Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedia.com coupons

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2009, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Expedia.com coupons

I booked 7 nights for a hotel via Expedia.com and I got coupon to get a $10 off each night's stay. (total of $70 off)

As there are some changes to my holiday, I need to cancel the 7th night.
I called Expedia.com and they took away the total discount ($70) from my refund of the one night's stay.

Has anyone experienced this as well? Just wondering if its fair to do that?

Sadly, I have no choice but to cancel my last night.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Did the terms of the $10 off per night coupon require a 7 night purchase?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I assume that the OP made 7 separate bookings of 1 night each in order to maximise the promo (a discount of USD 70 rather than 10). However, such bookings are likely to be violation of the Exp. T&C and for the promo - Exp found out and 'punished' the OP by removing the discount - you really can't blame Exp for this...
Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
While that's a reasonable assumption, the OP did state they got a coupon for $10 off each night.

Earlier this year, I do recall a $10 off per night promo, and used it myself on a two night stay. When you entered the code, it deducted $10 off per night and did not require booking each night separately. Any rush to judgement here with regard to the OP may be premature until they post an update.

However, if the terms and conditions do in fact state a one time usage, wouldn't the OP have at least been entitled to one night at $10 off rather than nothing at all?

Last edited by BEAV; Aug 17, 2009 at 6:39 am
Old Aug 20, 2009, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

Thanks for replying to my post.
Sorry, I was away for work for awhile.

Basically, the coupon is for min 2 or 3 nights, and min $75 per night.
I have met both criterias actually. I tried to look for the T&C, but can't find them... If you can let me know where to find Expedia coupon T&C, that will be great!

Thanks.

Originally Posted by BEAV
While that's a reasonable assumption, the OP did state they got a coupon for $10 off each night.

Earlier this year, I do recall a $10 off per night promo, and used it myself on a two night stay. When you entered the code, it deducted $10 off per night and did not require booking each night separately. Any rush to judgement here with regard to the OP may be premature until they post an update.

However, if the terms and conditions do in fact state a one time usage, wouldn't the OP have at least been entitled to one night at $10 off rather than nothing at all?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 10:48 am
Original Poster

I just sent the following email to Expedia.com. Shall wait for their reply and share their answer here.
cheers!

------------

Hi,

I booked a hotel stay earlier for 7 nights and I used a coupon to get $10 off per night. This coupon needs a min of 2 or 3 nights stay and a min of $75 per stay.

Due to unforeseen itinerary changes, I had to change cut short my hotel stay by 1 night. As such, my discount for the whole 7 nights were taken away.

Can I check if its the policy of Expedia.com to take away the entire discount if there are any changes made to the booking?

It doesn't seem to make sense as the $10 discount is given on a per night basis. After taking away 1 night, I am still eligible for the discount for the other 6 nights. Would need your kind advice on this please.

Thanks,
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:23 am
Suspended

hopefully, they will refund you the six nights 60.00 that you should be due. it's always such a hassle to have to write to customer care / follow up , etc. good luck to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.