Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Beware of tickets sold by Oojo and Kiwi luggage misinformation

Old Apr 21, 22, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Here is my experience with these two ticket agencies:

1- Bought ticket from Oojo and 15 hours later (6 hours before flight), still no confirmation. Started calling them every 30 minutes. They kept telling me that no worries and they are urgently working on it. I told them it's just a few hours before check in and boarding, but they were confident that I will be ok. Having the experience of receiving my e-ticket number/confirmation just 2 hours before flight (from Kiwi) was reliving me a bit tho. Just 3 hours before flight, the las representative in Oojo told me that they already cancelled my ticket 8 hours ago and refunded my credit card!!! I couldn't believe it. They did not bother emailing or calling me and worse, they were telling me that they are working on it until now!! This cost me 28 hours of getting stuck in LAX and buying another ticket for $180 more.

2- Kiwi was telling me that my trans-pacific ticket doesn't include checked luggage and I need to pay $170 for a 33 pound (!!) checked luggage. I risked and didn't purchase it. In the airport, I realized that United trans-pacific flights in all classes of ticket have checked luggage (I forget only 1 or 2) for free. I could loose $170 plus packing less than normal 50 pounds for no good reason.
Old May 3, 22, 9:35 am

Programs: TK Elite
To No. 1,
you deliberately bought OTA ticket (rather than directly with the airline) less than a day before departure, i.e. close to departure knowing that the OTA could take time to issue the ticket (wheras the airline would do it immediately). It seems that you gambled, spend awfuld lot of time to try to get the ticket issued and at the end lost; totally unneccessary IMO.

I'm sorry but you don't get much sympathy from me for your No. 1 complaint. It was asking for troubles buying an OTA ticket this close to departure.
Old May 5, 22, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
To No. 1,
you deliberately bought OTA ticket (rather than directly with the airline) less than a day before departure, i.e. close to departure knowing that the OTA could take time to issue the ticket (wheras the airline would do it immediately). It seems that you gambled, spend awfuld lot of time to try to get the ticket issued and at the end lost; totally unneccessary IMO.

I'm sorry but you don't get much sympathy from me for your No. 1 complaint. It was asking for troubles buying an OTA ticket this close to departure.
​​​​​​It is not about why they couldn't issue ticket but why they didn't send an email notifying the cancellation and why they were keeping telling me that everything is ok and they are still working on it (while cancellation and refund was done Hours Ago!!)
Old May 5, 22, 12:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite
OK - it is important to understand that most OTA call center agents are incompetent and would most likely not be able to provide accurate information. Another reason why OTA should be avoided.
Old May 5, 22, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
OK - it is important to understand that most OTA call center agents are inkompetent and would most likely not be able to provide accurate information.
Exactly! That's why I'm warning others here...

Search this Thread