Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Wow, I don't remember reading that part.

Yikes

Originally Posted by millions
If I were you, I would let them know if you intend to cancel.
The Membership Term will be conveniently renewed automatically and you agree to be charged for the subsequent Membership Term unless you provide JetSmarter a written notice not to renew at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of any preceding Term. If Member’s credit card is declined, Member agrees to provide a different method of payment within three (3) business days. If Member fails to provide a different method of payment, and the Membership Fee is due and outstanding longer than ten (10) business days, the Member’s Membership will be cancelled, and Member will forfeit and lose the Initiation Fee and any other accrued benefits, including flight credits. Any outstanding charges shall remain due until paid in full.

Last edited by backdoc; Aug 16, 2016 at 6:02 pm
Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:48 am

Hey Steve. I was on that flight with you! Sitting in the back. I was just thinking how nice it was being delayed there where we could stretch out and go back in the fbo if we wanted with constant updates from the captain and a "just hangin" vibe. Everyone on board was friendly and quiet and I'll take the relative dissatisfaction of the G4 seat recline over the airport and increased stress of security, FAs, and usual madness any day. Or are we crazy? For all the ways js can improve, the flights are really nice.

Originally Posted by backdoc
Just when I think its all "too much" with the faux celebrities and pseudo-glitz, I then had a great flight with nice people and equally great service. I flew the HPN-VNY shuttle on Sunday. It couldn't have been a better experience; well except that we were delayed 2 hours on the plane do to severe weather in the area that is.

I'm still pissed that they changed the rules and will start charging us for chopper rides into and out of the city, but its still worth it. We'll renew in January.

We are going to try the New York/London shuttle in October.

Steve
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:35 am

Howdy

I was in seat 7.

Yeah its so different when the pilot walks back into the cabin and chats about the delay rather than a disembodied voice. The flight attendant was great. People forget that the pilot's and FA's day gets just as long as ours does when there is a delay.

Sure beats having to deal with thousands of people in a commercial airport setting. And, you can't beat the 2 min wait for luggage and having your car waiting for you within 50 feet.

Steve

Originally Posted by njarecki
Hey Steve. I was on that flight with you! Sitting in the back. I was just thinking how nice it was being delayed there where we could stretch out and go back in the fbo if we wanted with constant updates from the captain and a "just hangin" vibe. Everyone on board was friendly and quiet and I'll take the relative dissatisfaction of the G4 seat recline over the airport and increased stress of security, FAs, and usual madness any day. Or are we crazy? For all the ways js can improve, the flights are really nice.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oenophilist
What has been the experience for those renewing? Did JS reach out to you, or did they try to automatically renew? My renewal is coming up soon but I haven't heard anything from JS reps.
YMMV but I was messaged and alerted by someone at JS about a week before my renewal date.
Rep asked if I wanted to renew and reminded me about the deadline for renewal or cancellation.

Last edited by SFO777; Aug 17, 2016 at 9:08 am
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

how full was that shuttle that was delayed 2 hours?

re delays http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...5k-flight.html
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:32 am

One seat was empty, a no show.

The list was 12, 11 showed-up, Seat 6 was empty and one guy took the opportunity to move from the rear couch and to sit there.

This has been my favorite G-IV seat configuration yet.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
how full was that shuttle that was delayed 2 hours?

re delays http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...5k-flight.html
Attached Images  
Old Aug 17, 2016, 8:51 am

I still think two on the couch (*2) is just horrible. Nice that there was a no-show, but there's a reason someone jumped on seat 6 when he got the chance.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 12:40 pm

Another Alcohol Situation

On a member-initiated shuttle VNY-HPN right now. XOJets challenger 300. No beer or wine. On a cross country flight.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
On a member-initiated shuttle VNY-HPN right now. XOJets challenger 300. No beer or wine. On a cross country flight.
There's a rumor going around amongst the XO pilots that the JS members are out to steal all the alcohol. Had two different crews tell me this now.

On my flight last week they claimed they were out of booze, but after takeoff I asked if they had any gin on board and they pulled a huge bag on minis from the cargo hold. Explained that they hide it on JS flights because people steal it all, and that means they end up spending their layover going to liquor stores chasing down minis.

I can't really blame them... Frankly I can't see why anybody would be so desperate for a drink they'd steal it all, but I guess some of the dbags that JS sells memberships to think this is OK.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dordal
There's a rumor going around amongst the XO pilots that the JS members are out to steal all the alcohol. Had two different crews tell me this now.
On my flight last week they claimed they were out of booze, but after takeoff I asked if they had any gin on board and they pulled a huge bag on minis from the cargo hold. Explained that they hide it on JS flights because people steal it all, and that means they end up spending their layover going to liquor stores chasing down minis.
I can't really blame them... Frankly I can't see why anybody would be so desperate for a drink they'd steal it all, but I guess some of the dbags that JS sells memberships to think this is OK.
Considering their current target marketing, is any of this really a surprise?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by dordal

Taking all that at face value, there are actually plenty minis of booze on this flight. Just no wine or beer, which is all I would like to accompany my lunch.
Pilot says they don't stock beer or wine unless there's a special request to do so. JetSmarter website and marketing promises otherwise, however.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:57 pm

I love that plane.

Post some pics!

Taking all that at face value, there are actually plenty minis of booze on this flight. Just no wine or beer, which is all I would like to accompany my lunch.
Pilot says they don't stock beer or wine unless there's a special request to do so. JetSmarter website and marketing promises otherwise, however.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

operator(s) can change alcohol polices

the couches are kind of interesting option for couples/families traveling together

has anyone seen families onboard ?

what layout and 10 seats for the NY LON ?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
On my shuttle flight, the FA told us that JS supplies the wine, not the operator. The operator does not open up the liquor cabinet for JS flights.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 3:24 pm

Couches are an interesting option, in concept.

On Sunday on the HPN-VNY shuttle there was a family in the front occupying the couch and 2 seats facing each other. Two kids were on the couch and the parents were in the regular seats.

The layouts are different for each G-IV but generally there are two couches, on the NY to London shuttle the couches only have one person each.

Steve

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
operator(s) can change alcohol polices

the couches are kind of interesting option for couples/families traveling together

has anyone seen families onboard ?

what layout and 10 seats for the NY LON ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.