Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Hotwire.com Refunds during Corona Pandemic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA: 2 MM

We had a three week trip planned to Europe in June, which has now been canceled. We always try to stay at the Sofitel LHR if we're arriving in London from the U.S. because it's the only 5* hotel in the LHR so it's easy to get on Hotwire and a great place to stay before beginning a vacation, especially after taking a daytime flight from the U.S. (and arriving at LHR in the evening). This time we booked the Sofitel on the back end as well. We needed on more night in London and also booked a Doubletree.

The good news is that Hilton allowed us to cancel and get a refund, which arrived today. No word on the Sofitel yet. Everything else on the trip - airlines, hotels that had to be paid in advance has been fully refunded. I am not complaining because I know the risks of booking on Hotwire. I'm just surprised that Sofitel isn't following suit.

What experiences have others had?
Old May 30, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
I have two stays booked in the first two weeks of June in NYC at independent hotels booked via Hotwire. These were booked in early February. Both requests for refunds have been denied by the Hotwire. They are blaming the hotels, but from close reading of the form email Hotwire sent me, it appears they are only negotiating refunds with partners only thru 5/31/20. Ridiculous, since NYC is still largely closed to tourists. Flights were already cancelled by Delta. I called their customer service line and spoke with a supervisor, who was downright rude and just kept repeating the line "the email is the final decision." I will be out more than $1800 if there is no resolution. Ugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.