Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Adjusting a return OTA flight through the airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Booked a return flight on TAP through Expedia, and we flew the first leg a few months ago. However, I adjusted the return leg date directly through the TAP website after paying 250 Euros x 2 tickets (in error, when I should have gone via the OTA/Expedia). The change in my return leg does appear to have gone through OK, but my Expedia return date is now different to whats on TAP. Any advice on whether I am likely to have issues? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:58 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Once you have flown the first flight on a reservation, the airline takes control of the entire booking, and can make changes without having to involve the travel agent. You should not have any issues.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cbn42
Once you have flown the first flight on a reservation, the airline takes control of the entire booking, and can make changes without having to involve the travel agent. You should not have any issues.
Thank you! That is good news, and I have just had the same confirmed by Expedia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.