Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Priceline: Booking Hotel for Others Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2007, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

I want to know if I use Priceline for a hotel in Montreal am I able to purchase the room using my credit card for someone else? I want to book the room for two friends.

Is it necessary for my card to be shown for them to check in or do they just need the confirmation paperwork?

How do I make sure their names are on the reservation?

Has anyone very done this before? Is it allowed?
Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2007, 5:16 pm

Yes, I've done this several times for people. When you are doing the Priceline bid, it asks you for the name(s) of the people for whom you are reserving the room(s). Just make sure to put your name, not theirs. The name on the credit card you use at the last step before launching the bid is irrelevant to the names on the reservation.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

ahallflyertalk
you wrote:

When you are doing the Priceline bid, it asks you for the name(s) of the people for whom you are reserving the room(s). Just make sure to put your name, not theirs.

if I put my name then how do they get the room when they arrive at the hotel? Is there nowhere where I enter their names?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 6:07 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by citylover
if I put my name then how do they get the room when they arrive at the hotel? Is there nowhere where I enter their names?
I think ahallflyertalk meant to say to book the room in their name, not yours. Methinks they mixed up their pronouns.

It should be no problem booking it in their name, just make sure they are prepared to show an ID upon checking in if asked for it, and they may want to bring the printout confirmation just in case.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 6:13 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
It's fine, I've done it plenty of times before as well. Keep in mind that the folks checking in will still need to present a credit card of their own for incidental expenses in most if not all cases.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by lo2e
I think ahallflyertalk meant to say to book the room in their name, not yours. Methinks they mixed up their pronouns.
Oops! Yeah, sorry, nothing like swapping the most important two words in my entire post and totally changing the meaning. Yes, put their name(s) not yours.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

ok thanks everyone
Old Nov 8, 2007, 5:21 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by citylover
I want to know if I use Priceline for a hotel in Montreal am I able to purchase the room using my credit card for someone else? I want to book the room for two friends.

Is it necessary for my card to be shown for them to check in or do they just need the confirmation paperwork?

How do I make sure their names are on the reservation?

Has anyone very done this before? Is it allowed?
Thanks
Use ebates portal to go to Priceline and you will get a 2 percent rebate - your "commission!" ^
Old Nov 19, 2007, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Watchful
Use ebates portal to go to Priceline and you will get a 2 percent rebate - your "commission!" ^
You get a 3% rebate at Fatwallet.

http://www.fatwallet.com/cash-back-coupons.php
Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:40 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jlawrence01
You get a 3% rebate at Fatwallet.

http://www.fatwallet.com/cash-back-coupons.php
Use Fatwallet for 1% more!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.