Too Many Bells and Whistles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Too Many Bells and Whistles

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2004, 8:47 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I vote to keep the features active and available.

I attempt to use color, font, styles, sizes and other types of formatting correctly whenever I use these features. If I do not feel they can be used correctly, I simply do not use them.

However, I find that in my personal experience with using FlyerTalk, much of the “abuse” of these features appears in the signature at the bottom of each post, which can easily be ignored, rather than appearing in the actual content of each post.

Please click here for instructions on how to ignore signatures, as well as an example of how these features which, when properly used, are far more helpful and more of an enhancement than a distraction.
Old May 18, 2004, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Lightbulb

parnel writes:

I say keep the features and let them "age" a little bit. Once people get tired of overusing them they will get used properly.
Good idea. I have seen very little over use, but then I don't read a lot of fora.
Old May 18, 2004, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not for me....I enjoy them!

I find myself in the minority; I like the bells and whistles. The colors, the fonts, choices.....I like how we can personalize a post.
Old May 18, 2004, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by parnel
I say keep the features and let them "age" a little bit. Once people get tired of overusing them they will get used properly.
Well, looks like we agree on something. @:-)
Old May 18, 2004, 9:31 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Like any other new features that FT Admin has chosen to give us - like personal messages, buddy lists, post notifications, smilies, post icons, thread rating etc ... leave it off or ignore using it if you do not care for it.
Actually it's less likely that we 'chose' to give you this than it was the standard default of the software we are using. Now that we've had almost two months to see how our members use FlyerTalk with a different technology solution, we'll start to make the changes we feel we are hearing from our members to make. For myself, I have defaulted to the old fashioned plain user interface for replies, even without the header.

Thanks for the input and again, now that i have finally caught up with a long string of other matters, will now turn back toward FT. We're looking to introduce the new interface shorty which also may help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.