Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 11:24 am

My membership is expiring this month. I've asked Jetsmarter for a full refund as I couldn't enjoy my membership the last year the way I wanted to. And they've offered me a 12 months "new" membership for free.

I've refused and still asked for my full refund. Will sue them if they don't accept. Will join a group lawsuit with pleasure.

We have been scammed by JetSmarter. They sold us a membership with some clear benefits like free shuttle flights,.. And they even confirmed by email to members that old members will not be affected by their new plan. And as we all know, it's not the case.

I find this crazy. Meanwhile, they still send press reviews telling the world that they're growing, that they have a 3 digits extension rate,.. I'm sure that's it's 100% ......... The numbers don't add up.

We had tons of shuttles last year. Sometimes up to 20 per day between Miami and New York, now it's like few times a week. And it's the same principle with every single other shuttle. For some it's even worst as there is no avaibility at all (100% of shuttles in Europe, Russia, Middle East + some Americans routes ) Only a fool would trust what they're saying in press releases. They're scamming us + they're sending fake news.

I'm not gonna accept it.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:56 pm

A New York City-bound private jet made an emergency landing in North Platte on Monday after a 23-year-old man began yelling at other passengers and threatening to kill them shortly after takeoff, an FBI agent said in court documents.

Forty-five minutes after the jet picked up Maurice Paola in Las Vegas, Paola began arguing with the flight attendant, threatened to decapitate the other passengers and directly threatened a family with two children, ages 4 and 6, sitting in the back of the plane, according to an affidavit for his arrest.

The plane had picked up Paola as part of a flight-sharing service called JetSmarter. Passengers re-boarded after they had "decompressed," and the flight continued on to White Plains, New York, Cullinan said.

https://journalstar.com/news/local/9...e925fda1b.html
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:38 am
Suspended

JetSmarter PR spokesperson spends $17 million on a condo

As the commercial says, "membership has its privileges"

Publicist Ronn Torossian just paid $16.9 million for a unit at swanky 520 Park Ave., according to city property records.
It was an all-cash sale, according to two sources familiar with the deal.
Lawyer Edward Mermelstein was involved in the transaction, while Torossian’s lawyer, Petro Zinkovetsky, signed the deed. Torossian went into contract on the apartment in May.

Source: NY Post
https://nypost.com/2018/09/06/public...ark-ave-condo/
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:14 am

Class Action

There is an attorney in CA handling a lawsuit for breach of contract.
he contacted me and I have asked to join the suit
email me privately and I will provide you with his contact information
Old Sep 8, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by millions
A New York City-bound private jet made an emergency landing in North Platte on Monday after a 23-year-old man began yelling at other passengers and threatening to kill them shortly after takeoff, an FBI agent said in court documents.

Forty-five minutes after the jet picked up Maurice Paola in Las Vegas, Paola began arguing with the flight attendant, threatened to decapitate the other passengers and directly threatened a family with two children, ages 4 and 6, sitting in the back of the plane, according to an affidavit for his arrest.

The plane had picked up Paola as part of a flight-sharing service called JetSmarter. Passengers re-boarded after they had "decompressed," and the flight continued on to White Plains, New York, Cullinan said.

It's a good thing they've got Tom Ridge on their board of directors running their state of the art background checks and security systems. Imagine paying $25k to start a flight and having this psycopath threatening you and your family. And the flight crew of course has to barricade themselves and leave you alone with him as he threatens to decapitate you.

Check out a few of this guy's twitter posts immediately before the flight:

The next person that steps near my crib will have their head taken off their shoulders....fair warning
11:44 PM - 2 Sep 2018
Call the cops I dare ya they’ll get taken out on top of whoever else decides to tag along
6:39 PM - 1 Sep 2018
From a jail cell to the private jet lmao they can’t stop @ me
8:23 PM - 31 Aug 2018

Last edited by millions; Sep 8, 2018 at 12:02 pm
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:38 pm

JetSmarter probably charged the flight creator for the extra fuel needed to land and takeoff again to get rid of this maniac. I was on a flight once in Europe where a guy took all the bottles of alcohol on the plane, put them in his bag and walked off. You see all kinds on these flights.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:20 am

What a chump. Those are the exact people that shouldn't be flying shared private. Kid thinks his .... don't stink, yet he's nothing.

If convicted, Paola faces up to 20 years in prison. His next court appearance has been set for Sept. 10.
I wonder how it went yesterday..
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by mwood20
What a chump. Those are the exact people that shouldn't be flying shared private. Kid thinks his .... don't stink, yet he's nothing.

I wonder how it went yesterday..
The magistrate judge denied bail.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:16 am

Anyone here either doing a class action or is a lawyer and could help get money back?? I hate the idea of having wasted $12K (((
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:09 am

Class Action

Yes there is a small group of us working with an attorney in CA.
i am traveling this week but we have a call when I am back in the US
if u write me privately I will give you his contact information
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:19 am

I just did Send me his/her contact info privately if possible! I'd love to join...

Originally Posted by Jshater
Yes there is a small group of us working with an attorney in CA.
i am traveling this week but we have a call when I am back in the US
if u write me privately I will give you his contact information
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Lawsuits, layoffs, safety concerns, and now lack of flights cloud JetSmarter’s future

dupe dupe
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Lawsuits, layoffs, safety concerns, and now lack of flights cloud JetSmarter’s future

An in-depth look beyond JetSmarter’s legal woes, layoffs and last week’s safety incident to its actual flight schedules and how much you will end up paying for both single seats and to start shared flights

With a new lawsuit seeking at least $890,000 filed against JetSmarter last week in New Jersey and perhaps a dozen more customers contemplating legal action, Private Jet Card Comparisons has been told by multiple sources that as many as 40 people were laid off from the company over the past several weeks. In March 2017, its CEO Sergey Petrossov told the Miami Herald it had 260 employees.

It gets worse. For its current core offering which is the ability for members and now the general public to buy single seats on scheduled private jet flights for specific routes, in a number of cases there were very few or no shared flights scheduled through the end of October when I checked today and yesterday. In other words, the only way a member who may have paid thousands of dollars to join could buy a seat would be to start their own shuttle. The cost to start a shared charter flight by buying a specified minimum number of seats – typically two to four seats – was in several cases more than chartering an entire aircraft through a different broker, according to my analysis.

The average one-way price for flights between New York and South Florida was $1,695. Looking at Google flights I was able to find nonstop first class flights starting from $269 to $346 each way. Flights between New York and Los Angeles averaged $4,040 per seat for members of JetSmarter while American Airlines is selling flatbed first class seats for $2,179. Los Angeles – South Florida flights are running $3,243 per seat on JetSmarter compared to nonstop first class on American Airlines from $1,215. Overall, for the 38 flights where JetSmarter was selling seats that I tracked, the average fare per seat was $1,882, sticker shock for members who used to fly free and quite a bit more than first class fares that were available for purchase.
Source: Private Jet Card Comparisons

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...arters-future/
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:26 am

The magistrate judge denied bail.
Court order here: https://www.scribd.com/document/3885...etention-Order

Specifically, the court finds that the defendant has a history of harming or threatening harm to others, and with respect to the current charges, threatened to kill airplane passengers—including children—during a flight, necessitating an emergency landing; following that landing, he allegedly resisted arrest; he is addicted to or abuses mood-altering chemicals and is likely to continue such conduct and violate the law if released; frequently changes his residential address, with locations over the last eighteen months including Las Vegas, Los Angeles, friends’ homes, and being homeless; is self-employed with limited third party employment contacts; has significant mental health issues and aggressive tendencies which will pose a risk of harm if the defendant is released; conducted himself during the hearing in a manner indicating he is not taking the current charges, or the court’s authority over this case, seriously; and conditions which restrict Defendant’s travel, personal contacts, and possession of drugs, alcohol, and/or firearms; require reporting, education, employment, or treatment; or monitor Defendant’s movements or conduct; or any combination of these conditions or others currently proposed or available (see 18 U.S.C. § 3142(c)), will not sufficiently ameliorate the risks posed if the defendant is released.
According to the complaint, his luggage "reeked of marijuana" and the police found 45 grams (about an ounce and a half) of marijuana and $13,250.00 in cash in his carry-on bag. Of course, that's more weed than is legal even in Nevada, but it's a violation federal law, too, to carry marijuana on a plane. While transporting a relatively small amount of weed may be the least troubling aspect of this incident, I would be surprised if JetSmarter and other "shared private" companies avoid some serious attention to their security procedures from Congress or the FAA after this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Source: Private Jet Card Comparisons

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...arters-future/
While I do agree with the point of the article, it undercuts itself every time it compares the cost of JetSmarter to first class seats. Quit pointing out that private jets cost more then first class....no duh.
Nicoolio and dval44 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.