Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bidding for travel?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by thesilb
AsiaMiles is great. Let's put it this way: for every 36 hotel rooms booked on Priceline, chalk yourself up a free business class ticket on British Airways from the USA to Europe!
How are you calculating that? According to AsiaMiles' awards chart, it takes 115,000 miles for a USA-Europe Business Class award.

With 36 rooms booked on Priceline, let's assume at the highest rate of 1,500, that's 54,000 eBay points. According to Points.com, 54,000 eBay points translates into only 60,750 AsiaMiles -- hardly enough for a USA-Europe business class award on British Airways.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong??
Old Feb 17, 2005, 8:00 am

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
How are you calculating that? According to AsiaMiles' awards chart, it takes 115,000 miles for a USA-Europe Business Class award.

With 36 rooms booked on Priceline, let's assume at the highest rate of 1,500, that's 54,000 eBay points. According to Points.com, 54,000 eBay points translates into only 60,750 AsiaMiles -- hardly enough for a USA-Europe business class award on British Airways.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong??
Business Class on BA from most east coast/central USA/Canadian cities to LHR costs 60000 miles. Econo costs 45000 miles for round trip. Flight from SFO/LAX costs more because it just goes over a miles bracket.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 10:18 am

Does anyone know whats going on over there right now? Seems to be some kind of problem with coverage?
Old Mar 14, 2005, 10:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
I've been wondering the same thing.

I feel sorry for BFT's customer base (those who bid through their A-B link). They have to abide by very strict rules for the priviledge of being a customer. Unfortunately, it appears the employees of the company don't feel any explanation is owed to it's customer base when service suffers the delays such as those the above poster mentioned. You'd think it would be a two way street when it comes to rules and expectations, but apparently not.

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelinean...cID=1762.topic

Last edited by BEAV; Mar 14, 2005 at 10:39 am
Old Mar 14, 2005, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The BFT Administratrix may have run into some bad fugu/blowfish during one of her sushi binges

Actually, she might be speaking at a travel industry trade show or something like that (I've seen her name on panel lists before). I wonder if she PLs her hotels when she travels for these functions (and if so, does she send an important message to her own (SL)EZinbox)???
Old Mar 14, 2005, 12:04 pm
Original Member

Whoever posted in that thread has better hope the BFT mgmt don't come back soon, for when they do, their accounts will be banned due to the "tone of their voice".
Old Mar 14, 2005, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Actually, she might be speaking at a travel industry trade show or something like that (I've seen her name on panel lists before).
I think it's the length of the absence (a month or better now?) that has everyone wondering.....
Old Mar 14, 2005, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
a semi explanation

Originally Posted by BEAV
I think it's the length of the absence (a month or better now?) that has everyone wondering.....
There's a reference to the absence here

In the meantime, posters should be expected to flog themselves. :-)

Last edited by solosf; Mar 14, 2005 at 9:05 pm
Old Mar 14, 2005, 9:31 pm

Glad to see they finally communicated to their loyal customer base, no matter how long overdue.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 7:59 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
Originally Posted by solosf
There's a reference to the absence here

In the meantime, posters should be expected to flog themselves. :-)
Oh, baby!
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:15 pm

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
BFT Hotel Reviews

Going off on a slight tangent here, and apologize, but can someone please list the procedure(s) for posting an initial/first review of a BFT hotel?

I have looked all over that website and cannot find an explanation of how to do this.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 11:32 am

Programs: NW Plat
Originally Posted by ColoBill1
Going off on a slight tangent here, and apologize, but can someone please list the procedure(s) for posting an initial/first review of a BFT hotel?

I have looked all over that website and cannot find an explanation of how to do this.
Seems like you'd just pick the region and then click "New Topic".

As to content and form, I hear they're pretty good about letting you know if you do something wrong.

Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:32 am

Note that this means the region in the Hotel Reviews section towards the bottom of the home page, not in the hotel bidding section (in case you're seeing the reviews from the hotel lists in that section).
Old Mar 27, 2005, 5:45 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
I'll read BFT but I won't post there. I'm not into masochism. I like the tone of the betterbidding.com board much better.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by trader475

Seems like you'd just pick the region and then click "New Topic".

As to content and form, I hear they're pretty good about letting you know if you do something wrong.
Do you "have" to use the format? I never have. And as far as I know the posts are still there.

Glen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.