality for non-members but it is back now, so what you see on the app is accurate.

Originally Posted by Flying777
Does anybody has experience about the validity of Promo codes?
I signed up for a 500$ Flight credit around two weeks ago, the credit was loaded on my profile, but unfortunately since this morning the credit is missing.

Another question: according to different sources as a non-member they will double the charges if you want to book a seat for a JetDeal, is this correct? The app shows an amount "Non-Member Adjustment" and as per my understanding what other guys posted on other platforms this amount will be roughly doubled if you want to book the seat?

Anyway very intersting setup from Jetsmarter, but want to try first before signing up a membership.

thank you!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:17 pm

oh no the credit is gone, lucky i had already used most of mine. i now need more flights to justify my membership
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:56 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
I no longer have the credit either. Has anyone reached out to JetSmarter to find out what happened? I sent them a note and will keep the group here updated as I hear back.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by ray1022
I no longer have the credit either. Has anyone reached out to JetSmarter to find out what happened? I sent them a note and will keep the group here updated as I hear back.
Awesome, thanks for letting us know!
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:44 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Got a vague response saying they are looking into it. Anyone else hear back?

Separately I saw they are expanding their deal with Jet Edge and a more varied Gulfstream fleet.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:28 pm

Got a vague response saying they are looking into it. Anyone else hear back?

Separately I saw they are expanding their deal with Jet Edge and a more varied Gulfstream fleet.
I got a response back that the credits are in my account but I need to become a member to use. He said it was implemented last week.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:19 am

Just checked the app today and my credits are all gone as well.. what is the email address that we should contact them about this, I've been searching but cant find an address.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
JetSmarter adding flights to Chicago... now from LA and Ft. Lauderdale (in addition to NYC)
Old Mar 12, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
The "extra seat" prices on empty legs have jumped substantially in the last few days, at least for non-members. Some seem to be double or even triple what they have been on similar routes operated by similar AC types. Can anyone who is a member confirm that it's true for them as well? Also, I'm not seeing any of the recently announced Gulfstream legs, which are the flights that could finally convince me to join. Are members seeing those?
Old Mar 12, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by TVCMH
The "extra seat" prices on empty legs have jumped substantially in the last few days, at least for non-members. Some seem to be double or even triple what they have been on similar routes operated by similar AC types. Can anyone who is a member confirm that it's true for them as well? Also, I'm not seeing any of the recently announced Gulfstream legs, which are the flights that could finally convince me to join. Are members seeing those?
I've noticed this as well. Living in NJ, there are a ton of the Morristown flights that I would take advantage of if the non-member pricing remained what it had been the past month or so that I've been tracking.

It seems that most of these depart either empty or substantially empty. Only explanation for the price increase I can think of is the time/labor that goes into dealing with a passenger? I don't have business or personal reasons to be anywhere near the shuttle cities, so even though I'm intrigued it makes no sense to join. The price increase (or seemingly so) on the empty legs will make it unlikely that I'll be a candidate to utilize Jetsmarter services. Bummer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.