Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Watch out - SuperTravel is just another name for scammers SnapTravel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat

Heads up - the company SnapTravel has renamed itself super.com, perhaps to distance themselves from bad reviews such as the ones in this thread Anyone have experience with SnapTravel ?.

To add to the stories, I had another bad experience with them. I booked a room at a highly sought after hotel on June 10th to stay on December 9th-11th for a festival. I paid in full back in June.

I called the hotel last week to confirm my reservation, and it turns out it's not on their system, and of course they're now booked solid. I wrote to Super and they said I'd receive a callback or email from their Amendments department. Days later I got this email:

"Hi there,

We're sorry we weren't able to update you regarding your concern. We're also sorry that the hotel can't find your reservation, and they will be overbooked at the time of your arrival. No worries, as I've already coordinated this with our travel partner. ​Please stay tuned for updates!

Best regards,
Jan Ray"

There is still no record of my booking at the hotel and I'm now scrambling to find a place to stay for the festival this Friday.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 5:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by asar
Heads up - the company SnapTravel has renamed itself super.com, perhaps to distance themselves from bad reviews such as the ones in this thread Anyone have experience with SnapTravel ?.

To add to the stories, I had another bad experience with them. I booked a room at a highly sought after hotel on June 10th to stay on December 9th-11th for a festival. I paid in full back in June.

I called the hotel last week to confirm my reservation, and it turns out it's not on their system, and of course they're now booked solid. I wrote to Super and they said I'd receive a callback or email from their Amendments department. Days later I got this email:

"Hi there,

We're sorry we weren't able to update you regarding your concern. We're also sorry that the hotel can't find your reservation, and they will be overbooked at the time of your arrival. No worries, as I've already coordinated this with our travel partner. ​Please stay tuned for updates!

Best regards,
Jan Ray"

There is still no record of my booking at the hotel and I'm now scrambling to find a place to stay for the festival this Friday.
It is now Friday. What happened? Did you get a room at the hotel?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Just came back from my trip.

After repeatedly pursuing the agency and a complaint at the BBB, they answered an email replying they had booked me at an alternative hotel. In a previous email I had specified which alternative hotel would be fine for me. This hotel was not at the festival site, but had frequent shuttles or was a nearby walk away. The room they rebooked me on was more expensive than what I had originally paid, but I was not charged a difference. On arrival I was given a junior suite, but with a view of loud construction.

I also received 25% of my original payment as a voucher to use at another hotel.

In the end, the service recovery was decent. If asked whether I'd recommend them to friends and family, I'd answer 5 or 6.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 11:42 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by asar
Just came back from my trip.

After repeatedly pursuing the agency and a complaint at the BBB, they answered an email replying they had booked me at an alternative hotel. In a previous email I had specified which alternative hotel would be fine for me. This hotel was not at the festival site, but had frequent shuttles or was a nearby walk away. The room they rebooked me on was more expensive than what I had originally paid, but I was not charged a difference. On arrival I was given a junior suite, but with a view of loud construction.

I also received 25% of my original payment as a voucher to use at another hotel.

In the end, the service recovery was decent. If asked whether I'd recommend them to friends and family, I'd answer 5 or 6.
That's interesting. It sounds like they actually made a mistake (as opposed to cheating you) and they actually tried to make it okay. As you said, very calmly, it doesn't make it okay (because the mistake was bad and caused you stress), but it distinguishes them from some others (at least this time).
Old Dec 12, 2022, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

That's right, I no longer think they are scammers, but I do think that they collect prepayment for hotel reservations they are not able to confirm, which is not great. If at some point they are much cheaper than other options and also I am confident the hotel won't sell out those dates, I might try them again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.