Smart Fares Scam

Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Smart Fares Scam

Has anyone else been the victim of a smart fares scam? We bought a "flexible ticket" because we were waiting on our Indian visas to arrive and we needed to change our flight date. When we called Smartfares, all of the sudden there was nothing even remotely close in price to the ticket we bought. We would have been better off purchasing a whole new ticket. We ended up forfeiting the entire ticket and booking through another airline. I learned my lesson to never use a third party discounter again when trying to book flexible travel! I feel their claims were very misleading, BEWARE! We are looking for a travel agent type person who could vouch for us - our credit card company is asking us to provide an objective perspective to try to fight the charge on our credit card. If any experienced traveler on this forum could help us, I'd be very grateful! I don't even know how to find a "travel agent" these days! Many thanks and happy travels!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.