Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Which tail number were you on?

On N144PK there was a table at the tail end of the sofa that pulled out and flipped down. We were sitting in 2 and 4, the two single seats facing each other across from the sofa.

Originally Posted by millions
The sofa is terrible. Fortunately, i had the whole sofa to myself, so I was able to take my shoes off and lie down. But when not doing that, there is literally not enough room in the aisle for the flight attendant to get by without contortions.

There is no table. (well, on the GIV setup I was on yesterday, anyway). You have to hold your food on your lap. There were drink holders to the side of the sofa, at least.

Likewise, if you want to use your laptop, it will go on your lap. And there were no outlets within reasonable reach, either.
Old May 10, 2016, 2:55 pm

Since different owners spec different options...

On my last HPN-VNY flight I sat across from the sofa and there was a pull out table at the aft end of the sofa. I'd never seen that before so I was surprised when I saw the flight attendant make magic.

Steve

Originally Posted by oenophilist
I asked this before but still never saw a reply: how do they handle drinks and snacks on the sofa seats? Is there a place to put them? A table that pulls out? And likewise is it possible to use a laptop there?

My biggest fear, frankly, is being assigned a sofa seat. I don't mind sitting across from someone, I do that on trains all the time. But I am not a fan of not having a table available.
Old May 10, 2016, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
The sofa is terrible. Fortunately, i had the whole sofa to myself, so I was able to take my shoes off and lie down. But when not doing that, there is literally not enough room in the aisle for the flight attendant to get by without contortions.

There is no table. (well, on the GIV setup I was on yesterday, anyway). You have to hold your food on your lap. There were drink holders to the side of the sofa, at least.

Likewise, if you want to use your laptop, it will go on your lap. And there were no outlets within reasonable reach, either.
Could be worse, it could be the belted lav seat!
Old May 10, 2016, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by backdoc
On N144PK there was a table at the tail end of the sofa that pulled out and flipped down. We were sitting in 2 and 4, the two single seats facing each other across from the sofa.
Re: Which tail were you on

As I said earlier, N444QG.

Name:  pra_gulfstreamgivsp_n444qg_int_2.jpg
Views: 2437
Size:  427.6 KB

Though the cupholder "armrests" weren't there (I suspect they attach with velcro, like the cushions), the horrific upholstery was.
Old May 10, 2016, 7:08 pm

Yikes! That's vile.

Sorry I didn't scroll back far enough to find your tail number.

That is one TARGET level design job for sure. I'm sure they paid someone big bucks for that.

I thought that you were on the forward cabin couch. Name:  th_G-IV-SeatingPlan.jpg
Views: 2152
Size:  3.2 KB

Ugh, that's bad, that and we're spoiled.

Steve

Re: Which tail were you on

As I said earlier, N444QG.

Attachment 8573

Though the cupholder "armrests" weren't there (I suspect they attach with velcro, like the cushions), the horrific upholstery was.

Last edited by backdoc; May 10, 2016 at 7:29 pm
Old May 10, 2016, 8:46 pm

My layout:

Name:  ncldsz.jpg
Views: 2326
Size:  18.8 KB
Old May 12, 2016, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Thank goodness I got out before I had to fly with Kim and Kanye.
Money must be tight if they have to fly a Jetsmarter shuttle.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/12/kim-ka...t-private-jet/
Old May 15, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage / JetSmarter / AMEX Business Gold, Plat, SPG
Lol.. Price raise = pricing people out due to load issues?
Old May 17, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by slay0r
Lol.. Price raise = pricing people out due to load issues?
No, at $9k a year their model cannot be sustainable. June 1 it is going to $10k/yr and $5k initiation.
Old May 21, 2016, 2:25 pm

I will not be joining

I was on the verge of joining but after a series of disappointing experiences, I have decided against it. To begin with, I found the attitude of reps to be arrogant and generally not accommodating. When I asked questions about details of the program, the guy lectured me about the benefits of private aviation and then asked me if I ever flew private before. The condescension was breathtaking. Do I want to deal with a twenty something-year-old salesman addressing me as "buddy?" I don't think so. I hear lots of complaints from people I know who have joined and now regret it for a variety of reasons. Under the circumstances, I question the viability of the company as I don't think the management really gets it. The business model as it is now will likely fail. Luxury product buyers want and deserve to be respected and appreciated by the salespeople or "agents" peddling such product. We have choices. We want our phone calls returned. I am not joining Jetsmarter.

Last edited by Sky Diver; May 21, 2016 at 6:19 pm
Old May 21, 2016, 2:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Given the number of people here that are either not joining (who have the disposable income to do so) or are not renewing, I wonder who IS joining? I am massively turned off by the marketing and sales, but I am also rather enjoying the service. It worries me greatly how they are mismanaging the sales and marketing side of things.
Old May 21, 2016, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Given the number of people here that are either not joining (who have the disposable income to do so) or are not renewing, I wonder who IS joining? I am massively turned off by the marketing and sales, but I am also rather enjoying the service. It worries me greatly how they are mismanaging the sales and marketing side of things.
Agree with you. Hate the current marketing strategy. But what do I know as they appear to be doing a good job of hyping the service to new members right now. But JetSmarter reminds me of a Ponzi scheme. As long as they keep adding members and money faster than they spend it, life is good. But what happens when members don't renew and new monthly cash flow starts to slow down? I just don't see how this is a sustainable business model.

Last edited by SFO777; May 21, 2016 at 6:22 pm
Old May 22, 2016, 11:05 am

Yeah, who is their demographic?

By the advertising their demographic is a Kim/Kanye follower that desperately want to be SEEN as rich. I can say from experience that there is a mix of douchey DJ/Club promoters and business entrepreneurs. There is a concern expressed by other members, while on shuttle flights, that this business model can't possibly be sustained. So, we are all trying to use the service to its fullest before it vanishes.

I too am enjoying the service.

I fly tomorrow from Van Nuys to White Plains with (weather permitting) helicopter transport into NYC. The next trip is Oakland to White Plains in early June.

For my own selfish reasons I really hope that they can keep it going and add NYC-London shuttles, that is the Holy Grail to me.

Last edited by backdoc; May 22, 2016 at 11:13 am
Old May 23, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: UA 1K
You just described me. When leadership is marketing and promoting the opposite of what I'd like the service to be, it turns me completely off. I was initially very interested in JetSmarter, but have become increasingly less so as I've watched it develop.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:08 am

Smile Looking to ride as a companion on Jetstarter

Hi, is anyone willing to book me a flight, or let me ride along as a companion on their Jetsmarter membership? Maybe you have extra seats or don't like flying alone? I am looking to book a huge trip later on this year, but I would like to try out the service first before I decide on what I want to do. I am on the east coast in the NYC/DC/Philly area and willing to travel to Chicago, south florida or somewhere that allows me to get the full jetsmarter experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.