FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/)
-   -   Did PL reduce the rebid wait time? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/534357-did-pl-reduce-rebid-wait-time.html)

jpdx Mar 8, 2006 12:11 am

Did PL reduce the rebid wait time?

I've been able to re-bid for my Shanghai hotels the next day without making additional changes -- did Priceline get rid of the 72-hour wait?

WillTravel Mar 8, 2006 12:25 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
I've been able to re-bid for my Shanghai hotels the next day without making additional changes -- did Priceline get rid of the 72-hour wait?

Yes, it's now a 24-hour wait.

curbcrusher Mar 8, 2006 3:28 pm

That is fantastic news. When did this change happen?

humanoid94 Mar 8, 2006 6:44 pm

Wow... I had not heard about this. This is really great news and makes it easier to try to lowball the market.

farmerblanche Mar 8, 2006 7:08 pm

Yes I made bids for montreal last night and just rebid tonight and got the Hyatt for $53. No more waiting for three days!!!

jpdx Mar 8, 2006 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by WillTravel
Yes, it's now a 24-hour wait.

Thanks, that's great news!

tkey75 Mar 9, 2006 10:32 am

Originally Posted by humanoid94
Wow... I had not heard about this. This is really great news and makes it easier to try to lowball the market.

Exactly. Especially in places like London where there are no free re-bids for a 4*.

SAT Lawyer Mar 9, 2006 1:33 pm

Outstanding. ^

GUWonder Mar 9, 2006 2:05 pm

I've more had winning bids on priceline.com for hotels in some countries with less than 12-hours before check-in and even on day of stay. Is that new?

jpdx Mar 10, 2006 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I've more had winning bids on priceline.com for hotels in some countries with less than 12-hours before check-in and even on day of stay. Is that new?

I don't think that's new. I've bought rooms mere minutes before check-in in the past (US, UK, and France; they may have extended this to other countries). In my experience, last-minute bookings do not impact price as much as one might imagine given the perishable nature of the product.

Bogey90 Mar 15, 2006 6:37 pm

With a few free rebids and only a 24 hour wait before a new search, using Priceline just got easier.

ILuvParis Mar 16, 2006 9:15 pm

This happened to me yesterday - I just thought it had something to do with the city I was bidding on. Excellent.

Chris26WI Mar 17, 2006 7:43 am

I think they lost many customers who just switched over to PL Asia (which doesn't have waiting times but only minimum-increase-levels) after been rejected on PL US.

chobby100 Mar 17, 2006 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Chris26WI
I think they lost many customers who just switched over to PL Asia (which doesn't have waiting times but only minimum-increase-levels) after been rejected on PL US.

I doubt it - that's inside baseball to most users and most are not as saavy as us FT'ers