Wiki Posts
Search

FX Error at OTA

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

FX Error at OTA

Hi,

I Just booked a flight with an OTA (Travellink) and I am fairly certain they had an FX error in their system.

I purchased a cross-atlantic flight for 237 (local currency), however, the flight is normally 10,000-14,000.

I finalised the booking, paid, and received an OTA booking number. For obvious reasons their site is now down for maintenance after I purchased the flight.

My question is - are the obliged to provide me the tickets now that I already paid? Or can they cancel the tickets if I have already booked.

Thanks in advance
Old May 16, 2022, 1:33 pm

I just did the same, booked two flights for like 10euros which is normally 500euros each. They will probably find a way to cancel our tickets, right?
Old May 16, 2022, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jocke98
I just did the same, booked two flights for like 10euros which is normally 500euros each. They will probably find a way to cancel our tickets, right?

Just to update.

I got my tickets and booking reference and can log into Airfrance with them already. Airfrance account says I paid roughly 50x the price.
Old May 16, 2022, 1:50 pm

Same, but norwegian charged me 60euros for some unknown reason, would advise you to empty your account until this gets figured out...
Old May 17, 2022, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Update - mine got cancelled now (due to technical reasons). But they already send me the booking with Airfrance yesterday which is no longer working today.

Are they allowed to do that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.