JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 19, 17, 1:45 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: elitetraveler
Wiki Link
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 30, 18, 12:18 pm
  #2176  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: Wheels Up, American Airlines, Jetmembership.com, Delta, Jetblue, Marriott
Posts: 23
I cannot believe this person is actually considering signing up for JS...have you read the rest of the forum on how terrible the product has become.
BusinessFlyer45 is offline  
Old Jul 30, 18, 3:42 pm
  #2177  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by BusinessFlyer45 View Post
I cannot believe this person is actually considering signing up for JS...have you read the rest of the forum on how terrible the product has become.
It is hisher/it’s first post.... I wouldn’t believe a word of it either.
SuperSaint is offline  
Old Jul 31, 18, 3:24 pm
  #2178  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 28
I think to be fair (not that they deserve it), the problem isn’t the quality of the service, but rather the bait and switch they did on current members. By selling us a product where we were led to expect the majority of our flights would be free and instead changing the model without informing us and making nearly every flight available at significant cost is really the crime here. Obviously a company who cared one iota about their customers would at least allow the membership to continue on agreed upon terms and then change them on renewal. If you actually go into the transaction knowing you will be paying $1200-$1700 per person to fly NY-Miami on a filled plane and choose to do that then I think you’re getting exactly what you signed up for. Now why someone would want to do that in order to avoid security lines and get to the airport 30 minutes later is another question, but at least the new people will be getting what they paid for.
EricSM is offline  
Old Aug 2, 18, 2:08 pm
  #2179  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 15
JS have a new “Signature Membership” Details as follows:

In addition to significant discounts on seat bookings and flight creations, our newest and most elite membership offers members top-tier benefits, including:
  • 2% back in flight credit on all purchases
  • Flexible cancellation policy
  • Dynamic pricing cap
  • Priority in-app booking visibility
  • Multiple users
As a valued member, you are eligible to prorate the remaining amount on your existing membership when you upgrade to our Signature tier. For membership details or to request pricing, please call your membership specialist today.

SuperSaint is offline  
Old Aug 2, 18, 3:29 pm
  #2180  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 363
Originally Posted by SuperSaint View Post
JS have a new “Signature Membership” Details as follows:

In addition to significant discounts on seat bookings and flight creations, our newest and most elite membership offers members top-tier benefits, including:
  • 2% back in flight credit on all purchases
  • Flexible cancellation policy
  • Dynamic pricing cap
  • Priority in-app booking visibility
  • Multiple users
As a valued member, you are eligible to prorate the remaining amount on your existing membership when you upgrade to our Signature tier. For membership details or to request pricing, please call your membership specialist today.

[vomit] yet *another* membership tier after they went one membership then no membership. Ugh. And super vague promises of “priority” and “caps.”

Stay away!!
dval44 is offline  
Old Aug 2, 18, 10:06 pm
  #2181  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 557
Originally Posted by SuperSaint View Post
JS have a new “Signature Membership” Details as follows:

In addition to significant discounts on seat bookings and flight creations, our newest and most elite membership offers members top-tier benefits, including:
  • 2% back in flight credit on all purchases
  • Flexible cancellation policy
  • Dynamic pricing cap
  • Priority in-app booking visibility
  • Multiple users
As a valued member, you are eligible to prorate the remaining amount on your existing membership when you upgrade to our Signature tier. For membership details or to request pricing, please call your membership specialist today.

I didn't see any information not their website -- how much is this new deal?
Nicoolio is offline  
Old Aug 5, 18, 5:36 pm
  #2182  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by Nicoolio View Post
I didn't see any information not their website -- how much is this new deal?
given how changeable they are, you can be guaranteed it’s too much.
Heuston is offline  
Old Aug 5, 18, 6:12 pm
  #2183  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New York
Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Posts: 1,599
Are there any "Private Jet Shuttle" like services btwn Moscow and St. Petersburg?
damaxer91 is offline  
Old Aug 5, 18, 8:11 pm
  #2184  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 557
Originally Posted by damaxer91 View Post
Are there any "Private Jet Shuttle" like services btwn Moscow and St. Petersburg?
I don't think so - but the way way to check is download the app -- and you can take a look at what they have scheduled.
Nicoolio is offline  
Old Aug 5, 18, 10:58 pm
  #2185  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Smithtown, NY
Posts: 2
This forum saved me $10k
Richierich92279 is offline  
Old Aug 5, 18, 11:15 pm
  #2186  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by EricSM View Post
I don’t disagree with you about Aura being another churn and burn but for the $100 you have to put up today as long as their routes make sense for you why not take the shot? It seems far better than JS and even if they’re in business for a year or two seems worthwhile. My two cents probably worth about that.
Jetsmarter (Part 3): Top 5 Reasons Why Private Jet-Sharing is a Failed Business Model

Another private jet flight-sharing startup, really?
combakkid is offline  
Old Aug 6, 18, 10:07 am
  #2187  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Posts: 91


Unfortunately, zero Inter-Russia flights according to the app.
WhyPrivate is offline  
Old Aug 6, 18, 5:12 pm
  #2188  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 363
Now 0/5 for attempted empty legs as of today.

Every single one has been canceled ahead of time.

It wasn’t like this when I was a member before. Are JetDeals getting less reliable, or am I just on a bad streak?


dval44 is offline  
Old Aug 6, 18, 9:47 pm
  #2189  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago
Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, Marriott PP, Hertz, JetSmarter
Posts: 238
Hopefully you weren't taking an empty to find a phone charger :-)

I haven't taken an empty this year at all to say. Hopefully you snag one
Townshend is offline  
Old Aug 6, 18, 10:00 pm
  #2190  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oakland CA
Programs: UA *G, AS MVPG, Globalist
Posts: 916
Originally Posted by dval44 View Post
Now 0/5 for attempted empty legs as of today.

Every single one has been canceled ahead of time.

It wasn’t like this when I was a member before. Are JetDeals getting less reliable, or am I just on a bad streak?
I think it's just a bad streak. I'm 2/3 in the last few months, and the one that bailed was due to a schedule change about 4 hrs out, so JS offered a commercial flight as a replacement. What has changed is that there are just less deals overall -- whereas before I might see 1-2 flights a day from the Bay Area, now I see <1.
dordal is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: