Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Hotels.com vs Orbitz vs Expedia vs T'locity-international hotel booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Question Hotels.com vs Orbitz vs Hotwire-international hotel booking

I am visiting India for 3 days on a business trip and want to make a booking online. In the US, I always book directly at the airline/hotel website. But , I am not sure about the safety of the credit card transaction if I book directly with the hotel online in India. I have ruled out Expedia and Travelocity as they have pathetic service.

That's why I want to use one of these booking websites and use my US credit card. There will be some level of safety or guarantee. So, among these which is the best to book ? Best customer service ? I dont want to be on hold for 45 min or more with no help.

So, what do you folks suggest / recommend ? Thanks.

Last edited by deltheking; Jun 11, 2012 at 9:41 pm Reason: correction
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:48 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold

I go to India every year and I use yatra.com and makemytrip.com they are reasonable and trust worthy
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gotofly
I go to India every year and I use yatra.com and makemytrip.com they are reasonable and trust worthy
Thanks. So , I am assuming you use them and book the hotel using your US credit card while you are in the US itself .

That way, I will not have the hassle of paying in India. I could have a confirmed reservation before leaving the US.

Just a query. Makemytrip has so many negative reviews and no one seems to recommend it . So, is it trustworthy ?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold

I will go with yatra.com as that is better than makytrip and you can pay with us credit card on yatra just remember to carry that card with you and try to charge the poking with a card which does not charge foreign transaction fee like chase British air or am exp platinum
Old Jun 12, 2012, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Any info on Ebony Boutique hotel, Road # 2 , Banjara Hills ? That is much closer to my preferred place. Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:49 am

I will check with my family in India and let you know about the hotel what cities you are visiting in India
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:58 am

I did check and found out it is a nice hotel and will cost around $65 to $70 per night if you want some thing nice the Sheraton hotel kakatia at begumpath is ver nice and costs about $125 per night
http://mobile.usablenet.com/mt/www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1119
Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by gotofly
I did check and found out it is a nice hotel and will cost around $65 to $70 per night if you want some thing nice the Sheraton hotel kakatia at begumpath is ver nice and costs about $125 per night
http://mobile.usablenet.com/mt/www.s...ropertyID=1119
Thanks. I am visiting only Hyd and will be staying for 3 nights. That's why I was thinking if Ebony Boutique will be a good choice b'cos it is very close to my work place and has buffet and internet. Also, half of the day - most of the day from 9am to 5pm - I will not be in the hotel - so that's another consideration.

Have any of your friends/family stayed at Ebony ? If so , how were their experiences ?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:25 am

Unfortunately I don't know anyone personally who stayed there but the reviews are ok it is a moderate hotel like comfort inn or days inn
Have fun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.