Six Members Suspended for 30-Days, Eight Others Given Additional Warnings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Six Members Suspended for 30-Days, Eight Others Given Additional Warnings

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2003, 10:04 am
At Large

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MatthewClement:
I knew it. Randy has sold out to "the man".

jefro, I've said it once and I'll say it again.

Before you piss in the sandbox, remember who's sandbox it is.

</font>

As one who has felt the sting of Randy's suspensions I can say without a doubt he does things in the interests of the community and to be fair minded. Unfortunately when you are fair minded you leave a lot of debris on either side of the middle ground.
But, this should never deter Randy from doing what he has done and how he runs this site.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 10:30 am

Programs: FT Member # 642
I am always amazed that people get upset by what others do in FT. I take anything anyone says here very lightly. If I were to be suspended I would assume that I deserved it and if I didn't I guess I would find something else to do than surf FT for 30 days. Heck maybe I would be more productive.

People relax. We are here to have fun, meet people and share info. This should not be your life and if it is your life you're nuts and need some serious help.

Be nice kids.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Live and learn.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I really hope this isn't going to get me in hot water...just an observation.

Whenever Randy posts a message there is a mad stampede to say something. I've noticed this in other forums and threads as well. It is understandable...Randy owns the boards and has made miles and points not only accessible to many of us, but also his career.

I see the same thing in my business...call it a Rush to Dingo. My employees will break their neck or that of their co-workers to get to me first or to agree with me. Anyway, I'm not really making any valid point here just making an observation on even the suspension of some posters can become one of the most active threads around.

I tried to read the Sky is Falling stuff. Since I'm not a CO flyer at all, I found much of it confusing or just boring.

One thing that it was good for, however, was illustrating how tough it is for the written word to convey or communicate what the originator wants. I have long read posts of several of the posters involved here, espcially NJUPINTHEAIR and Oz and know that they typically post useful information and sometimes provoke thought.

We have seen an influx of posters here over the last year. I, for one, don't even recognize the USAir forum anymore. It is full of rude people who simply bash the airline but couch it in firm support of the employees who work there...whatever.

My point? It is tough to be a poster on FT these days. Pompous "Milesbuzz?" or "Try to search" oneliners do nothing to endear anyone to a poster new or old. Questioning the intelligence of another poster is not the way to make your point unless your point is that you are ignorant or want to start a flamewar.

Miles are dear to all of us but they are, in fact, simply miles. Don't let the annonimity of our screen names drag you into conduct you'd not follow around your boss or your most important customer.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Ooops. Forgot to say that I really don't care for employees who agree with me at every turn...I want questioning and healthy debate. Just trying to remove one of the many things someone here will glom on to and use against me.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 5:18 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kokonutz:
IJAFIBB. I've seen plenty of soap operas lately and, frankly, the ones put on by the pros are simply more enjoyable.

Now, can we please get back to what FT is supposed to be about? Is anyone interested in a happy hour in San Francisco this coming thursday?
</font>
Amen...
Old Sep 30, 2003, 7:35 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
NJUPINTHEAIR has helped me out on several occassions personally and is one of the most active members on the Marriott forum. I don't think he meant to get unruly and get the "hammer" thrown down at him and this has been one big understanding. If you look at his posts other than the ones relating to this issue, you will see that he contributes immensly to the forum.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 7:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zakami:
NJUPINTHEAIR has helped me out on several occassions personally and is one of the most active members on the Marriott forum. I don't think he meant to get unruly and get the "hammer" thrown down at him and this has been one big understanding. If you look at his posts other than the ones relating to this issue, you will see that he contributes immensly to the forum.</font>
Actually, NJUPINTHEAIR has been an exemplary 'community' member in my opine. He emailed me offline and helped get me a seven day award in Rome this last June.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum; MR:Lifetime Titanium
I do not follow these discussions on a regular basis well enough to have an idea about the suspension of these individuals.

What I DO know is that NJUPINTHEAIR has provided very valuable advice in the Marriott forum.

As a result of his sharing information , I was able to lower the price of 6 hotel rooms that we reserved during a conference last year in Baltimore. He continuously informs the readership of good deals @ Marriott hotels.

Although the suspension might indeed be warranted, it is my intent here to inform the powers-that-be that I, for one, am grateful to his participation in the Marriott Forum.

Thank you.

[This message has been edited by uncle wiggily (edited 09-30-2003).]
Old Oct 1, 2003, 3:20 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dingo:
Forgot to say that I really don't care for employees who agree with me at every turn...I want questioning and healthy debate.</font>
I just wanted to add that I agree with dingo.

Old Oct 1, 2003, 8:44 am

You and everyone else here...that was good. It actually took me a few reads to see the hilarity of it.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I think that there should be a ban on pontificators. They are nothing but flamers in disguise!

Kathy
Old Oct 1, 2003, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Ipse dixit.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KathyWdrf:
I think that there should be a ban on pontificators. They are nothing but flamers in disguise!

Kathy
</font>
Will you get off your high horse already, Kathy?

Old Oct 1, 2003, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eastbay1K:
Will you get off your high horse already, Kathy?

</font>

Kathy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.