Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Did you ask if they would make it happen? Asked a while ago for a group (10+) and the only thing JS would do was to go back to 12k, waive the initiation fee and throw in some flight credit..
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:19 am

Are we allowed to sell seats ?

Just saw a random insta post. A guy is selling some shuttles seats thanks to the “give a seat” feature.

Are we we allowed sell them ?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by freq.flyer

Just saw a random insta post. A guy is selling some shuttles seats thanks to the “give a seat” feature.

Are we we allowed sell them ?
I havent read the fine print but...id guess no
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Most companies tend to frown upon customer's taking streams of revenue they aren't capturing
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:08 pm

So what’s up with JS these days? This forum has gotten pretty quiet.

Empties seem pretty much much the same...shuttles seem pretty much the same...Are members happy? Any big changes on the horizon? Does it seem like they are growing and succeeding?

I am a former js “smart” member and found out I have flown $1.2m worth of jets for $10k by their math!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by dval44

Empties seem pretty much much the same...shuttles seem pretty much the same...Are members happy? Any big changes on the horizon? Does it seem like they are growing and succeeding?

I am a former js “smart” member and found out I have flown $1.2m worth of jets for $10k by their math!
I check in on this forum every few days or so, but since I stopped being a Jetsmarter after 2 years, I'm not as invested in it as I once was.

But you shared an interesting metric-- it would be interesting to find out how many flights each member has taken after they end their membership.

For me, my membership cost $14,000 for two years and I've taken 25 flights
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:57 pm

How are VIP shuttles doing? I recall them expecting a big increase in number of flights where there are VIP Shuttles.

Does anyone have insights on renewals and new memberships?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
Originally Posted by imperialg
But you shared an interesting metric-- it would be interesting to find out how many flights each member has taken after they end their membership.
This data is now available in the profile section of the app. It takes the number of hours flown and multiplies them by an hourly cost per plane category (light, mid, heavy, etc). Interesting stat, but a little deceiving since the hourly rates listed are for an entire plane charter - not per seat. By this math, each occupied seat gets assigned the entire hourly charter dollar value.

Regardless, I've found tremendous value in my membership. It seems like JS has figured out their marketing identity (seem to now target business travelers instead of celebrities and influencers) and the benefits and rules associated with each membership tier. It also appears that on a handful of popular routes there are a lot more member initiated shuttles, which I'd assume speaks to the long term viability of the business model. I feel comfortable recommending JS to friends and colleagues.

On another topic, have other members been seeing sold out empty legs in the deals section? They were there for a while but seem to have disappeared.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by dval44

LOL, shared private 1.2M. big difference
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: delta
I love JETSMARTER!!!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by micky123
I love JETSMARTER!!!
is that sarcasm??
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold Club, Chase, JetSmarter, NCL
Anyone taking the JS shuttle to the Super Bowl? I see they just launched one from Boston.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by travelnat95
Anyone taking the JS shuttle to the Super Bowl? I see they just launched one from Boston.
I am thinking of going to the game (from LA), but I can't think of why I'd want to spend $8,200 to fly on a crowded GIV at exactly 11am on Friday and Monday, when I can spend $1,000 to fly rt in first on Delta on any number of flights that fit my schedule.

EDIT: Looks like fares are unsurprisingly up next weekend, so it'd be about $3,000 on Delta.
invalyd likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: delta
Originally Posted by vslayer100
is that sarcasm??
NOT sarcasm at all, I think that if you use jet smarter for what it is,,,a private membership for certain shuttles that occasionally gives you a gift of a empty leg that suits your needs,,,,the how do you not love it.......best idea ever.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:38 pm

I've been watching that one from Boston lol. There's still 9 seats left. Btw since when is a G4 15 seats? Think the dynamic pricing will go down anytime soon? Haha

Originally Posted by travelnat95

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.