Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Other Air Travel including Private & Non-Airline Aviation
Reload this Page >

Signature launches Elite Class VIP for commercial pax at LGW

Signature launches Elite Class VIP for commercial pax at LGW

Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Lightbulb Signature launches Elite Class VIP for commercial pax at LGW

http://eliteclass.signatureflight.com/home

if this works and expands - wow

LGW
and
LGW > BGI on BA
LGW > GND on BA VS AA and others

source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/douggoll...-when-you-fly/

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 3, 2015 at 1:53 pm
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:58 pm

Shame it's LGW, as I'm hardly ever there. If it was LHR, I'd likely try this out.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

LHR is one of only airports where VIP is super expensive
(only beijing and shanghai may be similarly expensive)
Old Nov 4, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Well at 480 for the first passenger and 240 for each subsequent one - they aren't exactly giving it away.......

They took over the Outbound lounge which offered a similar service in Antigua earlier this year - they honoured the old Outbound Lounge price I'd paid - but if this is an example of their charges, I bet that got will have gone up ($100 USD if you are interested)
Old Nov 4, 2015, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

security and customs screening – all competed within the privacy and comfort of our facility.
enjoy a chauffeured drive directly to or from your aircraft

commercial flight’s arrival, step straight from your aircraft into a chauffeured vehicle whisking you back to our well-appointed Signature executive terminal...customs and immigration clearance
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: LH, SPG
Sounds a bit like departing from FRA in LH F. Or what you can buy from the respective airports in FRA, MUC or ZRH for about 500 euros on arrival or departure, regardless of airline flown.

I think the very private lounges, personalized security/customs/immigration and being driven to/from the plane add tremendous value and go a long way towards making air travel an actually nice experience, especially when holding an F ticket - it's too bad that there's absolutely nothing like it in many US airports (khm, MIA).

For what it's worth, AA's 5-star service is way more affordable and not a bad start. It's also available at most US airports provided you fly American. It doesn't exactly turn a BOS-JFK flight into a nice journey, but hey, one step at a time. I absolutely don't mind paying a bit on top of what's an already expensive ticket to make the airports suck a bit less.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

seems cheap vs expensive F/J, as mentioned F/J dont always skip queues
(let alone avoiding commercial terminal completely when that is the case)

from source >

Signature Flight Support, a network of over 100 private jet terminals around-the-world, often referred as FBOs

Right now a spokesperson for BBA Aviation, the parent of Signature said the expansion plan is to “hopefully” add the service for commercial passengers at Edinburgh and Antigua in the “near future.”

Jonna Mercercox, Station Manager for Signature at Gatwick told Forbes.com, “This is a very welcomed service at LGW and one we hope to be able to provide at other bases within the Signature network.”
from signature site >

The Grenada jet centre extends elegant St. George’s Suite service to guests traveling on British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, American Airlines and other leading airlines.
AA - so presumably not limited to flights from LGW

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 6, 2015 at 11:47 am
Old Nov 6, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
The Antigua one is already open - I used it in May this year.

Yes the experience is wonderful, especially given the new VC Bird terminal hadn't opened and the old one was hell on earth.

I was more than happy to pay $100 for two hours of pampering and the air conditioned minibus out to the plane, but nearly 500 for the same experience in Gatwick?? Nah - I'd rather pay 25 for the lounge and free fast track, and go and spend the rest on enjoying dining , drinks and experiences on my holiday!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-gatwick.html

i hear via PM that some on FT have used it at LGW, may not have posted about it yet
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by CarolynUK
The Antigua one is already open - I used it in May this year.

Yes the experience is wonderful, especially given the new VC Bird terminal hadn't opened and the old one was hell on earth.

I was more than happy to pay $100 for two hours of pampering and the air conditioned minibus out to the plane, but nearly 500 for the same experience in Gatwick?? Nah - I'd rather pay 25 for the lounge and free fast track, and go and spend the rest on enjoying dining , drinks and experiences on my holiday!
Very nice. I frequent Antigua many times during the year, how was the experience? I wish this was available for AA as well. Making it available to Oneworld would have been perfect.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

antigua not available for arrivals??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.