Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Web Site

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2004, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Travel Web Site

I saw a reference to http://www.flight-picks.com/ claiming it was "easy to use and you can search by fare class. Once you've fond your fare you can read the 'rules' and see if it's upgradable, too."

Usually when you see messages like that someone is spamming you to a site where they get paid for bookings. This seemed straight up and prices were equal to or even better to the major sites.

There seemed to be better information than most sites although I could not find where it said whether a DL Q fare was upgradeable. It had an option to sort by available seats, a blessing if it really works.

You guys are the experts. Is http://www.flight-picks.com/ as good as it seems to me?
Old Jan 25, 2004, 10:27 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
mshaikun, welcome to FT! Your post is best discussed in our Online Booking forum within the FT Travel division of FT. Since this Community forum is really designed for arranging FT get-togethers and sharing related personal information, I'll move your question there, to the Online Travel Bidding and Booking forum. Please follow it there.
Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 5:54 am
Original Poster

This forum seems a bit dead. I would sure appreciate some comments on http://www.flight-picks.com
Old Jan 28, 2004, 6:46 pm

Well, I just saw Flight Picks for the first time today. Have never booked from it.
I did not think the fares quoted me were exactly competitive. But my location, Denver, can be tricky.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 9:53 pm
In memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">This forum seems a bit dead.</font>
Well, because no one had heard of this no name site, I don't think that's indicative of the activity on this board. There are literally dozens of flight booking websites, some of which are scams. I've never heard of this one, but I'll stick with the major travel agencies and the airline websites myself.

[This message has been edited by Sheryl (edited Jan 29, 2004).]
Old Jan 29, 2004, 5:47 am

Sorry, but the lack of response seems to be an answer to your question.Looking at this site I wouldn't use it. Where's corp. info, guarantees, travel trade memberships,etc.?
Old Jan 29, 2004, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jabez:
Sorry, but the lack of response seems to be an answer to your question.Looking at this site I wouldn't use it. Where's corp. info, guarantees, travel trade memberships,etc.?</font>
Great observation. That is why I asked the question. The site seemed to give extra information, but it wasn't that useful and not fully as hyped. I missed the obvious -- the lack of credentials.

This is a slow forum, at best a post or two a day, but quality always beats quantity in a forum.

Old Jan 29, 2004, 8:33 pm
In memoriam

It's owned by a company in Bulgaria.

http://www.travelstoremaker.com/home/company.htm
Old Jan 30, 2004, 5:40 am

Sheryl
Thanks for the link. After reading through it,I still would shy away from this site.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 9:30 pm

October 5, 2003 ~ The Picks, On Line introduces Flight Picks

Following on the successful launch of Travel Picks (www.travel-picks.com) in June 2002, Todd Riedl, CEO and founder of the The Picks, On Line (www.the-picks.com) is please to introduce their latest travel website, Flight Picks, on line at www.flight-picks.com.

Partnering with Austin, TX based TravelStoreMaker.com Inc., visitors to Flight Picks, will be able to make online travel reservations through an intuitive and real time (7x24) web-based user interface. This is the same connection to a major CRS many travel agents use that provides up-to-date travel information. Flight Picks also offers consolidator fares, which are often not available to the general public through regular on-line booking systems.

TravelStoreMaker.com provides the complete infrastructure including: content, transaction processing, inventory and yield management, fulfillment, and customer service. The web engine is based on plain language entry of customer preferences. A built-in spell checker will even accept minor misspellings of airport or city names, enabling even sloppy typists to advance through the reservation process. Every page contains useful tips and notes to help the user complete the reservation quickly and easily. Detailed Help and Frequently Asked Questions pages are also provided for further reference.

"Through the Flight Picks brand, this alliance has allowed The Picks, On Line to offer a fully developed travel application that provides instant one-stop-shopping travel services," said Todd Riedl. "With flight-picks.com we are able to offer the travel consumer thousands of travel suppliers' products and services, offering access to more than 455 airlines, 200 hotel companies (39,000 properties), and 44 car rental companies (17,275 locations)."

The Picks, On Line is a publishing organization dedicated to developing, promoting and bringing top-quality content to the internet with a primary focus on providing 'top picks' for a variety of travel related services.

[This message has been edited by olympic-buzz (edited Jan 30, 2004).]
Old Jan 30, 2004, 10:42 pm
In memoriam

We've got a spammer here posting under multiple identities. Check out travel-todd's email address and then compare it to Olympic Buzz's post.

He posts his affiliate link under the travel-todd ID and then promotes himself here. All the more reason to believe that Flight Picks must be some kind of scam.

Can we please get rid of this guy?

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/000443.html

[This message has been edited by Sheryl (edited Jan 30, 2004).]
Old Feb 1, 2004, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sheryl:
...I'll stick with the major travel agencies and the airline websites myself....
</font>
If a BFT representative were to appear on CNBC, there would be full disclosure that BFT accepts much banner advertising from some of "the major travel agencies".
Old Feb 1, 2004, 5:27 pm

Now BFT Sheryl says, "Can we please get rid of this guy?" Is she proposing a hit on this guy?!? Strange!
Old Feb 2, 2004, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Wouldn't a criminal conspiracy to murder another FTer constitute a TOS violation, resulting in suspension or termination of one's FT membership?
Old Feb 2, 2004, 11:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sheryl:
Can we please get rid of this guy?</font>
How about a very clear warning before so quickly resorting to that? This is FT not BFT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.