Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
Newest iOS app update says non-members can now book on a pay-per-seat basis. If that’s the case, how does the new $5k membership plan deliver value?

Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by alex787
When did blackbird launch? I see them on social media advertising a lot.
I think they launched a few years ago. Looks likes they're still expanding.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:09 am

There's simply no logical reason to renew with JS. Nice while it lasted though.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TVCMH
Newest iOS app update says non-members can now book on a pay-per-seat basis. If that’s the case, how does the new $5k membership plan deliver value?

Are member rates different from non-member rates?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:34 pm

Yes, a flight costing roughly 700 for me is 3438 for a non member, which is laughable.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:01 pm
Suspended

JetSmarter launches non-member options

So it's true - but supposedly the pricing difference will entice non-members to join. Also non-members can start shared charters now - and all starters can sell seats they don't want to non-members. JetSmarter is also launching a jet card and says they will have 15 "branded" Gulfstreams flying by end of the year. Five are already flying. Prices for non-members for seats will be from $200 to $1,200 more on members depending on routes, time, etc.

Source - Private Jet Card Comparisons

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...-card-program/
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
Thanks for this info. Are non-members restricted to shuttles and shared charters?

Last edited by TVCMH; Jun 13, 2018 at 11:33 am
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Looks like grandfathered smart and sophisticated members are getting phased out quickly. Now only a few seats are available for use with a token. End is near..
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Similarly, on the new plan the SF->NYC transcons were below $500/seat for wide open flights two weeks ago. They were increased to $1,500/seat earlier this week, and as of today they’ve been jacked up to $2,000/seat. Anyone buying in today should expect the deal to change substantially week-by-week.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by Townshend
Looks like grandfathered smart and sophisticated members are getting phased out quickly. Now only a few seats are available for use with a token. End is near..
You mean just not many shuttles left that can use tokens? They're all 'VIP' now? Yeah. I feel bad for the Soph members that opted into the three year program -- if I'm not mistaken, they're paying for most shuttles now.

Unclear to me if the end is actually near. I've heard rumors that the 'VCs are running the show now' -- if that's true, they're probably trying to make the company profitable, which is pretty reasonable after (five?) years of operation. But if they're involved at a strategy level day-to-day, it would also mean they're willing to put more money into it. I still wouldn't hesitate to signup/renew, esp on the new 'Family' plan ( and indeed I just renewed about six weeks ago ), but I wouldn't do a three year deal for sophisticated.

Edit: and well to Sykes' point, I wouldn't hesitate if you're OK with the uncertainty of the shuttle market... that is likely to change to better reflect the costs of actually providing service, which does start to make JetBlue et. al more competitive for the transcons. The value is still all in the short haul, but I'm still not sure Jetsmarter gets that.

Last edited by dordal; Jun 21, 2018 at 10:58 pm
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: American Airlines, JetSmarter
I am SO pissed at their latest change.

“The JetSmarter APP just updated and there are now a select number of seats on our shuttles where members are able to utilize their tokens.

If it's giving you the following message, "All token seats on this flight have been booked by other members", it's because there are no more token eligible seats on that scheduled shuttle.”

There’s a MDW-FLL flight with 10 SEATS still available and it’s saying you can’t book with tokens. This is UNBELIEVABLE.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:24 pm

I rejoined a couple months ago and it pretty much conpleltely sucks now. I haven’t taken one single flight yet.

- there are virtually zero empties
- the empties that do post fill up immediately
- shuttles cost thousands of dollars

As Corey Lewendowski would say, “womp womp”
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
While the demise of JetSmarter has been long-speculated, these latest moves seem especially desperate--their model is essentially changing day-by-day. I wouldn't be surprised if their investors want to see a path to them reducing cash burn before they throw any more money their way.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by dordal
You mean just not many shuttles left that can use tokens? They're all 'VIP' now? Yeah. I feel bad for the Soph members that opted into the three year program -- if I'm not mistaken, they're paying for most shuttles now.
No though there is that as well. On shuttles there are a select few seats that you can utilize tokens with. On heavy jets it seems like the first 3 seats, on the smaller turboprops maybe 1 or 2. For example, there are 7 seats available from Chicago to NYC this Sunday. A Sophisticated or Smart member can't use tokens to book, but you can pay $700.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Sykes
While the demise of JetSmarter has been long-speculated, these latest moves seem especially desperate--their model is essentially changing day-by-day. I wouldn't be surprised if their investors want to see a path to them reducing cash burn before they throw any more money their way.
Agreed. Previously the question was is it worth the fee for the transcon flights. Now the question exists for every route. Is it worth at least $600 to fly on a light jet from NYC to Atlanta? I doubt a lot of people would think so
combakkid likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.