Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by freq.flyer
Talked to a JS senior representative in Europe, they're gonna probably shut down the JetDeals, he told me that JetDeals weren't their priority anymore as they don't make a penny over them. That's probably the reason why they're slowly reducing the availability and replacing JetDeals with SharedCharters..
I am amazed that most JS reps I speak to seem to think jetdeals aren't a priority. To me they are the main event and everything else is just icing on the cake. They started with only jetdeals so they clearly believe in them I think they are just bitter that most of their ......... members are ruining everything by partying it up on the flights and operators are pulling out!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
I am amazed that most JS reps I speak to seem to think jetdeals aren't a priority. To me they are the main event and everything else is just icing on the cake. They started with only jetdeals so they clearly believe in them I think they are just bitter that most of their ......... members are ruining everything by partying it up on the flights and operators are pulling out!
Wow I hope not. If they do they're only going to have members left in NYC and LA (and maybe Miami). I certainly wouldn't keep the membership for the three shuttle flights a week from the Bay Area, and I think they'd lose pretty much everyone else in most non-shuttle cities.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by dordal
Wow I hope not. If they do they're only going to have members left in NYC and LA (and maybe Miami). I certainly wouldn't keep the membership for the three shuttle flights a week from the Bay Area, and I think they'd lose pretty much everyone else in most non-shuttle cities.
Yes, I agree. I signed dup a few year back because of the shuttles from chicago and the jet deals. They moved the chicago shuttles to Midway, which is about 2 1/2 hours from me, so they don't really help me. If the jet deals disappear, I might disappear too.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:17 am

Well they lost Delta Private Jets due to partying idiots trashing the planes. Hopefully they can move away from a majority frat boy membership and get some more empty leg operators on board.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:45 am

Well they lost Delta Private Jets due to partying idiots trashing the planes. Hopefully they can move away from a majority frat boy membership and get some more empty leg operators on board.
Nothing has changed; I wouldn't expect anything to change. My wife managed to snag a lone seat on an empty from the Bay to LA last week. Along with her, and one other solo gentleman, there were six party bros party broing it up. They immediately hit the mini bar, continued through the flight, and literally cleaned out what remained before they left.

This is what they wanted, this is what they got when they began their instagram hype, hired Jason Binn, and started offering up $3,000 memberships.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by millions
This is what they wanted, this is what they got when they began their instagram hype, hired Jason Binn, and started offering up $3,000 memberships.
It has a lot more to do with their marketing than the cost. If they kept the cost low but made it clear that you aren't allowed to act like animals. they would have a much more respected product. I'm actually hopeful that this million miler promo floods them with new respectable members and flushes out the party bros

Last edited by PbodyPhoto; Aug 2, 2017 at 11:24 am
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:42 pm

It has a lot more to do with their marketing than the cost. If they kept the cost low but made it clear that you aren't allowed to act like animals. they would have a much more respected product. I'm actually hopeful that this million miler promo floods them with new respectable members and flushes out the party bros

Just have a look to their terms, it's 100% clear that they're cancelling your membership if you don't behave well onboard.

This is not why they're reducing JetDeals, it's a financial issue. It appears to be very expensive for them and they're loosing money over it. It's quite simple actually..
Talked to a previous JetDeal operator, they told me that JetSmarter are asking them to bargain the flights + special conditions which they can't agree (exclusivity of their empty legs flights + non publication of the empties to others websites,...!).

I just had a look through their website, there is no more information about the JetDeals. Quite strange.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by freq.flyer
Just have a look to their terms, it's 100% clear that they're cancelling your membership if you don't behave well onboard.

This is not why they're reducing JetDeals, it's a financial issue. It appears to be very expensive for them and they're loosing money over it. It's quite simple actually..
Talked to a previous JetDeal operator, they told me that JetSmarter are asking them to bargain the flights + special conditions which they can't agree (exclusivity of their empty legs flights + non publication of the empties to others websites,...!).

I just had a look through their website, there is no more information about the JetDeals. Quite strange.
My totally speculative guess is the XOJets deal had a one year term, and XOJets has already notified JetSmarter it will not be renewed in September.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:17 pm

I don't understand why jetsmarter demands total online exclusivity of empty legs. Surely they would have more success if they requested exclusivity on jetdeals within 12 hours of departure.

If they lose jetdeals I dare say they will lose a ton of members too!

they would need a much more extensive shuttle selection to keep me interested otherwise. What happened to the seasonal shuttles they used to offer to places like the hamptons, Montreal, and the Kentucky derby?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by millions
My totally speculative guess is the XOJets deal had a one year term, and XOJets has already notified JetSmarter it will not be renewed in September.
My understanding is that it's a five year contract, but that was from whenever they first started, not from the increased/improved deal in Sept 2016. It's possible that was one year and replaced the five year agreement, but I doubt it. I'm sure the contract does have outs though... JetEdge obviously did with their seven year contract that lasted a year.

I've not heard anything to corroborate this rumor yet, so I'm not going to stress about it too much for now. I do think JS should be careful if they're thinking about it though.... while they need to kick out the bros, no more empty legs is going to mean losing members all over the place.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:07 pm

My understanding is that it's a five year contract, but that was from whenever they first started, not from the increased/improved deal in Sept 2016. It's possible that was one year and replaced the five year agreement, but I doubt it. I'm sure the contract does have outs though... JetEdge obviously did with their seven year contract that lasted a year.

I've not heard anything to corroborate this rumor yet, so I'm not going to stress about it too much for now. I do think JS should be careful if they're thinking about it though.... while they need to kick out the bros, no more empty legs is going to mean losing members all over the place.
XOJet has invested in JetSmarter, they should continue to work together. I don't know what's going on with them..

Globeair & Jetsmarter announced a 5 years contract for JetDeals and we all know that this deal has been terminated. It's probably the same for JetEdge.. Something is definitely going on.

I definitely hope that they're thinking about this. Everyone should be reminded that we had 0 JetDeals in Europe for more than a month in April/May.. I almost thought about asking Amex for a refund at that time..
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:10 pm

Yeah, like I said, total speculation. But it's not uncommon for deals to be automatically renewed unless one party gives written notification before 30,60,90,120 of days of the end of term.So it could be a "5-year deal" that is really a series of auto-renewing 1-year deals with termination options.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by PRoth59
So then the 1PM nyc-atl and 4pm atl-fll def isn't doable, right?
Only if you're planning on flying ATL-FLL on Delta
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by WhyPrivate
Only if you're planning on flying ATL-FLL on Delta
Yeah "settled" for an ATL run. NYC to miami always ends up cheap somewhere somehow anyway.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:35 am

empty legs jetsmarter wheelsup etc

Jetsmarter smart member here. Empty legs are the only true value to me. I'll leave my membership in that case.

But anyway, where else CAN we find empty legs?

1 jetsmarter
2 wheelsup "hot deals". does anyone have wheels up? how is the availability?
3 where are delta private jets empty legs now? nowhere?

4 anywhere else we can look?

-a

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.