Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever get a Hotwire refund?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2011, 12:47 pm

How to get a refund from Hotwire

Here are some tips for getting a refund from Hotwire.

How to get a refund from Hotwire

Last edited by t8937; Aug 23, 2011 at 1:14 pm
Old Aug 4, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by kwildnj
Absolutely not the case. Had a reservation 3 summers ago in the Charlotte area. Inbound flight canceled due to Thunderstorms. -- Next available flight wasn't until next day. Neither Priceline nor the Hotel directly could do anything.
I have had it happen twice and they didn't even ask for any proof that I was on a flight that was canceled. They simply immediately refunded with a phone call.

I have read similar stories on this forum.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 9:07 pm

This is good info as I'm looking at a Priceline stay for tomorrow night and Sunday night in New Orleans... and my flight out tomorrow may very well get cancelled.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Please report back.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:25 am

Any chance I could get a refund?

I bid on a 2.5 star LAX El Segundo area hotel. Sadly El Segundo area is not on hotwirerevealved. So when I got the hotel name, I googled it. Ramada Plaza Hotel LAX El Segundo has very poor reviews. Most people call it a dump. People reported issues like dirty room, bugs in the room, holes in the blanket, stains on the sheets, mystery charges upon checkout, hotel run out of towels.

However, this hotel is still rated 2.5 stars elsewhere. Is there anyway that I can get a refund based on these complains? Any help will be appreciated.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 11:41 am
In memoriam

"Sadly El Segundo area is not on hotwirerevealved."

Yes it is, under Los Angeles, and this Ramada is listed there. It's also rated 2.5* by Priceline and whatever Hotwire has, Priceline will have for less so it's very likely you overpaid as well.

Why didn't you bid on Priceline since you are posting on BiddingForTravel today anyway?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Sheryl
"Sadly El Segundo area is not on hotwirerevealved."

Yes it is, under Los Angeles, and this Ramada is listed there. It's also rated 2.5* by Priceline and whatever Hotwire has, Priceline will have for less so it's very likely you overpaid as well.

Why didn't you bid on Priceline since you are posting on BiddingForTravel today anyway?
I tried on priceline, and raised my price to $60 but still no takers. So I reverted back to hotwire.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:41 pm
In memoriam

I wonder if it's now rated 2* by Priceline. You can determine that by checking Priceline's regular booking service.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:47 pm
In memoriam

I just checked Priceline's retail service and that Ramada is now rated 2*.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 12:52 pm
In memoriam

I just checked Priceline's retail service and that Ramada is now rated 2*.
It was already a 2* on the BiddingForTravel Los Angeles Hotel List. That's exactly what I suspected because as I've said repeatedly here on FlyerTalk and on BiddingForTravel, whatever Hotwire has, Priceline will have for less and that Hotwire frequently rates hotels higher than Priceline does.

Stick with Priceline.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
refund issues aside, hotwire's product at times can be superior in some ways to priceline and it sometimes worth paying extra for a discounted since HW reveals amenities, bed choice, and has different geographic zones from PL. PL is not always the best option even if it might usually be the cheapest option.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:09 am
In memoriam

I don't think anyone has ever disputed that but for many of BiddingForTravel's users, the lowest price always prevails and just as you found, Hotwire's ratings cannot be trusted at times, more frequently than Priceline's ratings.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:11 am
In memoriam

Your comment about bed choice is not accurate as neither Priceline nor Hotwire guarantee bedding preferences as stated on their respective websites.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Your comment about bed choice is not accurate as neither Priceline nor Hotwire guarantee bedding preferences as stated on their respective websites.

In case you are unaware, hotwire has "bed choice" as an option for some properties.

Choose your beds. Rest assured.

We understand that sometimes you want to be assured of the number of beds in your room. Select an available option if you'd like to reserve your beds.
This features is not available on PL's opaque bidding product. Certainly the hotel still has final word on room assigned regardless of HW bed choice feature. Nevertheless, I stand by my previous comment that for some consumers this is a useful feature that can be worth paying more for.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 8:40 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust

In case you are unaware, hotwire has "bed choice" as an option for some properties.
I was unaware. Is it a guarantee though? That doesn't seem possible to me. It sounds more like Hotwire wanting to appear they offer something that Priceline doesn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.