Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Only Randy Petersen
Reload this Page >

New Thread for Following FT's Teams in Competitours?

Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning

Hi Randy,
I've been following the original thread for recruiting FT Teams for Competitour but was wondering if there will be a new one started for the FT Teams to post info on themselves and also daily updates during the Challenge.

Thanks for FT and for sponsoring these teams.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...mpetition.html
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:34 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

Good question and pretty timely.

We actually have a blog set up for the various teams to post to and it will allow not just comments but pictures and even videos. Because of the challenges to hosting videos here on FlyerTalk, we have chosen to use BoardingArea.com as the location of the blog for this event. The event begins this coming weekend and the teams are just now getting used to posting to the blog, etc.

We will be starting a new thread here in CommunityBuzz! that will explain the travel competition, provide a basic bio of the teams that FlyerTalk is sponsoring and then provide the direct link to the blog which will be hosted over on BoardingArea. By having the thread begin here on FlyerTalk, our members will be able to engage their own comments with our members. This thread will also link to the current and other threads related to the travel competition so we'll all known where everything is at. The team here at the House of Miles designed the blog last week and we think it will work for its intended purpose allowing to to see all the comments and pictures and videos or with a simple click, follow a particular team.

I do know that this should be a lot of fun and the hope and purpose is the be a "You Are There" bridge to the travel competition. As a reminder, I have committed to sponsoring a team in the next travel competition that is scheduled later into the year.

And from the "are you kidding me?" file -- we supplied each FlyerTalk team with a variety of wardrobe and other things for their week of travel -- whatever they asked for, they got. I can confirm, that we did deliver via FedEx today, two FlyerTalk logo thong underwear. We are not sure the purpose or the use of these during the travel competition other than the idea was to pack light.

Again, a complete team blog has been set up and will be released by weeks end for the start of the travel competition which FlyerTalk has sponsored five teams and co-sponsored two additional teams.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Talking Wahoo! 5 Days and counting!

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
I can confirm, that we did deliver via FedEx today, two FlyerTalk logo thong underwear.

Just received in my email inbox!

Our records indicate that the following shipment has been delivered: Ship (P/U) date: Mar 9, 2009Delivery date: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 PMSign for by: Signature release on fileDelivered to: ResidenceService type: FedEx Standard OvernightPackaging type: FedEx BoxNumber of pieces: 1Weight: 2.00 lb.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:54 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

OK, to verify this delivery, what size and color were the aforementioned FlyerTalk logo thong underwear?

NOTE: This is a (choose from the following) 1) trick; 2) embarrassing; 3) shallow attempt to mislead readers; 4) TMI; 5) bradaggio; question.

Please enter your answer now!

Originally Posted by geo1005
Just received in my email inbox!

Our records indicate that the following shipment has been delivered: Ship (P/U) date: Mar 9, 2009Delivery date: Mar 10, 2009 2:34 PMSign for by: Signature release on fileDelivered to: ResidenceService type: FedEx Standard OvernightPackaging type: FedEx BoxNumber of pieces: 1Weight: 2.00 lb.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 2:30 pm

Wink Thong Logo-wear

I certainly can wait to see chexfan and Geo in their new 'wardrobe.'

Wonder if it has anything to do with their team name, but if you check out http://www.cafepress.com/ftbb.9726173 it's one-size fits all... it has to make you think it's "much ado about nothing"

When is the fashion show guys?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Well Randy, much to my delight, after racing home and opening the aforementioned FedEx delivery, I found NO thong! (pheew!)

And Elizabeth, thanks for modeling. I will have to consult with my cohort chexfan to see when we would like to schedule our viewing. I'll get back to you ASAP!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

geo I didn't get my box yet, so I don't know if our gifts have arrived or not.

Seriously, if Rudi can give Swiss Chocolates out, why cant we give thongs?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by chexfan
... if Rudi can give Swiss Chocolates out, why cant we give thongs?
Quod juced jovi, non liced bovi (what is appropriate for Jupiter, doesn't suit an ox)
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:09 pm

Rotflmao!!!

Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:04 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

The blog for this event is now live, though keep in mind that the actual travel competition does not start until Sunday, March 15.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/travelcompetewin/
Old Mar 14, 2009, 8:37 pm

We can shed a little light on the Thong

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
And from the "are you kidding me?" file -- we supplied each FlyerTalk team with a variety of wardrobe and other things for their week of travel -- whatever they asked for, they got. I can confirm, that we did deliver via FedEx today, two FlyerTalk logo thong underwear. We are not sure the purpose or the use of these during the travel competition other than the idea was to pack light.
Team Thelma and Louise have a theory on the subject...
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/travel.../march15team8/

I have yet to pack...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.