JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 19, 17, 1:45 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: elitetraveler
Wiki Link
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 28, 18, 1:01 pm

Programs: American Airlines, JetSmarter
Originally Posted by EricSM View Post
As impossible as it may be to believe, the app just updated today and you can once again book flights with tokens like before. Very strange.
My tokens are in prior bookings so I canít see the app normally, to confirm - token use is just as it was before?
Old Jun 28, 18, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold Club, Chase, JetSmarter, NCL
As impossible as it may be to believe, the app just updated today and you can once again book flights with tokens like before. Very strange.
Just noticed that a flight I had been searching (London - Paris) on 1 July only has one seat available but my token covers the full cost. I as well updated my app this morning and it seems to have changed. It doesn't appear that all flights allow you to do this but at least now I can book this flight complimentary.
Old Jun 28, 18, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by arthckr View Post

My tokens are in prior bookings so I canít see the app normally, to confirm - token use is just as it was before?
I noticed that too. I bet it's because enough Smart members complained. I definitely complained a lot.
Old Jun 28, 18, 2:57 pm

everybody is joining AURA. new and beautiful service by ZED Aerospace
Old Jun 28, 18, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by alex787 View Post
everybody is joining AURA. new and beautiful service by ZED Aerospace
When is AURA's first flight?

Website says 'in 2019' and LinkedIn shows a team of 1.
Old Jun 28, 18, 10:42 pm

Aura actually looks quite interesting if itís actually for real.
Old Jun 29, 18, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Wheels Up, American Airlines, Jetmembership.com, Delta, Jetblue, Marriott
Fella's and Ladies, For real deal charter rates direct from operators I joined Jetmembership.com. Its a simple tool and gives you the access to the operator ,operator pricing / tail number / insurance / year of manufacture / everything you need to book an airplane for the entire charter. Its $250 per month and works great. It cuts out all middlemen / brokers or anyone else from the transaction. You book direct with the operator and they normally give me 10+ options on every trip. They are also scheduled to launch an app this coming year, but working on the cell phone in my membership portal works great. Anyone else here a member of jetmembership.com ? thoughts?
Old Jun 29, 18, 8:34 am

^ lol at that sales guy
Old Jun 29, 18, 8:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Wheels Up, American Airlines, Jetmembership.com, Delta, Jetblue, Marriott
^ lol at that sales guy
Are you a sales person for AURA? because that's all you have posted about

I was simply asking what other people thought of a company that I joined. I also share my experiences with Marriott and wheels up and sometimes use Apollo Jets when wheels up cannot assist. Am I a salesman for them as well?
Old Jun 29, 18, 12:15 pm

bruned blackjet member, trying not to get burned again. never heard of this other charter biz.
Old Jun 29, 18, 12:58 pm
Suspended

bruned blackjet member, trying not to get burned again. never heard of this other charter biz.
Understood. There are a lot of scams out there now and I feel the same way. It seems like AURA is another turn and burn. Looks like a great idea, but the big carriers are going to smoke them. I just like the fact that there is a company that actually puts me in touch direct with the charter operator so I know what the value actually is.
Old Jun 29, 18, 1:10 pm

I donít disagree with you about Aura being another churn and burn but for the $100 you have to put up today as long as their routes make sense for you why not take the shot? It seems far better than JS and even if theyíre in business for a year or two seems worthwhile. My two cents probably worth about that.
Old Jun 29, 18, 2:54 pm
Suspended

I donít disagree with you about Aura being another churn and burn but for the $100 you have to put up today as long as their routes make sense for you why not take the shot? It seems far better than JS and even if theyíre in business for a year or two seems worthwhile. My two cents probably worth about that.
I would rather gamble $1000 on a three legged horse in the Kentucky Derby
Old Jun 29, 18, 6:08 pm

How about just gambling $900 on that nag and risking $100 on Aura because thatís all it is.
Old Jun 29, 18, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
How about just gambling $900 on that nag and risking $100 on Aura because thatís all it is.
$100 to get in early when the founder is a 21-year-old with no product, no team, no industry experience, and no funding. I really ought to get into the business of making flashy websites and asking for deposits on pie-in-the-sky private flight offerings.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: