Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
TMC?

My first 2 shuttle flights had a fully stocked free bar. I think people were getting too hammered and damaging stuff.

They think they are all "gangsta" and they don't have any manners. #flyingprivate, yeah in a jet owned by someone else.

Originally Posted by SFO777
Wow, that's pretty bad.

IME, this was never charged on any of my TMC flights. The bar was always stocked and unlocked, and we usually had a couple of drinks.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:21 am

My last few shuttle flights to chicago had pretty much all the bar basics, just not fully stocked. Speaking of Chicago, did anyone else see they stopped using PWK and are using MDW? And now instead of the G4, it's a Falcon 8000. Jeeze PWK didn't even last 6 weeks, I wonder what happened.

Originally Posted by backdoc
TMC?

My first 2 shuttle flights had a fully stocked free bar. I think people were getting too hammered and damaging stuff.

They think they are all "gangsta" and they don't have any manners. #flyingprivate, yeah in a jet owned by someone else.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Haha when I flew four months ago or so the crew said "feel free to help yourself to snacks and drinks...but please don't clean us out."
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...ion-forum.html
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:04 pm

Shuttle or Empty Leg?

Did you fly a shuttle or "Empty Leg"?

Originally Posted by gooseman13
Haha when I flew four months ago or so the crew said "feel free to help yourself to snacks and drinks...but please don't clean us out."
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
TMC?
Travel Management Co., the original Jetsmarter empty leg provider, not longer a partner.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:21 pm

As expected, it's becoming nearly impossible to book a transcontinental shuttle without a few weeks' notice. Currently, if you want to get from NYC to LA, there's one seat (on a shared couch, in all likelihood) on June 30.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 4:56 pm

Yikes!

It must be all of those Kardashian wannabes that joined up last month.

Originally Posted by millions
As expected, it's becoming nearly impossible to book a transcontinental shuttle without a few weeks' notice. Currently, if you want to get from NYC to LA, there's one seat (on a shared couch, in all likelihood) on June 30.

Last edited by backdoc; Jun 13, 2016 at 5:01 pm
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by millions
That would be very annoying. I'm not surprised at the same time though because many creative industry people would be on that route. I can think of a number of folks I know that commercially take that route weekly.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:38 pm

Yikes!

It must be all of those Kardashian wannabes that joined up last month.
LOL yeah those types too. Many people would pay 12k for the possibility of flying with Kim and Kanye.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 8:34 pm

I can't even...

It's $15K now.

I wonder how much JetSmarter is paying the K's to promote?

Originally Posted by roaderman
LOL yeah those types too. Many people would pay 12k for the possibility of flying with Kim and Kanye.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:50 pm

It's $15K now.

I wonder how much JetSmarter is paying the K's to promote?
I would guess at at least a million, plus a few free flights. I remember seeing this article http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/12/kim-ka...t-private-jet/. I mean, you can't beat that publicity and you know it does not cheap.

If anyone follows Kanye (I loved his old work before going downhill. His new album isn't bad ), it probably cost an arm and a leg just to get him in that picture lol.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Much as I loathe their marketing, remember that Jay Z is a big investor in JetSmarter. Ergo, he can probably pull in some favors with the Kanye crowd.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:01 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving this wiki to the new FT Other Air Travel Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Thanks! Looking forward to this discussion continuing here!

One interesting note from today's WSJ article: JetSmarter has "more than 4,000 members". So lets assume that is an average of $7k per year, we are currently at roughly $28,000,000 annual revenues.

I wonder how much each of the shuttles costs to operate per year...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.