Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page > Hotel Refunds due to security mess?

Hotel Refunds due to security mess?

Old Aug 13, 06, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA 1MM PLT, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Hotel Refunds due to security mess?

Has anyone been able to get refunds for hotel reservations made through priceline? I have a reservation at the Sofitel Chicago for Thursday night, but because of this security mess, I'm going to fly in and out on Friday instead of spending a night (since I don't want to show up at the meeting with bad breath since I couldn't brush my teeth). Priceline is saying the Sofitel is refusing to allow for a refund (I'm happy to take credit), and Sofitel is saying I have to work it out with Priceline. Given the Airlines are being reasonable and allowing for changes, I don't see why priceline / the hotels are not issuing similar credit.
Old Aug 13, 06, 3:12 pm

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to brush your teeth? You can't have toothpaste in your carry-on, but surely the Sofitel will be able to provide toothpaste.
Old Aug 13, 06, 6:52 pm

Try powder tooth 'paste', and if you can't find it, try baking soda.
Old Aug 17, 06, 6:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
Sorry but I don't see how the current security situation as a big deal. Just for the record I have flown twice since this started and fly again tomorrow.

Most hotels have ramped up the amount of complimentary toiletries that they have. Have you called them and asked if they are offering toothpaste? If they are not offering it complimentary I bet the gift shop has it.
Old Aug 17, 06, 7:20 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Unlike the situation immediately after 9/11, airlines are still flying and people are still traveling. I seriously doubt that Priceline is going to refund your $$ because you can't put toothpaste in your carryon.
Old Aug 17, 06, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, spg & pc plat, marriott gold
priceline will refund your money if your flight is cancelled and you can't make it to your hotel (they did it for me when an outbound flight was cancelled due to hurricane rita) but since this is a case of your choosing not to get to the hotel, they're not required to do anything.
Old Aug 17, 06, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by mdavies
Has anyone been able to get refunds for hotel reservations made through priceline? I have a reservation at the Sofitel Chicago for Thursday night, but because of this security mess, I'm going to fly in and out on Friday instead of spending a night (since I don't want to show up at the meeting with bad breath since I couldn't brush my teeth). Priceline is saying the Sofitel is refusing to allow for a refund (I'm happy to take credit), and Sofitel is saying I have to work it out with Priceline. Given the Airlines are being reasonable and allowing for changes, I don't see why priceline / the hotels are not issuing similar credit.
No need to worry. Even if the Sofitel gift shop/front desk can't help with toothpaste, you are in luck anyway:

Walgreen Drug Stores
933 N State St, Chicago, IL

Walgreen Drug Stores
757 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL
Old Aug 17, 06, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think it's a reasonable request to ask the hotel for a refund. It was your decision not to fly! Sorry!

Search this Thread